Already on PUP:
    -CB Al Harris
    -S Atari Bigby
    -RB James Starks

Already on IR before week 5:
    -RB Ryan Grant, week 1
    -DE Justin Harrell, week 1
    -S Morgan Burnett, week 4

•LB Nick Barnett (wrist) and TE Jermichael Finley (knee) will have surgery in the coming days. It is now known whether either is season-ending. McCarthy said he would be surprised if Finley's surgery is season-ending, but you never know til the doctor gets in there. With the luck the Packers have had, it could turn into a season-ender. Finley's surgery will be Tuesday.

"I would be surprised if it’s season-ending, but anytime you go in for surgery, obviously it’s something you have to take the time to evaluate and once Dr. McKenzie does the surgery, we’ll have more information on the time frame," McCarthy said on Finley's surgery.

•With Barnett, they won't know if he can return until they are in there and doing the surgery. He will have surgery on Wednesday. He'll be out at least 8 weeks, best case scenario. Most likely, his season is done. It's similar to the injury Urlacher suffered last week in week one that ended his whole season.

•"When you’re dealing with his particular injury, they really won’t know until they get in there," McCarthy said of Barnett's surgery. "That’s really the fact of the matter. So we’re holding out hope."

•On how long they can wait for a recovery: "Anytime you deal with injuries, particularly this time of year, when you get up into the 6 to 8-week mark, those are tough decisions to make. But every injury is different. The fact that individuals are having surgery, we should have a pretty clear-cut view of exactly, based on the individual, the history of the individual, how the medical staff feels and so forth. I really can’t speculate if we’re going to hold onto one player as opposed to another."

Aaron Rodgers will miss at a minimum some practice time this week. McCarthy acknowledged he could miss the next game.

•McCarthy on when the injury occurred: "The concussion did occur on the last play. That thing was fairly evident, just based on the communication. There was no evidence or even talk of Aaron during the course of the fourth quarter. But he took a helmet-to-helmet blow there on the last play, and if you watch the tape, just the way he reacted and so forth, that’s when it did occur."

•LB Clay Matthews, they got good news with his hamstring strain. Don't think it's as bad in the past. Still, these injuries often linger and cause a guy to miss 2-4 weeks, which will include the Vikings, Cowboys, Jets, and Dolphins games.

Ryan Pickett with his ankle sprain, no timetable. Will miss some time for sure.

Derrick Martin (knee) will at least miss a couple weeks. He could be out for the season from the sound of it. He's been playing at safety with Bigby and Burnett out, and he's the Packers best special teams player. He was.

Brandon Chillar will return to practice this week with a trial practice. He'll see how it goes and the team will re-evaluate.

TE Donald Lee (chest sprain) could miss a couple weeks. I still want an eplanation how he got hurt after the TD catch. He celebrated with fans in the front row, and then never returned to the game. That "injury" is very suspicious when you consider he used to be the Packers player rep with the NFLPA and we know .

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
      Cutler/Martz didn't help that line out at all either. Cutler held onto the ball way too long and Martz kept calling 7 step drops and long developing routes.
      I'm hoping Martz will have learned his lesson against the Giants (it's just a shame Cutler had to get a concussion before Martz's realised running the ball might be a good idea) and we'll see Cutler taking primarily three stop drops or out of the shotgun.
      "TELL MARTZ I SAID F*CK HIM!"
      17/10/2011

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        Did you miss the Giants game?
        Actually, yes.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by CameronCropper View Post
          I'm hoping Martz will have learned his lesson against the Giants (it's just a shame Cutler had to get a concussion before Martz's realised running the ball might be a good idea) and we'll see Cutler taking primarily three stop drops or out of the shotgun.
          You must be in Canada or Europe, where no "z"s are allowed. lol

More on the Packers nightmare: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...ugh-the-rubble

All told, the Packers could play the Dolphins without seven players who were Week 1 starters. We have a long practice week ahead of us, but this injury report is just incredible. I think we can all agree that it will require a highly effective patchwork effort for the Packers to get where they want to go this season.

Just so you know what the Packers are up against, let's take a look at Weeks 6 through 12 of the Packers' 17-week schedule:

Week 6: Miami Dolphins
          Week 7: Minnesota Vikings
          Week 8: at New York Jets
          Week 9: Dallas Cowboys
          Week 10: Bye
          Week 11: at Minnesota Vikings
          Week 12: at Atlanta Falcons

Comment

I'm getting a kick out of this packers' injury bug. My packers fan friends were talking so much **** last year when this was happening to the Giants and all I could do was shrug and point to our injury list. Anyway not to jinx us, I just find the comedic timing of the universe quite amusing sometimes.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Bush gets doubled out of the backfield on passing plays. Thomas gets covered 1 on 1 by linebackers and can't pick up anyone in pass protection. That's the reason the Saints offense is struggling to move the ball right now, we flat out can't throw the ball like we used to.

