No announcement yet.

Some 1st Quarter of the Season Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Chiefs write-up! Good to see something nice being said after a loss. :)

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
      I didn't realize it was possible to shoot yourself in the foot as often as the team has.
      The 49ers have shot off every toe off their foot and every finger off their hand.
      Last edited by hawkeye123; 10-11-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Eli Manning didn't break out until the playoffs of his third year starting.

Ben Roethliberger took until his fourth year to become a franchise QB. In fact he was awful in his third year and people had doubts he would ever develop beyond being just a game-manager.

Philip Rivers took until his third year starting, fifth in the league to become an elite passer. He struggled with reading defenses and pocket presence.

It takes time to develop into an elite QB. Sometimes two years, sometimes four.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
          I'd say they've come back to earth because they have the worst pass defense in the league. Their safeties can't cover and Kareem Jackson has been embarrassingly bad. It was unreal how open Nicks (and Roy Williams 2 weeks ago) were.
          with Mario less than 100% of course their pass D is gonna suffer. QB's have more time to throw without #90 in their face.

Originally posted by V-I-P View Post

Alphonso Smith has been lights out, guess all he needed was a change of scenery.
          it's just plain insane to cut a guy just a year after drafting him. I don't care how bad he looked (I don't know how he looked) but you don't cut a guy you drafted that high that fast.

Originally posted by vidae View Post
          Great Chiefs write-up! Good to see something nice being said after a loss. :)
          at the colts, in a game the colts absolutely had to win, and they kept it competitive. If anything I've gained respect for the chiefs after this one.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

To be fair, sometimes getting cut is what it takes for a player to realize that he needs to work his butt off to succeed. Sometimes it is the shock that they need to turn it around.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              To be fair, sometimes getting cut is what it takes for a player to realize that he needs to work his butt off to succeed. Sometimes it is the shock that they need to turn it around.
              I get that, but that doesn't change the fact that it's completely insane to cut a guy you drafted with your first pick after ONE season.

I agree it might be exactly what Smith needed to get his act together, but the fact they've cut him that fast boggles the mind.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                John Fox needs to take a year off from football, relax his brain, then become the next Giants head coach when Coughlin retires.

I can't wait to see what Fox can do as a coach with the kind of talent the Giants have on defense, and franchise qb on offense.

Fox can only overachieve with the Panthers for so long. He'd turn his career around with the Giants.
                You can have him.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                  i don't really agree. the red zone offense is still horrific. orton isn't really throwing that well, outside of his league-leading number of attempts.
                  Orton is completing 66% of his passes at 8.1ypa with absolutely no run game and a leaking o-line that consists of three veterans below 100% health and two rookies. He is 8-3 TD:INT and also throwing the ball downfield as much as anyone not named Rivers. You are being way too harsh on him NJX - he is throwing the ball very well, and making good decisions (something his predecessor never could do).

But yes, most of everything else you have been saying is pretty accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    sorry, i didn't mean it to come off like he's not playing well, but most of his numbers aren't *as* good, when you take into account the number of passes (i.e. leading the league in yards). i just think people are getting carried away with the totals.
                    I agree, which is why I didnt post his yardage totals. The other numbers apart from TD totals are all still very good though, and I think we can agree the abortion of a run game is somewhat of a contributing factor to the red zone troubles (in addition to requiring the TE to stay at home and help patch up the o-line).

Comment

Bears defense is underrated. Peppers has been a beast.

Comment

I would like the Bears if they could keep Jay Cutler alive. But with Green Bay's injuries and Minnesota's slow start they definitely have a great shot right now.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                          Bears defense is underrated. Peppers has been a beast.
                          Just the way the schedule is playing out I could see 11 wins and a first round exit by the Bears. AKA worst thing that could happen, Lovie keeps his job and a poor draft pick.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Brandon Flowers >
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                              Tamba Hali is a beast, dude had a busted lip and was bleeding all over the place and still in Peyton's face play after play.

Comment

Agreed on Hali. What a monster. Every time I watch the Chiefs this guy is blowing up offensive linemen. KC has quietly built a sexy defense at all levels....and just wait till Berry gets it all together.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information