The Parity of the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Parity of the NFL

San Diego just lost to Oakland. They never deserved to win, even with a great display from Rivers. Right out of the gate the Special Teams doomed them, and Oakland played a great game.

Indianapolis had trouble with Kansas City. New Orleans lost to a team starting an UDFA at Quarterback in his first career start. Dallas outgains Tennessee by over 200 yards yet lose a close game. Tampa Bay beat Cincinnati. Detroit hasn't won a game all year yet win by 38 with Shaun Hill at the helm. Houston was as close to being dominated as you can get against the Giants. Green Bay loses in a ****** game against a scrapy team.

I absolutely love the parity the NFL has this year. It truly is "Any Given Sunday". I won three games in my pick 'em so far. Three? Gimme a freakin' break.

But as a football fan all I can do is admire it. It's going to set up some excellent playoff races, division races and a boatload of different Super Bowl picks.

So who is a "true" contender at this point?

The Jets? Baltimore? Pittsburgh? Dallas? Indianapolis?

I think the only constant contender right now is Baltimore. They're the team to beat right now. If they go back to the ground game they will be close to unstoppable. Flacco's development has been fantastic and he was great today.

Throw in your contenders.

I think I've got Baltimore, NYJ, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and I'm surprised to say it, but the Giants.

They are playing inspired on defense, taking on the "underdog" tag and Eli is chuckin' it around really well. The offensive line has holes, they need a new punter and re-ignite the run game they're as good as anyone but a few teams right now.

Just want to get other people's thoughts on this.

Originally posted by iBoldin View Post
    Eli is chuckin' it around really well.

I agree with the whole parity concept. Good for the game. But you lost me here. I don't want to make this into yet another, "How good is Eli? Where does he rank?" thread, but "chuckin' it really well" is a wee bit much.

Comment

More or less I think he's doing well with the circumstances. The run game is good, but it's still not convincing enough to defenses. How much longer can they keep giving a scatback in Bradshaw 20-25 carries? The line isn't giving him the benefit of a doubt either.

Again, I just think he's doing well regarding the circumstances. He looked really good today and he's looking like he's establishing something really good in Hakeem Nicks.

Comment

the Niners are 0-4, **** your parity.

/bitterness

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

So if San Diego fails to win the AFC West this year who will "their" fans support next year?Kansas City?
          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

You have us as contenders? Lol. Not a chance.
            Have you seen our injuries?
            Rodgers, Grant, Finley, Lee, Tauscher, Pickett, Barnett, Chillar, Matthews, Harris, Bigby, Shields, Burnett.
            I doubt we'll make the playoffs to be honest with you.

Comment

To be honest, I wouldn't think twice if they didn't that mass of injuries, if overcome, would be a miracle. I'll give them another few weeks though.

Comment

I think the Steelers and the Jets are good. Otherwise, uhh...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  I think the Steelers and the Jets are good. Otherwise, uhh...
                  I've mentioned it before and I'll say it here: What about the team that beat both the Steelers and the Jets, the Baltimore Ravens?

Comment

Id put the Giants, Bears, Falcons, Saints, Cowboys, and Vikings as all better than us at our current state in the NFC. In no way are we Super Bowl contenders at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                      I've mentioned it before and I'll say it here: What about the team that beat both the Steelers and the Jets, the Baltimore Ravens?
                      The Steelers didn't have Big Ben, and this was before the Jets unleashed Sanchez finally. I think the Ravens are good, but I don't think they've proven to be good enough to overcome Flacco's inconsistencies.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

If Matt Ryan can step it up and make more plays, I can buy as one of the best teams. I just haven't seen him take that next level step yet.

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                          So if San Diego fails to win the AFC West this year who will "their" fans support next year?Kansas City?
                          The Broncos led by a suffocating defense walked out of Qualcomm stadium last year at 6-0 after beating the 2-3 Chargers.

No disrespect to the Chiefs, but the AFC West is far from over.

Comment

I don't think any Chiefs fan (at least, no sane one..) thinks the division is won by any means.

I thought we'd play the Colts tough and be in that game, and we were, but beating the Colts at home is not easy to do.

We're 3-1, everyone else is 2-3, but there is a LOT of football left to play.

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Indianapolis had trouble with Kansas City.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information