PFT And It's Silly Rumors...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
    The bucs wouldnt give up their thrid for grant. Or at least i hope, our pick is so high its almost a second, it just doesnt make sense.
    Name a DE in the draft this year that you think will have a bigger impact and help us win more than Grant.

We would be lucky if the Saints agreed to that trade anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
      It is just a rumor. No NFL team would be stupid enough to give up two first round picks for one player.

Except for the Dallas Cowboys.
      and the miami dolphins.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Well, the Bucs did trade two first round picks and 8$ Million for a Head Coach, so don't put it beyond them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          Well, the Bucs did trade two first round picks and 8$ Million for a Head Coach, so don't put it beyond them.
          they couldn't justify doing the same thing with Grant because there is no way they are winning the Super Bowl next year

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

But would they really fork over two first round picks to a division rival? Doesn't make sense at all, unless they're working out different compensation.

Comment

You forgot to mention the two second round picks that we dealt away in that trade as well. You can't put a price on a Super Bowl ring.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                But would they really fork over two first round picks to a division rival? Doesn't make sense at all, unless they're working out different compensation.
                You can answer that question yourself, because we are all well aware that Charles Grant is not worth 1 first round pick let alone 2.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  You forgot to mention the two second round picks that we dealt away in that trade as well. You can't put a price on a Super Bowl ring.
                  Can you say for certain that Marvin Lewis couldn't have brought a Super Bowl title?
                  Last edited by Shiver; 03-16-2007, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Can you say for certain that Marvin Lewis couldn't have brought a Super Bowl title?
                    No, of course not. I always wonder whether we needed to sacrifice that much to get Gruden and win the Super Bowl, but he did make it happen so I can't be greedy. I wouldn't take back that trade in a million years.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

This workout could just be used for the future. Grant will be a free agent next year so maybe Allen and Chucky are just trying to get the inside track on possibly signing him in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                        No, of course not. I always wonder whether we needed to sacrifice that much to get Gruden and win the Super Bowl, but he did make it happen so I can't be greedy. I wouldn't take back that trade in a million years.
                        Stop it, you're making me hate Eugene Robinson more than I already do. I blame him.
                        Last edited by Shiver; 03-16-2007, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                          This workout could just be used for the future. Grant will be a free agent next year so maybe Allen and Chucky are just trying to get the inside track on possibly signing him in the future.
                          That sounds like wishful thinking if I ever heard it.
                          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                            That sounds like wishful thinking if I ever heard it.
                            How so? The Bucs wouldn't give up two first rounders for him and a trade between divisional teams is highly unlikely. I think it is actually a logical reason for the workout.

Comment

After seeing Charles Grant play against them for quite some time now, I highly doubt that the Bucs coaching staff and general managers are wanting to bring him in for a workout just to get a closer look at him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

Personally, I feel like this is just a ploy for Charles Grant to get a long-term, more money deal from New Orleans.

I doubt that Tampa Bay would be willing to give up two first rounders and I don't think that the two sides would be unable to make a deal that both sides would agree on.

But if he wants to go, [expletive deleted] it.... let him go...

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
                                https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information