No announcement yet.

Great article about the behind the scenes of an NFL Agent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good read, but obviously no way of telling what is true and what isn't.

He makes being a sports agent seem really unappealing, but I guess you have to realize he's trying to portray the job a certain way. It's not like he went in depth how all the money he's made has allowed his 8 year old daughter the luxury of an itouch. I'm not saying it's all fun, but there are certainly parts of the career that make it worthwhile (or else no body would do it :P).

I'd be interested in knowing how much of a financial risk his monthly payments were, like when he gave Kanavis McGhee 2,500 dollars did that set him back? I can't imaging having 2,500 dollars to spare and just essentially giving to a stranger.

Comment

I'd say the Kanavis McGhee deal did blow up in his face. He was pretty young at that time and i don't think he had much money. He did say he used money from his Bar Mitzvah.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
        Good read, but obviously no way of telling what is true and what isn't.

He makes being a sports agent seem really unappealing, but I guess you have to realize he's trying to portray the job a certain way. It's not like he went in depth how all the money he's made has allowed his 8 year old daughter the luxury of an itouch. I'm not saying it's all fun, but there are certainly parts of the career that make it worthwhile (or else no body would do it :P).

I'd be interested in knowing how much of a financial risk his monthly payments were, like when he gave Kanavis McGhee 2,500 dollars did that set him back? I can't imaging having 2,500 dollars to spare and just essentially giving to a stranger.
        He said he was making like 6 figures with his second partner...without giving guys money. Then his third job he was completely clean or so he made it sound and was still raking it in. But just shows that it is not easy being a sport agent that is why a lot fizzle out and there are only a few good ones, that we know by name.

Its much harder than being an agent for other jobs, since your client base is limited. Compared to say an agent for other things like all the actors, tv show host, musicians, reality tv stars, models, others.
        Last edited by brat316; 10-13-2010, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information