Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nike named NFL Uniform Supplier starting in 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Except this isn't college. Quite a few teams in the NFL have jerseys that have undergone minimal changes in over 5 decades. There's tradition there that makes it an entirely different deal that when Nike was the main funder of Oregon sports.

    What financial reason would Nike have to put in the work and pitch to NFL teams unless they were going to get money for it? Nike is just going to be using their factories in China and designing accessory apparel.

    Comment


    • #47
      I'm not sure about the NFL, but MLB has an official rule about the size of advertisements / patches of any kind on their uniforms/ jerseys. I doubt this becomes an issue.




      2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
        I'm not sure about the NFL, but MLB has an official rule about the size of advertisements / patches of any kind on their uniforms/ jerseys. I doubt this becomes an issue.
        You're telling me Goodell would turn down money if he thought advertising on jerseys would bring in revenue? There's just no way. The practice jerseys were just a start and eventually we'll see it more mainstream.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Im like 8 lbs away from having no belly fat at all, but the problem is, if i lose that weight, I'll look too skinny everywhere else.

          It's like once you hit the age of 25+, your body just stores fat in your gut and theres no way around it unless you workout 24/7 which I obviously don't do.


          And dieting is hard too. Sometimes you just want that chocolate eclair. Especially on a monday when the work week gives you a nice fresh kick in the balls, the last thing you're thinking about during lunch is your calories. You're just like **** it, i need this chocolate right about now.
          That's right.
          Chocolate is our friend.
          Chocolate will always be our friend.

          On the whole jersey thing, all I want is for them to go back to the old-school jerseys like in Earl Campbell's day and make the material TEAR-AWAYS, Rip-Aways, so the thugs who horse-collar ball carriers will end up with a handful of missed tackle, and not possible rip up a guy's knee.
          Last edited by J-Mike88; 10-13-2010, 10:33 AM.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
            That's right.
            Chocolate is our friend.
            Chocolate will always be our friend.

            On the whole jersey thing, all I want is for them to go back to the old-school jerseys like in Earl Campbell's day and make the material TEAR-AWAYS, Rip-Aways, so the thugs who horse-collar ball carriers will end up with a handful of missed tackle, and not possible rip up a guy's knee.
            Really? Really?

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              You're telling me Goodell would turn down money if he thought advertising on jerseys would bring in revenue? There's just no way. The practice jerseys were just a start and eventually we'll see it more mainstream.
              MLB official rule 1.11(h) No part of the uniform shall include patches or designs relating to commercial advertisements.

              I can't find a copy of the official playing rules for the NFL, but I am sure there is something that covers this, and a change would have to go before the rules committee.




              2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

              Comment


              • #52
                Yeah but CJ they can change that easy and the NFL is not MLB. If Goodell wants something like that changed in the rule book the NFL rules committee will change it.
                #Chop


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • #53
                  I'd be pumped to see a new Falcons jersey even though I like the ones they have now. I'm thinking all black jersey, white outlined half red, half black number scheme. **** would be fly.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    Yeah but CJ they can change that easy and the NFL is not MLB. If Goodell wants something like that changed in the rule book the NFL rules committee will change it.
                    Obviously it will be easier then somethings because if it generates revenue, no one will be opposed to it. However, let's say it becomes an issue with fans not buying jerseys, it will get the ax.
                    In the end, do I think we will see huge advertisements on Pro jerseys? No, I don't.




                    2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                      http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-nfl-jerseys/

                      And they plan to "dramatically" change NFL uniforms.....can it be long before we've got this going on in the NFL? :



                      I has a sad....anyone else absolutely dreading this?
                      No truth to the rumor yet that the Superbowl will be played in Autzen stadium starting in 2012. Bring your rain gear by the way. (and flack jackets)

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Sorry, are we talking about Nike's logo or other commercial advertisements?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
                          Wish I could get my hands on a DJACK Kelly Green jersey
                          Like the throwback ones? They sell them online:

                          http://store.philadelphiaeagles.com/...463757_PD.html


                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

                          Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                            Sorry, are we talking about Nike's logo or other commercial advertisements?
                            I expect to see a Nike logo. It's the other ones I don't expect to see.




                            2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                              I expect to see a Nike logo. It's the other ones I don't expect to see.
                              Okay. For those arguing that they do expect to see it, is there a precedent for putting commercial patches on college uniforms and if there is, is there any evidence that Nike was behind it?

                              The best part of the Nike logo is that it's simple, elegant, and effective even when it's small. As for bringing in advertisers, it's not like the NFL is hard-up for money.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Hell in my ASU dynasty I specifically select the uni's with the nike logo

                                Nike makes the best uniforms and this can only be a good thing

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information