No announcement yet.

The Parity of the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called Ravens over Falcons at the start of the season, and Ill stick to that.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
      If they had a half-decent QB, they actually would be the one of the top 5 teams in the NFL, easily.
      I don't know if I would go that far but if they had a QB I could see playoffs, their D, running game and SP teams are all playing great.

Comment

Dont question Morton, he knows the future. So we can book either the ravens steelers or chargers in the super bowl. Again, isnt it great when people post predictions as fact?

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
          I agree with the whole parity concept. Good for the game. But you lost me here. I don't want to make this into yet another, "How good is Eli? Where does he rank?" thread, but "chuckin' it really well" is a wee bit much.
          Have you seen him play? Eli's been quite beastly and if it weren't for 4 passes that bounced off of his receiver's hands he'd be doing absolutely superbly.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
          Originally posted by JBCX
          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
            Have you seen him play? Eli's been quite beastly and if it weren't for 4 passes that bounced off of his receiver's hands he'd be doing absolutely superbly.

Yes I have. And I'm sure Eli is the only QB who has had interceptions that weren't his fault.

He's the same guy he's always been. He's not amazing (or not "chuckin' it really well" as the OP said. He's just Eli.

Comment

What stands out is how flawed all of these teams really are. Especially in the NFC East and AFC South. I think in the AFC it will come down to if New York can sustain its level of play (Mark Sanchez I'm looking at you!) and which of Pittsburgh and Baltimore survives. The NFC is even more wide open: you have to like New York and Atlanta right now.

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                So if San Diego fails to win the AFC West this year who will "their" fans support next year?Kansas City?
                Good one! Nobody bandwagons the Raiders!

Just look at this INSANE post game celebration at the coliseum after the first Oakland victory against S.D. in seven years!

aka KGB Chicken

Comment

This has been the Parity league for years now.

The surprising season was last year when there was no parity...
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                    This has been the Parity league for years now.

The surprising season was last year when there was no parity...
                    That's what happens when the top teams stay healthy.
                    Originally posted by SNIPER26
                    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

not the best football this year..

Comment

Yardage seems to be easier to come by through the air this year... However that may be because the running game is a shell of its former self and teams are just airing it out.

Comment

Teams are playing more aggressively. It might not be something that is easy to see in the stats per se, but you can see it with almost every game.

Even defensive battles these days have their fair share of offensive fireworks. That Steelers v Ravens game was the perfect example - big plays on offense and defense.

It isn't just week to week consistency that is breaking down in the NFL, it's play to play consistency as well. A defense will force 2 sacks in a row and then give up a 30 yard pass seemingly much more regularly now. As stated, the league is starting to play more aggressively, bit by bit. Coaches* are straying from conservative approaches in an attempt to control a game and are instead starting to focus entirely on how they can stike next, and games regularly end up becomming a battle of who can strike first and last.

* Except Jeff Fisher.

Comment

The NFL now comes in graph form to highlight the parity of 2010.

Read it clockwise. Atlanta beat Tampa 27-21, Tampa beat Cleveland 17-14 and so on until the Steelers complete the full circle with their 15-9 win over the Falcons from Week 1.

Comment

I wonder how many times this has happened? Amazed it only took until Week 11 as well.

Comment

**** parity. It's bad for the NFL because now I feel like any given moment the game can swing for no ******* reason on a stupid play or series of plays.

I was watching a team dominate for 3 quarters and all of the sudden can't do anything right. They lose or almost lose every time.

Very very few scores end up lopsided. You can almost presume they will come back at the end now.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information