Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nike named NFL Uniform Supplier starting in 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nike named NFL Uniform Supplier starting in 2012

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-nfl-jerseys/

    And they plan to "dramatically" change NFL uniforms.....can it be long before we've got this going on in the NFL? :



    I has a sad....anyone else absolutely dreading this?

  • #2
    The Giants won't let them change their uniform dramatically so I'm not worried about that.
    #Chop


    sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      The Giants won't let them change their uniform dramatically so I'm not worried about that.
      I pray the Bears don't either.

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't think anyone is going to let them make drastic changes. Only thing probably lighter material and belts and those new gurdels.

        Comment


        • #5

          Comment


          • #6
            Personally I can't wait. Nike has made some kick ass uni's for college football teams over the past few years. I don't know how much influence they'll actually be given in making home and away jerseys but I can promise you they'll make some sweet alternate unis.

            Comment


            • #7
              I hope they drastically change the Vikings uniforms.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm more worried about advertising on jerseys. I know it's the norm in Europe but I don't want it over here.
                #Chop


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  I'm more worried about advertising on jerseys. I know it's the norm in Europe but I don't want it over here.
                  Again, agreed. I have this horrible image in my head of every team sporting vibrantly colored jerseys covered in ads and it's making me sick.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think the advertising thing is going to happen within 5 years as long as Goodell is around.
                    #Chop


                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                      I don't think anyone is going to let them make drastic changes. Only thing probably lighter material and belts and those new gurdels.
                      Yeah, the biggest change will probably come in how they're manufactured as opposed to uniform design.

                      I absolutely think you'll see every team with a set of alternate unis, though, even if they're only used once a year. The NFL would love that extra revenue.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        Yeah, the biggest change will probably come in how they're manufactured as opposed to uniform design.

                        I absolutely think you'll see every team with a set of alternate unis, though, even if they're only used once a year. The NFL would love that extra revenue.
                        I refuse to buy any sort of alternate jersey. I only have an orange Urlacher jersey because my mom bought it for me for Xmas.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          I refuse to buy any sort of alternate jersey. I only have an orange Urlacher jersey because my mom bought it for me for Xmas.
                          Agreed. I hate alternate uniforms, and I hate almost every single "new" uniform teams have come out with in the past 10 years or so (Seattle, Buffalo, Atlanta, Denver, San Diego, Minnesota, St. Louis).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            Agreed. I hate alternate uniforms, and I hate almost every single "new" uniform teams have come out with in the past 10 years or so (Seattle, Buffalo, Atlanta, Denver, San Diego, Minnesota, St. Louis).
                            I do like Denver's new on a little better...same for the Bucs. I just didn't like the blinding orange or creamcicle. San Diego should also only rock the powder blues. St. Louis isn't that much different so I don't mind too much....Buffalo should return to their old color scheme too. Seattle's are pretty blegh.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                              Again, agreed. I have this horrible image in my head of every team sporting vibrantly colored jerseys covered in ads and it's making me sick.....
                              Steelers wore a Comcast/Xfinity ad on their Training Camp jerseys.

                              Hope it never finds its way onto the real jersey.

                              It would suck. Jerseys back where I'm from are completely covered in ads, check this out:


                              Carta Blanca - beer
                              Bancomer - bank
                              Bimbo - brand of bread
                              Coca Cola
                              Javer - house building company
                              LG


                              Cemex - cement
                              Carta Blanca
                              Coca Cola
                              Javer

                              Also, Kikin sucks.
                              Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn; 10-12-2010, 02:32 PM.

                              Props to clover_jeez!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information