Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
    Dal is no more the big 4.

Atlanta has to be up there now with a favorable schedule now.

Chicago I'm not buying into, but still their schedule doesn't look that bad. They split with Vikings and GB, lose to NE. Win against Lions, Bills, and Seahawks. After that its a toss up.

NY Giants are coming back in a big way. They always have odd slumps of either winning big, or losing big. Every year Tom Coughlin is "apparently on the hot seat" and some how he gets his team to play great for a stretch. I think the next few weeks they play great. Then week 10 against the Cowboys they go back to being up and down.
    They beat them because of a ******** call in Week One at home, yet somehow it's a lock that they win on the road against them? Sure.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I don't think some people understand the definition of being overrated. None of these 4 teams were overrated before the season started, especially Dallas and Minnesota. There is a difference between playing bad football once the season starts, and not being a team who looked legit enough to win the NFC.

Dallas won a playoff game last year, won in December, and got better as the season wore on without much changing in the off-season. Obviously they are playing terrible but that has nothing to do with them being overrated. Minny went further in the playoffs, were a bad play away from the SB, and again not much had changed.

Overrated was SF(I picked them too), but that's a team people were picking to win their division and maybe a playoff game, and they hadn't done crap the season before. To me that's overrated. It's not overrated if you pick a team who had success the season prior, and most of those pieces were still in place to make a run.

Just means things fell apart during the season and for one reason or another suck now, or just playing terrible football.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Would Minny be this bad if they still had Rice?

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          They beat them because of a ******** call in Week One at home, yet somehow it's a lock that they win on the road against them? Sure.
          If the Lions would have won, would you say they won by a lucky play? But given the bad call, they are playing much better, other than being raped by the Giants.

Comment

Dallas is over rated every single year. No one confuses the word over rated when describing the Dallas Cowboys.

Originally posted by WMD
            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
            Originally posted by gpngc
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
              Even healthy GB hasnt looked very impressive. But I guess all that pre season hype still has people believing.
              Have you watched our games? Week in and week out? Week one, we beat a tough Philly team on the road. Handled Buffalo, duh. Got lost in the laundry in Chicago on Monday Night and still had a chance to win. Then the injuries came. We're still 3-2. A game out from the best in the NFC. 17 of 29 players on defense have some sort of injury. Jermichael Finley and Donald Lee are both hurting. Ryan Grant down for the year. A rookie starting in Bulaga.

But, you're crazy for not buying into the Packers pre-season hype.
              Hindsight is 20/20.

Comment

Dallas is over rated every single year. No one confuses the word over rated when describing the Dallas Cowboys.
                I think over hyped is more accurate. They do have talent, so that's for sure. But they are always over hyped because they are the cowboys. Even when they are avg or bad they still get over hyped. That's something we NFC East fans are used to. It makes this 1-3 start even better!

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                  Have you watched our games? Week in and week out? Week one, we beat a tough Philly team on the road. Handled Buffalo, duh. Got lost in the laundry in Chicago on Monday Night and still had a chance to win. Then the injuries came. We're still 3-2. A game out from the best in the NFC. 17 of 29 players on defense have some sort of injury. Jermichael Finley and Donald Lee are both hurting. Ryan Grant down for the year. A rookie starting in Bulaga.

Hindsight is 20/20.
                  Every team has injuries. I'm sorry that I'm not impressed by wins at Buffalo, escaping Philly and Vick, escaping the ******* Lions, and losses to Chicago and Washington, while not seeing Rodgers become that top three Qb everyone talked about. So yes, I really am not impressed with the pack. I understand getting hyped, but alot of people on this board acted and still do act like the Packers have already won the super bowl.

Originally posted by WMD
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                    That is true, although with Ryan Grant, he did have over 1200 yards rushing each of the past 2 seasons, and defenses had some respect for him and the running game.

Not now.

Enter Marshawn Lynch.... wait a minute.
                    Okay, enter DeAngelo Williams from the 0-5 Panthers.... umm. Doesn't that make too much sense?
                    The Packers are too dumb to get Williams. It would make way too much sense and be way too easy for Ted Thompson.

But the Vikings without Peterson isn't even comparable to the Packers without Grant. It is about the marginal difference, and since AP is the best, the difference is greater. The Packers have all these injuries, especially this weekend, but the Vikings have been decimated by the injury bug too, only most of our injuries were in training camp, which caused us to have a slow start. Favre got in late, no Griffin, no Rice, no Harvin, Peterson missing significant time, etc, doomed us for the early season. Everyone has injuries, and everyone is hurt by them. Now that we are relatively healthy, as long as we can get in sync we should be back to being awesome again. The only problem is our schedule is ridiculous.
                    Last edited by prock; 10-11-2010, 01:07 PM.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Hindsight is 20/20.
                      How are you crazy for not buying into the hype? You mean I am nuts for not buying a team who has a woeful offensive line and the only addition is a rookie? Am I crazy for not buying into a team with a garbage secondary? Rodgers isn't the god everyone on this forum makes him out to be either. Hindsight is 20/20, but there were definitely people on this board who weren't buying into the hype preseason as well.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        It's a 60 minute game and the ref made the correct call. Stop being a cry baby.

Comment

Every team has injuries. I'm sorry that I'm not impressed by wins at Buffalo, escaping Philly and Vick, escaping the ******* Lions, and losses to Chicago and Washington, while not seeing Rodgers become that top three Qb everyone talked about. So yes, I really am not impressed with the pack. I understand getting hyped, but alot of people on this board acted and still do act like the Packers have already won the super bowl.
                          Now we escaped Vick and Philly? We didn't dominate them for 2 and a half quarters and win the game, we escaped them.

We have the heart of our schedule coming up. That will decide what kind of team we are. I'm confident we're the top team in the NFC, despite our losses thus far, at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                            Would Minny be this bad if they still had Rice?
                            I think he would have atleast helped them to one more win at this point.

Comment

The packers look pretty soft, it was like after every player one of there players would be crawling around on the ground. How did finley get hurt trying to tackle somebody, that sounds real cup cake? I wonder who the redskins will hurt next week we already took out vick and rodgers along with numerous other starter maybe we can hurt manning and have a chance against the colts lol
                              RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Now we escaped Vick and Philly? We didn't dominate them for 2 and a half quarters and win the game, we escaped them.

We have the heart of our schedule coming up. That will decide what kind of team we are. I'm confident we're the top team in the NFC, despite our losses thus far, at the end of the year.
                                Yes you did escape them, dominating a game for two quarters means nothing if they almost came back to tie it up in the last two quarters, you also didnt dominate the eagles with Vick in, you dominated a team with Kolb in, big difference. And maybe the pack will play better and prove me wrong, but no way have they or Rodgers lived up to the hype thus far.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information