No announcement yet.

NFC Big 4 (NO, Min, GB, Dal)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not an injury card. Darren Sharper, Tracy Porter, Jabari Greer, and Roman Harper cause a lot of turnovers. Malcolm Jenkins, Usama Young, Randall ***, and Patrick Robinson don't.

It's really that simple, it's not an excuse, it is what it is. If Chris Johnson goes down and the Titans can't get as much out of their running game, we won't be saying that they were lucky to run the ball well, or that someone is using the "injury card".

You guys are so used to people making excuses that you can't see logic. The Saints aren't going to force as many turnovers with all 4 starters missing some time, and 3/4 being out for a majority of it.

That's not even getting into the other things like the offense playing like garbage, but you obviously can't make as many plays with your playmakers missing, I don't see what is so difficult to grasp about that.
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• :/

Saints-Tigers you keep thinking in extremes. What they are saying is that the reason the Saints got so many turnovers was a combination of quality player and very good luck. Unfortunately "luck" is not something that is sustainable and transferable from year to year(or at least no usually). This year the reason for the Saints decline in turnover is a combination of injuries to the Saints players as well as not getting some of the same bounces(luck) that they were getting last year.

Comment

• You guys act like we had some unfounded amount of TOs last year. We were 3rd in INTs and 12th in fumble recoveries. Was every team above us lucky as well?

J-Mike is going to admit that the Packers were REALLY lucky then? They forced more turnovers than we did.
        Last edited by Saints-Tigers; 10-30-2010, 12:20 PM.
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Yes, they were really lucky last year too. You act like somebody slapped your mother or something, you are ****** freaking out about somebody saying turnovers are a lot of luck. It is a combination of the two, as I specifically said many many many times, but you keep ignoring the fact that I said both things are factors.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• There are some players such as Asante Samuel and Ed Reed who are capable of generating interceptions on a regular basis by doing things such as jumping routes.

On the other hand, there are players such as Darren Sharper who are in basicaly the right place at the right time during the course of one season and typically don't repeat their amazing string of interceptions the next year.

The Saints generated a ton of turnovers last year because alot of them happened when Saints defenders were in the "right place at the right time". A ball was knocked loose and Saints fell on it. Sharper was playing deep and snagged a floater and ran it back for a touchdown. Etc, etc. This kind of stuff makes for a magic Super Bowl season, but you can't rely on it to happen year after year.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
              Yes, they were really lucky last year too. You act like somebody slapped your mother or something, you are ****** freaking out about somebody saying turnovers are a lot of luck. It is a combination of the two, as I specifically said many many many times, but you keep ignoring the fact that I said both things are factors.

K so everyone is lucky. I guess that makes you feel better when your team loses because Favre chucks it down field, and PEterson can't wrap the ball up. But hey, you get moral victories when you lose because luck didn't want you to win haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
                There are some players such as Asante Samuel and Ed Reed who are capable of generating interceptions on a regular basis by doing things such as jumping routes.

On the other hand, there are players such as Darren Sharper who are in basicaly the right place at the right time during the course of one season and typically don't repeat their amazing string of interceptions the next year.

The Saints generated a ton of turnovers last year because alot of them happened when Saints defenders were in the "right place at the right time". A ball was knocked loose and Saints fell on it. Sharper was playing deep and snagged a floater and ran it back for a touchdown. Etc, etc. This kind of stuff makes for a magic Super Bowl season, but you can't rely on it to happen year after year.
                You mean the guy who is 6th all time in picks, has had 9 picks 3 times? The guy that has led the league in interception return yards 3 times, and is 2nd all time in return yards? The same guy that has the 2nd most INT TDs of all time?

Lady luck has been shining on Darren Sharper for a long long time, hahahaa. Don't quit your day job.

Comment

• Look at the shape of a football once its fumbled tell me which direction its going? You can't and ending up with a football once its on the ground has some luck involved with it. Luck doesn't have anything to do with it ending up on the ground but I thought id just say that.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                    Look at the shape of a football once its fumbled tell me which direction its going? You can't and ending up with a football once its on the ground has some luck involved with it. Luck doesn't have anything to do with it ending up on the ground but I thought id just say that.
                    No doubt, you can't predict where the ball is going. We didn't really get an inordinate amount of fumble recoveries though. We were 12th last year, and we're 15th now. We got 3 fumbles in the NFC title game, but that's because we knocked out 6.

Anyway, the whole point of this topic that got totally veered off by whiners like prock, the Saints aren't even losing because of turnovers or defense, we're losing because our offense is sucking ass, and our special teams is no better.

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                      Look at the shape of a football once its fumbled tell me which direction its going? You can't and ending up with a football once its on the ground has some luck involved with it. Luck doesn't have anything to do with it ending up on the ground but I thought id just say that.
                      But, as you said luck will have zero to do with a turnover if the player carrying the ball doesn't fumble. Meaning it has very little to do with luck. Turnovers are created by good defense, poor offense, or a combination of both. Not luck.
                      (shameless self-promotion)
                      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                        Just want to throw this ridiculous stat out there:

NFC North QBs are on pace to throw 83 interceptions, 20.75 each
                        Isn't that the conference where they can't protect their QBs? GB gave up the most sacks last yr, Chicago is neart the top this yr. & Loadholt is a holding flag magnet for the Vikes.

Those facts might be related.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                          Brett Favre is an INT machine, Tracy Porter jumped a route. Tracy Porter also jumped a route that Peyton MAnning routinely throws. Was it luck that Peyton didn't go deep and threw the slant? I guess you can call it that.
                          We are talking about 2009, not 2010. Favre had 7 INTs all year. I hope you understand that I'm not trying to take any credit away from the Saints. They executed their defense very well and took advantage of every opportunity they were given. I'm just saying that it was unlikely that so many offenses gave them chances to take the football away just when they needed it to win a close game. The Packers this year have recievers that will get tackled 20 times in very similar ways but they only drop the football when the game is tied in the 4th quarter. Stuff like that benefitted the Saints last year more than I would expect, and sometimes it it just comes down to the way the ball bounces. Most other teams wouldn't have capitalized as well as the Saints did, but they also didn't get the chance to prove so.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                            Isn't that the conference where they can't protect their QBs? GB gave up the most sacks last yr, Chicago is neart the top this yr. & Loadholt is a holding flag magnet for the Vikes.

Those facts might be related.
                            It's particularly astounding with Brent and Rodgers throwing a combined 14 INTs last year. This year they have 19 through less than half games. I don't think anyone is surprised by the Lions and Cutler, but I did not see that coming.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

It's particularly astounding with Brent and Rodgers throwing a combined 14 INTs last year. This year they have 19 through less than half games. I don't think anyone is surprised by the Lions and Cutler, but I did not see that coming.
                              I think Interceptions as a whole in this league are way up this season. This league is becoming so pass happy, that teams are putting it up in the air more and more, and as a result there's more opportunities for Defenses to make plays on the ball.

Comment

I actually got ripped in a thread last year for saying I wouldn't surprised if any of the 4 QBs in the NFC North lead the league in INTs because Favre only threw 7 so he OBVIOUSLY turned his habits around and Rodgerzz is teh sexorszzz.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information