Still not throwing in the towel yet. We missed a 30 yard chip shot to lose to the Falcons, and then this thread is all gloom and doom on them and we are 4-1.
              Originally posted by SNIPER26
              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                I'm getting a kick out of this packers' injury bug. My packers fan friends were talking so much **** last year when this was happening to the Giants and all I could do was shrug and point to our injury list. Anyway not to jinx us, I just find the comedic timing of the universe quite amusing sometimes.
                I don't see anything funny about it. But I know some Vikings fans who are giddy about it.

Comment

It is pretty awesome. But we had the injury bug earlier this year too. It just makes me happy that the Packers are getting so screwed after everyone crowned them already.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                    Same old song and dance. Every year a handful of teams (usually the same ones) get hyped up in the offseason and they almost always disappoint. It's always the same people that fall for it hook line and sinker as well.
                    And AZ always rises back to the top after a offseason of doubting

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                      And AZ always rises back to the top after a offseason of doubting
                      Arizona is ******* terrible.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                        I don't see anything funny about it. But I know some Vikings fans who are giddy about it.
                        They were talking **** when we were decimated by injuries and now are whining about them getting hurt by injuries...no?...oh, well...

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                          Every team has injuries. I'm sorry that I'm not impressed by wins at Buffalo, escaping Philly and Vick, escaping the ******* Lions, and losses to Chicago and Washington, while not seeing Rodgers become that top three Qb everyone talked about. So yes, I really am not impressed with the pack. I understand getting hyped, but alot of people on this board acted and still do act like the Packers have already won the super bowl.
                          We are so far past the "everyone has injuries" mark it's laughable. I broke down the defense in the GB forums:

The injury situation has gone from horrible to you can't do anything but laugh. Lets take a look at our defense:

Safeties: We don't have a single healthy safety on the roster right now. Unless you consider Jarrett Bush a safety.
                          -Nick Collins played through a knee injury that most players wouldn't play through, and he went down at least once during the game.
                          -Atari Bigby is on the PUP
                          -Morgan Burnett is on IR
                          -Charlie Peprah played through a quadriceps injury
                          -Derrick Martin is in so much pain from his ankle that he's on crutches

Over to the cornerbacks:
                          -Charles Woodson plays through a toe injury virtually every game
                          -Harris is still on the PUP
                          -Underwood is playing with a shoulder brace I think if he's even playing
                          -Shields is out with a calf

And the linebackers, where we have a total of 4 healthy guys to play 4 spots
                          -Barnett is probably IRed
                          -Chillar out with shoulder
                          -Brad Jones playing with knee injury
                          -Zombo's knee is being monitored by the docs
                          -CM3 has the same hamstring problem

And last the DL, where again, we only have 3 truly healthy guys to play 3 spots
                          -Pickett's out a week at least with an ankle
                          -Mike Neal is still playing with sore ribs
                          -Cullen Jenkins is playing with 1 hand
                          -Harrell got IRed
                          -Jolly got suspended

That is 19 injuries on defense alone and we can't even field a defense without guys playing through injuries that they shouldn't have to play through. We started with 27. Them me re state that: 19 of 27 defensive players are out or playing hurt. Over 70% of our defense is injured.

Alright now lets look at the offense:
                          Our two best players are hurt
                          -Aaron Rodgers, concussion
                          -Jermichael Finley, 3-6 weeks with a knee

Our backup to Finley is hurt
                          -Donald Lee, chest

Our star running back is hurt along with his fullback
                          -Ryan Grant, IR
                          -Quinn Johnson, I don't remember

And our offensive tackles are constantly week to week
                          -Tauscher, out last week because of a shoulder
                          -Clifton, knee

I can't remember another team getting decimated this badly by injuries, ever.
                          Star quarterback? check
                          Star running back? check
                          Top receiving threat? check
                          Both tackles to protect the QB? check
                          First and second best pass rushers? check
                          Both pro bowlers in the secondary? check

On defense, besides cornerback where we also have a number of injuries, we have a total of 7 healthy guys to play 9 spots right now on the entire roster.
                          Last edited by umphrey; 10-11-2010, 05:48 PM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

No worries man, you were already crowned so these injuries don't even matter. Didn't you hear you already got your rings?

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

I dunno if it was quite as bad, but the Giants got absolutely destroyed by injuries last year (seems like they do every year TBH).

Comment

Nah, it's wasn't that bad, we just had our best corner banged up, our number 2 corner banged up, our only good safety missed the season, our best DL spent all year ineffectual due to injuries our second best pass rusher was made ineffectual by injury, our only above average DT was limited all year and missed about 4 games, our best LB was banged up and missed time, second best DT went down for the year, our depth at DT got injured, our starting center spent all year limited by injury, our starting RT's back gave out, both of our RBs had injuries that limited them all year and Eli spent months unable to step into his throws due to a stress fracture in one foot and plantar fasciitis in the other and I'm missing some guys like our 3rd string RB who blew out his knee in PS and our starting TE who missed time, and still we weren't as ****** as the bills have been a couple of times in the Jauron era...so no, no one's ever been as badly hit by injuries as the packers...

BK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information