No announcement yet.

Great article about the behind the scenes of an NFL Agent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key Johnson not accepting the money but when he got to the NFL man was he crazzzy.

Comment

Nothing's gonna happen with Kiper. Whether you like him or not, he's the face of the NFL Draft. ESPN "looking into it" basically means, "Looking into it and then swiftly sweeping it under the rug." Guy's been there forever and is pretty valuable to them come offseason.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I'd rather be an agent than a scout. And a superagent instead of a GM.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
          Nothing's gonna happen with Kiper. Whether you like him or not, he's the face of the NFL Draft. ESPN "looking into it" basically means, "Looking into it and then swiftly sweeping it under the rug." Guy's been there forever and is pretty valuable to them come offseason.
          I agree. But you never know with corporate sometimes.

Anyone here ever hear of Fred Edelstein?
          Jimmy the Greek?

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            Really? Being an agent is basically like salesman...something I just can't do. I worked for my school's phonathon for one day, had nightmares, and quit the next day.

The money may not be as good but I'd much rather be a scout.

Comment

Agreed on the first but not the second. I just couldn't pass up the chance to actually GM a team and try and see what I could build.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                Agreed on the first but not the second. I just couldn't pass up the chance to actually GM a team and try and see what I could build.
                I think being GM would be a much better and more enjoying job than being a superagent. But I think the path to being a superagent would be much, much more enjoyable than the path to being a GM.

Let's face it, though, Mel Kiper has the best job in the business. He's paid handsomely, he's his own brand, he pretty much works for himself, and nobody really cares about his mistakes because people are more focused on the next year's draft.

Comment

I think being GM would be a much better and more enjoying job than being a superagent. But I think the path to being a superagent would be much, much more enjoyable than the path to being a GM.

Let's face it, though, Mel Kiper has the best job in the business. He's paid handsomely, he's his own brand, he pretty much works for himself, and nobody really cares about his mistakes because people are more focused on the next year's draft.
                  I'll agree with that first paragraph, as for Mel's job I wouldn't like it, all he can do is study players, he doesn't actually create anything or get to test his knowledge.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

I'd rather be a position coach.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Not surprised at all by all of this, though i love these kinda stories. Wish there was more of em similar to this one. But yeah, anyone who is shocked at the stuff that's said in the article is really naive. Every single program out there has people funneling money to their players. Agents, alumni, boosters, they're all paying kids. Texas is one of the cleanest programs out there, and a buddy of mine once hooked up with Jermichael Finley's ex girlfriend in Austin. She told him boosters would write checks in her name to cash and give to j-mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        I'd rather be a position coach.
                        You are a teacher after all.

BK

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                          Did you read the responses at the end? Kiper addresses it directly.

Definitely a good read, very interesting stuff.
                          He also has went on radio shows and stuff and showed his ratings and results for every client of Garys. They are all over the map, it doesn't appear any pattern.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

It's not like Kiper works for a team and was pushing these players anyway. In the end it didn't really matter to the fan if Kiper had one player ranked as the #3 LB instead of the #5 say.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              It's not like Kiper works for a team and was pushing these players anyway. In the end it didn't really matter to the fan if Kiper had one player ranked as the #3 LB instead of the #5 say.
                              Yeah, technically it doesn't matter if Kiper's rankings are completely ******, but ESPN has him there for the sole purpose of re-creating what teams do during draft day. If he's favoring certain players, he could very well have an effect on the way the draft plays out. There's plenty of stories out there from GMs that use mock-drafts to see where other teams might go in regards to their pick.

Comment

Kiper has absolutely ZERO influence/impact on what ANY of the 32 NFL Teams do with their draft picks. Nada.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information