NFC Big 4 (NO, Min, GB, Dal)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait, so injuries happen in football?
    WAIT WAIT WAIT! is it now ok to use injuries as an excuse? dammit, is this a new rule? because it sure as hell didn't do the Giants any good last year.
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      I dunno if it was quite as bad, but the Giants got absolutely destroyed by injuries last year (seems like they do every year TBH).
      Maybe the Giants weren't as badly hit, maybe it was close. But the Packers are only 5 games into the ******* season.

Comment

I don't get all the happiness Prock shows when people get hurt. I'd much rather my team beat a healthy team than to run through some banged up team.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Happiness they got hurt? No. Happy to see Packer fans complain? Yes.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
            I don't get all the happiness Prock shows when people get hurt. I'd much rather my team beat a healthy team than to run through some banged up team.
            I'm not pulling out the pom-poms but I don't give a damn about another team's injuries and how much they contribute to the game's final outcome.

Injured or not, the team that scores the most points gets the 'W'. And no team forfeits a game in the NFL because of injuries.

Everyone in FedEx knew GB was beat up, and when CB3 went out with the hammy, it allowed D Mac to hook up on a long TD to Anthony Armstrong.

What's surprising about the Pack is it makes you wonder WHY are so many of those guys going down?? It's possible McCarthy worked his troops too hard in the offseason and he's reaping the success of a brutal TC.

It's abnormal IMO for that many guys to go down this early in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
              I'd show happiness if Jared Allen got hurt, so I don't see the problem.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                What's surprising about the Pack is it makes you wonder WHY are so many of those guys going down?? It's possible McCarthy worked his troops too hard in the offseason and he's reaping the success of a brutal TC.

It's not the coaches fault, or the trainer, the strength & conditioning guy either.
                It is simply a lot of bad luck.

There's tons of luck involved in the NFL.

Just compare Michael Irvin and Sterling Sharpe once.
                They both had career ending neck injuries, both were drafted in 88... but Sharpe's injury came in 94, and I think Irvin's in 99 or 2000.

Reverse those, and let's see what history says about each guy, and the Packers and Cowboys final results in 94, 95, and beyond.

Bad luck. Not the fault of anyone.

Comment

Wrong, someone just forgot to turn injuries off before the season began.

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                    It's not the coaches fault, or the trainer, the strength & conditioning guy either.
                    It is simply a lot of bad luck.

There's tons of luck involved in the NFL.

Just compare Michael Irvin and Sterling Sharpe once.
                    They both had career ending neck injuries, both were drafted in 88... but Sharpe's injury came in 94, and I think Irvin's in 99 or 2000.

Reverse those, and let's see what history says about each guy, and the Packers and Cowboys final results in 94, 95, and beyond.

Bad luck. Not the fault of anyone.
                    but it just seems like there are a lot of injuries especially on the packers defense every year

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                      No worries man, you were already crowned so these injuries don't even matter. Didn't you hear you already got your rings?
                      Is this your way of getting Green Bay back from being 2009 paper champs?

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                      I'm not pulling out the pom-poms but I don't give a damn about another team's injuries and how much they contribute to the game's final outcome.

Injured or not, the team that scores the most points gets the 'W'. And no team forfeits a game in the NFL because of injuries.

Everyone in FedEx knew GB was beat up, and when CB3 went out with the hammy, it allowed D Mac to hook up on a long TD to Anthony Armstrong.

Yup, it's the coaches's fault. You totally pegged it.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                        but it just seems like there are a lot of injuries especially on the packers defense every year
                        It sure does. 2007 was the exception, and of course we went 13-3 that year.
                        The interesting thing to me is that when we got Charles Woodson in 2006, he had been very injury-prone in Oakland and had missed a lot of games.

Since becoming a Packer, he's been very durable for 4 years. Banged up but plays. But everyone else gets hurt.

Comment

guys like Barnett are just always hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                            Wrong, someone just forgot to turn injuries off before the season began.
                            All we gotta do is go to options.....
                            RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

I currently would put my money on the Vikings to win the NFC. The Williams never even got suspended so I suspect Farve won't either.
                              Even as I read this ESPN was ranting about the Vikes pushing the scary panic button.

Purple People Eaters, that one I remember, but Grape Apes? lmao, good one. After watching them against the Jets, Favre has given Dallas new hope when they have to travel to the Cold Blue North.

Favre's cumulative effups per game offsets Dallas' 12 penalties per game avg :D

think about it.......
                              Last edited by LizardState; 10-12-2010, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                                Really? So you had someone other than those 4 teams in your NFC Championship prediction? Chicago and Atlanta right?

I could see Atlanta taking the NFCS from NO as that division always changes from year to year, and Atlanta played them tough both games last year, plus the Super Bowl hangover.

But I didn't see anyone in here, or any national publication picking Atlanta or Chicago to even make the NFCCG.

I did see a lot of picks of San Fran to win their division (my hand is up), and they are one of 3 current teams without a win.
                                I really liked Atlanta going into the year. Chicago...not so much. I liked Green Bay as well but injuries have really stung them.

The rest of it is common sense. I don't pretend to be psychic...the Cowboys always disappoint and the Saints are the defending Super Bowl champs. I don't think the Saints even know why they're struggling...it just happens. It's very difficult to maintain success in the NFL.

I'm not trying to troll you or anyone else but it's a huge pet peeve of mine that some people in the media try to make the NFL into the NBA where a handful of teams and players suck up all the attention and discussion. The league just doesn't work that way - parity is the name of the game.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information