No announcement yet.

Game Planning and Play calling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought this was interesting for all the Madden play callers we have on here.

Chris from Jacksonville
    As a Notre Dame fan, I complained about Charlie Weis' play-calling and lack of commitment to a balanced offensive attack. I never thought I'd see the day when Weis had an offense that ran the ball 40 times. Do coaches really change that much or is it entirely the personnel that sets the game plan?
    Vic: Stunning, isn’t it? These coaches know football inside and out. They can give you any kind of offense or defense you want. I’ll never forget a late-season game in San Diego, which was piling up points under Don Coryell and Dan Fouts. Tom Moore was the offensive coordinator of a Steelers team that loved to run the traps and dominate time of possession. For this game, Chuck Noll told Moore to “give me one of those offenses,” meaning high-tempo, throw-it-around stuff, like the Chargers. That’s what Moore did for this game. The Steelers moved it up and down the field. The more they scored, the more San Diego scored. Final score, San Diego 54, Steelers 44. After the game, we asked Noll how he liked his new, high-tempo offense. “Never again,” he said. Weis, like Moore, can give you any kind of offense you want. Todd Haley said, “Run it.” That’s what Weis did.
    http://jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=9419

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      Thought this was interesting for all the Madden play callers we have on here.

http://jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=9419
      Great blurb. That's the reality of the situation. You can take the time to create a game plan with your offensive coaches, and then implement that on your call sheet. You can even have a script laid out to open the game. However, if the HC wants to do something that's different than you have to do it. He may call a specific play on the call sheet or just say run the ball here, in which case if you were planning on throwing, you have to pick a running play.

I remember the OC used to get annoyed at times, when he would think ahead at the sequence of plays he wanted to call only for the HC to want him to do something else. It's annoying, but the HC is the boss. Gotta do what he wants.

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information