Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deion Branch to New England for a 4th. (Schefter)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    Who do you think has more value going forward Tolbert or Spiller?

And how do you think Torain will do the rest of the season? I'm banking on Burner Turner churning out huge numbers down the stretch, the run defenses Atlanta plays in the last half of the season are pattycakes.

Torain and The Law Firm perplex me. I feel like I need to be proactive and move one for another WR and backup RB.
    I have Torain in one of my leagues. I'm keeping him.

I think Ryan Mathews (who i have in the other league) will slowly phase Tolbert out as the season goes along.

Spiller I have no idea. If he's worth anything, it will be the final 6 games of the season.

I'm trying to find some waiver wire magic at WR. I qued up Tate and Mike Williams (Seattle) and i'll see if either pan out.

I have Bess and Woodhead on the bench, and McCluster and Spiller and Sidney Rice.

I need 2 or 3 of em to turn it up for me to have a chance at the championship. Aaron Hernandez and Finley make a nice 2 TE set for me moving forward.

I desperately need a qb though, Matt Ryan is killing me. AP and Ryan Mathews hopefully holds down the RB spot for me.

Comment

About time we unloaded that scrub. Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        I have Torain in one of my leagues. I'm keeping him.

I think Ryan Mathews (who i have in the other league) will slowly phase Tolbert out as the season goes along.

Spiller I have no idea. If he's worth anything, it will be the final 6 games of the season.

I'm trying to find some waiver wire magic at WR. I qued up Tate and Mike Williams (Seattle) and i'll see if either pan out.

I have Bess and Woodhead on the bench, and McCluster and Spiller and Sidney Rice.

I need 2 or 3 of em to turn it up for me to have a chance at the championship. Aaron Hernandez and Finley make a nice 2 TE set for me moving forward.

I desperately need a qb though, Matt Ryan is killing me. AP and Ryan Mathews hopefully holds down the RB spot for me.
        Yeah, Matt Ryan just doesn't get it done from a fantasy perspective, especially on the road.

And yeah, Matthews will get more work now that he's healthy again. I really just need a RB to fill in for week 8 and 9, when Turner and Torain have their byes. Maybe Tolbert can vulture a TD or two in the redzone.

With GB injury madness, I'm happy about the trade I made after week two. Aaron Rodgers, Jermichael Finley, Jabar Gaffney and CJ Spiller for Michael Turner, Megatron, Zach Miller, and JOSH FREEMANZZZZZ.

Now I just need Vick to get healthy again. Freeman's doing great holding the fort for me while I wait.

Comment

Its alarming to me that Randy Moss can be had for a 3rd, but Deion Branch costs a 4th. That isn't a big differential in value but there is a huge difference in the level of talent and production those two receivers bring.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Yeah, Matt Ryan just doesn't get it done from a fantasy perspective, especially on the road.

And yeah, Matthews will get more work now that he's healthy again. I really just need a RB to fill in for week 8 and 9, when Turner and Torain have their byes. Maybe Tolbert can vulture a TD or two in the redzone.

With GB injury madness, I'm happy about the trade I made after week two. Aaron Rodgers, Jermichael Finley, Jabar Gaffney and CJ Spiller for Michael Turner, Megatron, Zach Miller, and JOSH FREEMANZZZZZ.

Now I just need Vick to get healthy again. Freeman's doing great holding the fort for me while I wait.
            Yeah I gotta hope Finley comes back in 3 weeks or else im in trouble.

Do you think I should package Matt Ryan and Malcolm Floyd for a star qb?

Comment

Yeah I gotta hope Finley comes back in 3 weeks or else im in trouble.

Do you think I should package Matt Ryan and Malcolm Floyd for a star qb?
              Who are your other receivers?

We should also really move/copy/start a fantasy advice thread in the NFL section. It'd get so much more traffic. What do you think mods?

Comment

Who are your other receivers?

We should also really move/copy/start a new fantasy advice thread in the NFL section. It'd get so much more traffic. What do you think mods?
                Steve Smith (NYG)
                Davone Bess
                Malcolm Floyd
                Dexter McCluster
                Sidney Rice

And potentially Mike Williams and Golden Tate.

Do I move 1 + Ryan for another qb? And who?

Comment

Steve Smith (NYG)
                  Davone Bess
                  Malcolm Floyd
                  Dexter McCluster
                  Sidney Rice

And potentially Mike Williams and Golden Tate.

Do I move 1 + Ryan for another qb? And who?
                  Williams is a guaranteed starter, Tate is battling Deon Butler.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    Its alarming to me that Randy Moss can be had for a 3rd, but Deion Branch costs a 4th. That isn't a big differential in value but there is a huge difference in the level of talent and production those two receivers bring.
                    So, so disturbing. The only real solace will hinge on a great season by NE & a (continued) flop by Minnesota. At least then it might be a 60 pick difference rather than 30.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Also, Pats fans, what do you guys think Tate's ceiling and floor are in terms of numbers?

I could see him posting Desean Jackson-like numbers or just being another guy that gets lost in a shuffle of Pats WRs circa 03-07.

Ugh. I'm perplexed.

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
                        Do the Patriots have the shortest WR's in the league right now? I don't think Branch, Welker or Edelmen break 5'9".
                        It's not the size of the gun that counts, but the damage it does.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                          It's not the size of the gun that counts, but the damage it does.

VS

I wonder?

Comment

Also, Pats fans, what do you guys think Tate's ceiling and floor are in terms of numbers?

I could see him posting Desean Jackson-like numbers or just being another guy that gets lost in a shuffle of Pats WRs circa 03-07.

Ugh. I'm perplexed.
                            that's the goal. I highly doubt Branch does much if anything at all
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

He is 31. That is too old to give up much for a player who has been terrible for years and was never great to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
                                He is 31. That is too old to give up much for a player who has been terrible for years and was never great to begin with.
                                Reasons why a 7th round swap is too much:
                                He's 31.
                                He's constantly injured.
                                He's a #2 or #3 on most teams.
                                Has he ever produced?

Reasons why this was a good deal:
                                It makes Tom Brady happy.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information