No announcement yet.

The Parity of the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the time of yr. when mediocrity descends over the NFL, & its ugly offspring is parity.

Shocktober is when the upsets happen, & early season surprise contenders like KC & Houston hit the wall. lso when teams counted out & coach on the hotseat redeem themselves like the Giants.

I agree about the ravens, put them at the top of the power rankings as of today.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
      He is the destroyer of worlds......

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
        He is the destroyer of worlds......
        Hmmm....I CALL THIS GUY BALACKTUS.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
          I agree with the whole parity concept. Good for the game. But you lost me here. I don't want to make this into yet another, "How good is Eli? Where does he rank?" thread, but "chuckin' it really well" is a wee bit much.
          actually Eli's been pretty damn super this year so far.

but yes, I love it. every week, it seems every game is gonna be a good one. any given sunday mentality for the winnnn
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            I think the Steelers and the Jets are good. Otherwise, uhh...
            I agree, these two are a cut above the AFC right now, with Baltimore in third place IMO.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I love it, it really leaves things wide open. Come December things are going to be really interesting to see who gets in and who doesnt.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Yet there is one constant every year, the browns still blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  The Steelers didn't have Big Ben, and this was before the Jets unleashed Sanchez finally. I think the Ravens are good, but I don't think they've proven to be good enough to overcome Flacco's inconsistencies.
                  Nice excuses, but Flacco grows in each start and has a winning record in the playoffs. Frankly I love that people want to sleep on this team, they are at their best when the world is against them.

Not to mention, you make excuses for those teams yet we just unleashed Ray Rice today and we haven't had Ed Reed.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                  On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                    Yet there is one constant every year, the browns still blow.
                    lol, if it makes you feel better im pulling for the Brownies. Its nice to see different teams have success and not always the same couple powerhouses. I just really hope something gets done with the CBA. Otherwise there wont be football and its been considered a huge reason why there is so much parity.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                      Nice excuses, but Flacco grows in each start and has a winning record in the playoffs. Frankly I love that people want to sleep on this team, they are at their best when the world is against them.

Not to mention, you make excuses for those teams yet we just unleashed Ray Rice today and we haven't had Ed Reed.
                      this, this and more this.
                      raymell rice...honestly, i think i've used every homoerotic term I know to describe him and my love for him. it's just a given on here anyway
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

One of the following teams is going to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl this year: Ravens, Steelers, Jets, or Chargers.

I would pencil in the Packers as the favorite in the NFC to play in the Super Bowl, because they are the best team in the NFC when healthy, but they've suffered too many critical injuries this year to be taken seriously. Their defense is decimated, they've lost their #1 RB, and now they risk losing their TE.

I think the Cowboys are still the most talented team in the NFC but they certainly aren't playing like it. But if you had to ask me, I'd say that one of the following teams will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl: Giants, Cowboys, Vikings, or Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                          One of the following teams is going to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl this year: Ravens, Steelers, Jets, or Chargers.
                          No.

Even if they turn it around which I think they will I still think they will fall apart in the playoffs.

Comment

It's the Kansas City Chiefs and everybody else, really.
                            Wait, you actually believed me?

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                              It's the Kansas City Chiefs and everybody else, really.
                              Wait, you actually believed me?
                              If they had a half-decent QB, they actually would be the one of the top 5 teams in the NFL, easily. That defense is legit.

Comment

Anyone remember Peter King getting ripped for his Super Bowl prediction of Pittsburgh vs Green Bay?
                                He was ripped by many readers for..... the Steelers pick! Not the Packers pick.

Injuries are huge factors and are impossible to predict.

Troy Polamalu showed last year how valuable he was by his absence.
                                heck, the Steelers went 3-0 without Big Ben this year, but without Polamalu last year, their defense sucked compared to normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information