• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the resurgence of LDT?
    Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
      i'm seriously curious. why do you think he's an offensive genius?
      Well he has made Brandon Lloyd and Kyle Orten look good

Comment

-Revis clearly isn't back from that hammy injury

-Favre's elbow is bothering him, he missed on several throws he easily makes in the past

-Moss isn't as fast as I thought he was. He's on his last leg

-Jared Allen has now been owned badly by both Jake Long and DBrick. He's had a mediocre season through 4 games.

-The entire Vikings dline is underperforming. Pat looks like he has little left in the tank and can only play 2 snaps in a row max. Allen hasn't been doing well. Kevin is still doing his thing though. Watch out for Fred Evans. I hope he leaves in FA so the Giants can pick him up.

-Trade Moss then trade for Branch? Wtf? I get trading Moss, you want to move on, but Branch? What does that accomplish?

-Vincent Jackson's only chance of playing now is Seattle.

-With GB's injuries and Minny's age showing, it's very possible that Chicago could win the division

-I would have never predicted LDT to turn his career around the way he did. It's unreal.

Im adding those thoughts in.

Comment

Jared Allen hasn't been playing with his normal non stop motor.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
            this is totally where i disagree with yfs. if you continuously call the same worthless draw play that works, at best, one out of every 60 times in the nfl (for any team), it's no longer about the players not making plays. it's about the coach not having any idea how to call plays.

*shrug*

we'll see at the end of the season.
            Check out the 82 Skins America's Game. The one with Theisman, I believe that was 82 or 83.

Anyway, in a playoff game vs the Cowboys, they called a simple run play called 43 gut literally 10 plays in a row.

In another game I believe vs Minnesota, they called 43 gut and 52 gut the entire game. 2 plays.

Sometimes you just impose your will on guys. Every team has predictable plays especially in the run game bc the run game is simple, it's your guys imposing their will on their guys thats all it is. In fact, I'm going to make a new thread that Banning made in our Giants team discussion that I think you'll appreciate. Check it out.

Comment

I'll say this... I have to suspect LDT of using performance enhancing drugs, perhaps HGH. His burst is substantial, and the Jets OLine and such isn't THAT much better than the Chargers. There is no reason for it to happen naturally. I'm sure there is a spite factor and all, but it looks to me like LDT is back, but I can't give him full credit at this juncture.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                I'll say this... I have to suspect LDT of using performance enhancing drugs, perhaps HGH. His burst is substantial, and the Jets OLine and such isn't THAT much better than the Chargers. There is no reason for it to happen naturally. I'm sure there is a spite factor and all, but it looks to me like LDT is back, but I can't give him full credit at this juncture.
                That's definitely an interesting point. Now he claims he got his burst back through training and losing weight, but he doesn't look any slimmer to me.

I hope that's not the case, but it would not surprise me. Ive had the same suspicions of Ray Lewis.

Comment

He lost a ton of weight this offseason and you can tell he looks considerably smaller than he did in SD. His last year there he was playing around 230, in training camp he checked in at 212. Not saying it's out of the question (because nothing is these days), but that probably has a lot to do with him getting his burst back.

Comment

Unlike steroids, HGH doesn't help you build muscle mass so much as make you leaner and help you recover from injury quicker. I began to notice guys who'd been soft and pudgy for years showing up at training camp 20 pounds lighter and looking ripped. And then there were guys who usually ached all year long -- they had gimpy knees or bad shoulders -- who weren't showing any pain.
                    This is from NFL Player X, the Insider series on ESPN.com. I haven't looked directly at LDT's body, but the way he's playing, HGH is certainly possible.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

We love watching men who all weigh substantially more than normal people do play football, and they are getting bigger and faster by the year. I would be shocked if any of them weren't on steroids. I don't care at all.

Comment

I never said I cared. I just said I suspected that he was on some sort of substance. His rebound cannot be explained based on training alone.

Comment

Yeah I honestly suspect at least half the league is on HGH or steroids. Thats why I never really cared all that much when guys get caught.

No one wants to bring up how Reggie White's death had suspicious symptoms of a steroid/hgh user.

And he was the "minister" so I wouldn't be shocked if anyone and everyone was on it.

Comment

Sure it could. He was oft-injured his last few years in San Diego. Thomas Jones saw a similar uptick in production when he went to the Jets, even though he was aging. Unless he was on HGH as well, which is a possibility I suppose.

Comment

*cough* Ray Lewis *cough*

Comment

the way the league looks right now, I'm not believing anyone isn't on some kind of drugs.

As for LDT, I don't know, the O-line of the chargers wasn't as good as it used to be in the past, teams tended to gameplan specifically against him, Rivers' role in the team was increasing at the same time. With the Jets, he's coming back from a low point, so nobody really was expecting him to do as well. Lost some weight, not an insane amount...

Like I said I'm one of those guys who would believe that pre-Jets LDT would have been on SOMETHING. I just think the situation is helping him more than you imagine.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information