Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deion Branch to New England for a 4th. (Schefter)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
    Do the Patriots have the shortest WR's in the league right now? I don't think Branch, Welker or Edelmen break 5'9".
    Back in the Patriots heyday the only WR 6 feet or taller was Givens...

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
      Do the Patriots have the shortest WR's in the league right now? I don't think Branch, Welker or Edelmen break 5'9".
      Brandon Tatezzzzzzz. He's like 6'1 I think.

Comment

Meanwhile the St. Louis Rams promoted injury prone, overrated Danario Alexander to the active roster. They now have Brandon Gibson, Danny Amendola, Mardy Gilyard, Laurent Robinson and Danario Alexander.

And they could have gotten Branch for a 4th?

What. The. EFF. St. Louis.

KILL ME.

Great move NE!
        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
          Meanwhile the St. Louis Rams promoted injury prone, overrated Danario Alexander to the active roster. They now have Brandon Gibson, Danny Amendola, Mardy Gilyard, Laurent Robinson and Danario Alexander.

KILL ME.

Great move NE!
          Deion Branch is not worth a 4th round selection at this point in his career. The guy has never had 1,000 yards receiving in a season or 6 TDs in a season. Look, a 4th round pick honestly isn't that much to give for near anyone, but I just wonder if this was a move NE had to make.

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post

KILL ME.

Great move NE!
            The Rams need to keep as many draft picks as they can for the future not ship them away for average, 31 year old wrs.

The Seahawks probably jumped at the idea of a 4th for Branch. I guess that the Pats just have extra picks and they brought in a guy that Brady really wanted.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
              Wow. Swapping 7th rounders in 2050 would have been too much for this guy.

This is insane. Why? A washed up, never was that somehow got us a 1st rounder... I really don't understand why we gave up anything for him. We should have just found a fast guy in the parking lot...

You mean like Price who we got this year or Tate? Stupid trade.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

More of the point I was making is that they're actually people on the market that can be at least negotiated about. But we chose to go with Danario. This is going to have me hot for awhile.
                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Seattle fans, do I pick up Golden Tate or Mike Williams?

Comment

Stupid trade by the Pats
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Seattle fans, do I pick up Golden Tate or Mike Williams?
                      Tough call.

Tate will be getting more reps now, but Deon Butler has actually moved into Branch's starting spot in practice. Tate also returns punts, so that's a plus.

Williams should get more passes thrown his way as well, but who knows, maybe Hass continues to ignore him.

I'd go with Tate right now, just because Hass sucks, so Tate's punt return yards might be the difference.
                      "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                        So how much does the Branch trade kill Tate's value? I'm officially pissed.

What do you guys think of a BenJarvus Green-Ellis + Brandon Tate for Darren McFadden and Steve Breaston trade?

Or Green-Ellis and Tate for Roddy White and CJ Spiller or Mike Tolbert? I may be able to pull it off.

My only other runningbacks are Michael Turner and Ryan Torain.
                        From the fantasy help thread.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          From the fantasy help thread.
                          I have Spiller rotting on my bench. He's killing me.

I have Spiller and Sidney Rice rotting away. I'm hoping they turn out to be late season heroes for me, but part of me wants to cut them.

I'm winning right now, but my team is clearly middle of the pack in terms of total points scored.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            I have Spiller rotting on my bench. He's killing me.

I have Spiller and Sidney Rice rotting away. I'm hoping they turn out to be late season heroes for me, but part of me wants to cut them.

I'm winning right now, but my team is clearly middle of the pack in terms of total points scored.
                            Yeah, I had CJ earlier this year too and ended up trading him away. He's bounced to another team now, and I could trade back for him.

Problem that I have is both NE and Buf both have excruciating schedules. And Megatron's status is up in the air and that makes me panick-y.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              Yeah, I had CJ earlier this year too and ended up trading him away. He's bounced to another team now, and I could trade back for him.

Problem that I have is both NE and Buf both have excruciating schedules. And Megatron's status is up in the air and that makes me panick-y.
                              I picked up Woodhead off waivers. I think he'll get more quality snaps ie catches out of the backfield than Green Ellis.

I have McCluster too. I'm waiting for all of these guys to "break out" and its killing my bench.

But if 2 of the 3 can pan out, I'm eying that trophy. Aaron Hernandez was a nice pickup by me too.

Comment

Who do you think has more value going forward Tolbert or Spiller?

And how do you think Torain will do the rest of the season? I'm banking on Burner Turner churning out huge numbers down the stretch, the run defenses Atlanta plays in the last half of the season are pattycakes.

Torain and The Law Firm perplex me. I feel like I need to be proactive and move one for another WR and backup RB.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information