Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deion Branch to New England for a 4th. (Schefter)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Randy Moss is worth a 3rd round pick and Branch is worth a 4th... ok?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

This is a draft site and so it is understandable that many people get very hung up on the worth of draft picks, comparing value of deals, who wins, etc., etc.

Simple fact is that the Patriots have picks out their wazoo, and they have an immediate need. Their offense gets people open and they have a QB that can get it to an open guy. They require a player that knows where to run in that offense. It is a similar offense to the one Denver has that is this year making Jabar Gaffney look a lot better than anyone gives him credit for - because he knows where to run. Branch knows where to run, which makes him a valuable acquisition to the Pats right now. He isnt a long term answer, or necessarily going to produce what he needs to if you are comparing guys traded for similar picks - but he is worth a 4th round pick to the Pats right now, even if he wouldnt be too any other team in the league. He may have nothing left, but IMO it is an acceptable risk because of the position they are currently in.

Comment

You guys are underestimating how much more of the ball Spiller's going to see with Lynch out of the way. Him and Freddie is a good combo that'll keep him fresh for those long TDs and returns, but still give him enough carries to help you out. BJGE and Tate for Spiller and Roddy White is a steal that may be closer to breaking even these next few weeks, but down the stretch makes you a lot better.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
          From the fantasy help thread.
          Count me as another person who picked up Tate thinking I got a steal.

I think they could rotate Tate and Branch out, but we'll have to see first. I'll be sitting Tate this week, no doubt.
          Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
            You guys are underestimating how much more of the ball Spiller's going to see with Lynch out of the way. Him and Freddie is a good combo that'll keep him fresh for those long TDs and returns, but still give him enough carries to help you out. BJGE and Tate for Spiller and Roddy White is a steal that may be closer to breaking even these next few weeks, but down the stretch makes you a lot better.
            Buffalo's schedule is ridiculously brutal though. And the weeks I'd need him (8 and 9) he plays KC and Chicago. The trade didn't go down anyways.

Comment

Should have traded for Vincent Jackson or DeAngelo Williams with all those picks they had. Deion Branch isn't the same player he used to be because of all his knee surgeries.

Comment

Seahawks traded Branch for Marshawn Lynch

Comment

And the Pats traded Moss and a 4th for Branch and 3rd.

Trading up one round is definitely not worth the drop off from Moss to Branch. That's why I don't buy this whole Moss is a perfect teammate thing.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                    Count me as another person who picked up Tate thinking I got a steal.

I think they could rotate Tate and Branch out, but we'll have to see first. I'll be sitting Tate this week, no doubt.
                    I'm sitting Tate as well, but I'm definitely gonna hold him for a few weeks and see what role he plays in the offense. No way im dropping a receiver that could end up startingmfor the Pats offense.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

It's a solid pick-up. They needed to trade Moss, and then they needed a veteran receiver who could integrate into the offense quickly. Branch has been decent this year, and his injuries won't affect what he does within the Pats' offense. He reads the coverage and finds pockets to sit in. He's a chains mover. He's also a favorite of Brady's.

Jackson is not someone that would fit with the Patriots. They could still trade for Williams if they want to. Not like they don't have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds...

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information