DeAngelo Williams: Will be be traded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
    The Panthers should trade him for James Jones and a 5-6 round draft pick. Would you be for that? They need another receiver desperately
    I would make it a 2nd round pick if they wanted to unload Steve Smith and his contract. Both guys wear #89 so it makes sense!

Fans would then just need to change the nameplates on their #89 jerseys.

Comment

Yeah all those James Jones jerseys you see out there lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
        Yeah all those James Jones jerseys you see out there lol
        LOL, that's funny... I thought that when I wrote that. If I had enough $$$$, I'd have gotten a Jones one, probably about my 15th choice, but I do really like the guy.

Maybe only his family and close friends have his jersey though.

Comment

Panthers aren't going to trade their star player when their coach is fighting for his job. At least, not if he has any say over it.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
            Panthers aren't going to trade their star player when their coach is fighting for his job. At least, not if he has any say over it.
            He's not fighting for his job. He's a dead man walking. He's gone after this year. Everyone said that coming into the year. 0-5 pretty much seals the deal.

With Jon Stewart as a 1st round young back, good backup in Mike Goodson, they really shouldn't invest another huge $$$ in Williams next year at the RB position. That team has way, way too many other holes to overspend on one position like that, plus DeAngelo has some mileage on him from Memphis and there. They'd be smart to cash him in. Can't ignore the 0-5 record.

Comment

Trading Deangelo doesn't make the Panthers any worse, in fact makes so much sense which is why it won't happen. They have Tyrell Sutton just sitting on the inactive roster who would be a perfect 3rd RB and it's all but in stone Deangelo is gone.

Sometimes trades just make so much sense but never happen at times.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

It's far from all but in stone that he's gone. Chances are no ones offering a second or higher that the team will likely want and Carolina has one of the lowest salaries in the NFL. Williams contract isn't painful, in the slightest and he's the only player on the offense producing right now.

There's plenty of money to re-sign him if needed in the offseason. With Goodson and Sutton I see Stewart as the more likely trade bait.

Comment

Whatever helps my fantasy team

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                    I would make it a 2nd round pick if they wanted to unload Steve Smith and his contract. Both guys wear #89 so it makes sense!

Fans would then just need to change the nameplates on their #89 jerseys.
                    Smith and Williams for Jones and a 2nd round pick? Are you high?

Comment

Carolina is in the bottom few for salary this year, if there was a salary cap this year they'd probably even be under the floor right now. No way anyone gets traded for financial reasons at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information