Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merriman Done In San Diego

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    I don't think he is laying done I just think he can't stay on the field for whatever reason, and when he is on the field he just isn't the player he once was.

    Comment


    • #92
      I think Merriman goes to Dallas to reunite with Wade Phillips. Then follows Wade to whatever DC job he gets next year.

      Comment


      • #93
        I love how all you think he's done... Now I'm not saying he will ever be the 17 sack guy he was four years ago, but you can't sit here and tell me that a team like the Bills can't use this guy. He's still 6 foot 4 and 270... and strong. He would help them with there run D off the bat.

        Comment


        • #94
          Also if you want a team I think he could end up on.... the PATS.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
            Also if you want a team I think he could end up on.... the PATS.
            I hope so. That would be an aggressive move. We're linked to him by Clayton, along with Denver.

            http://www.patspulpit.com/2010/10/14...imans-services

            R.I.P. Junior Seau

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
              I love how all you think he's done... Now I'm not saying he will ever be the 17 sack guy he was four years ago, but you can't sit here and tell me that a team like the Bills can't use this guy. He's still 6 foot 4 and 270... and strong. He would help them with there run D off the bat.
              I will be the first to say some team will give him another shot and at his age I would not blame them but I don't think he will ever be any where close to the player he was.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
                I love how all you think he's done... Now I'm not saying he will ever be the 17 sack guy he was four years ago, but you can't sit here and tell me that a team like the Bills can't use this guy. He's still 6 foot 4 and 270... and strong. He would help them with there run D off the bat.
                Actually I can tell you 32 teams couldn't use the same guy who has been on the field the last 2 years, it's not like he's just been solid, he's been trash, literally invisible.


                Also, since when does being 270 and strong make you a good football player? I'm pretty certain you haven't seen him play one bit if you think he's going to go somewhere and instantly improve a run defense.


                Not saying he shouldn't get a chance, but at least don't act like he's gonna go somewhere and instantly make anyone better. This isn't like Antonio Cromartie, this is a guy who has had tons of injuries, and getting caught juicing in his past, not like he has just been playing bad recently and that's it.





                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                Comment


                • #98
                  I know it's probably been said, but I'd like Arizona to at least work him out. We could use an impact pass rusher in the worst way. Teams double down on Calais and Dockett because there is no threat of a Joey Porter or Clark Haggins. Hell, even a tight end was holding Porter in check at times during yesterdays game.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Actually I can tell you 32 teams couldn't use the same guy who has been on the field the last 2 years, it's not like he's just been solid, he's been trash, literally invisible.


                    Also, since when does being 270 and strong make you a good football player? I'm pretty certain you haven't seen him play one bit if you think he's going to go somewhere and instantly improve a run defense.


                    .
                    I'm sorry but a HEALTHY Merriman becomes the best LB the Bills would have. Who's better than him on that roster? Please tell me! Reggie Torbor? Aaron Maybin? Chris Kelsay? Paul Posluszny?

                    Also like I was saying before you can't tell be that he would not help with there run D... The fact that he could hold the edge and turn a toss or a sweep back inside would help them a lot.

                    He would become over night there biggest LB they have on the roster as well. Not saying size makes you a great football player but it helps with different D's... a la Vilma being a great 4/3 MIb but not a great 3/4 ILB.

                    If you look back at what I said... I don't think that he will ever be the player that he was, but that doesn't mean he still can't help a football team.

                    Also IMO he might have a case of I just need to get the F out of town.... LT comes to mind. When you hate your boss and you know your boss hates you its kind of hard to go to work right? Him leaving SD and getting healthy could be the best thing that happens to him.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X

                    Debug Information