Week 6 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    Anybody else feel like Baltimore is walking into a buzzsaw this week?
    [Thinks about it for a minute....remembers last year's wildcard round.....]

Nah. Might be a tough game, but a buzzsaw....I don't think so. Patriots are still really young and soft on D. As long as Cameron remembers to feed the Ray Rice machine and doesn't try and get too cute with the passing game to impress future head coach-seeking teams, they outta be alright.

Comment

I feel like Baltimore will be very much up for this game. Last year, they played NE tough, and the Pats pulled one out late. I don't see this as a letdown situation for them. The Ravens are a really good team. NE crushed Miami, but they did it with defensive and special teams TD's. It's not like the offense was that dominant. The Ravens D is much better than the Dolphins D. The Ravens rushing O is good, just like the Dolphins. I also think Flacco will have success.

Also keep in mind that Harbough is a former ST coordinator. He isn't going to overlook that phase of the game ever, especially not after NE's dominating ST performance in Week 4. I think this will be a closely contested game. I think the Ravens have a shot to win, but it's hard to go against NE off a bye and at home.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        Anybody else feel like Baltimore is walking into a buzzsaw this week?
        I agree with you actually. I don't think the Pats are going to win, but I think it's going to be suuuuper tough game.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Brandon Tate will most likely get behind that secondary 5+ times but probably only 1 TD.
          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
          Coples is that dude.
          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
            Brandon Tate will most likely get behind that secondary 5+ times but probably only 1 TD.
            Really? 5+ times? I don't think there are more than 5 plays in an average NFL game where a single player gets behind the entire secondary. What makes you think that the Ravens, one of the better defenses in football, would allow a player who may or may not start and play all the snaps to get behind them 5+ times? Additionally, if Tate is behind that secondary 5+ times, you have to assume Brady will look his way. Given his accuracy and touch, how can you presume only 1 TD?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
              Really? 5+ times? I don't think there are more than 5 plays in an average NFL game where a single player gets behind the entire secondary. What makes you think that the Ravens, one of the better defenses in football, would allow a player who may or may not start and play all the snaps to get behind them 5+ times? Additionally, if Tate is behind that secondary 5+ times, you have to assume Brady will look his way. Given his accuracy and touch, how can you presume only 1 TD?
              5+ times might be a stretch - but the Ravens safeties did appear a bit limited last week. Brandon Lloyd got behind them a couple of times.

Comment

I think Ed Reed can come back in Week 7 (just for the record). I can't anticipate the Pats necessarily running Tate on those routes when he has proven himself so effective in the short and middle passing game. Maybe Branch + Tate could have a chance for 5 deep balls, but there is no evidence to suggest that Tate will even be on those routes/on the field.

Comment

Has anyone noticed that Terrell Owens is on pace to catch almost 100 balls for around 1,500 yards. I doubt he'll maintain that pace. but it's still impressive. He's averaging like 15 yards per catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                    Has anyone noticed that Terrell Owens is on pace to catch almost 100 balls for around 1,500 yards. I doubt he'll maintain that pace. but it's still impressive. He's averaging like 15 yards per catch.
                    Not surprising. He's still a good player.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

He was good with the Cowboys, and disappeared last season cause he had dogshit playing QB, in Buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                        I think Ed Reed can come back in Week 7 (just for the record). I can't anticipate the Pats necessarily running Tate on those routes when he has proven himself so effective in the short and middle passing game. Maybe Branch + Tate could have a chance for 5 deep balls, but there is no evidence to suggest that Tate will even be on those routes/on the field.
                        Yeah haha I only say it because that was Tates job at NC, he is extremely fast and I think they are a little too confident in him at the moment but he could turn into a faster Santonio Holmes.
                        Coples is that dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                          I told everyone that he wasn't washed up or had slowed down. His ypc has stayed consistent with his career average. IIRC, that last year in Dallas he had Brad Johnson throwing him the ball for a good portion.

If you can average 15 ypc with Trent ******* Edwards throwing you the football, you are still an amazing WR.

Comment

I used to date a girl who is a UNC alum, and I watched plenty of Tate during college. Very explosive player and a solid route runner, but I didn't see him as a deep threat. I felt like he was more of a Welker type. I don't think he has the explosiveness of a DeSean Jackson, personally. He can run those routes, but I think he's more effective running slants, outs, curls, and such.

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                              Yeah haha I only say it because that was Tates job at NC, he is extremely fast and I think they are a little too confident in him at the moment but he could turn into a faster Santonio Holmes.
                              I see Desean Jackson-like things from Tate in the very near future. Moss being gone is actually going to dictate coverage back underneath towards Welker and Hernandez. The deep ball will be there.

Comment

Yeah he probably does have Jackson speed but I am not sure if he can be that dynamic he might be running the ins, posts, corners. I really am not sure how they will use him but they are putting alot of stock into him and Hernandez (who is a huge receiver). I am still amazed he came back from his nasty knee injury a couple years ago.
                                Coples is that dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information