Jermichael Finley likely out for the season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
    Every team is taking away the deep ball threat of Jennings. Driver and James Jones are the monsters of the passing game now. Andrew Quarless looked pretty good though, thought he was flying under the radar during the draft process.
    For as highly regarded as Jennings is, he should be able to find other ways to get open especially with Aaron Rodgers as his QB. People talk about him as a top 10 receiver but he's never shown me the ability to take over games like a Miles Austin, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, etc.

Comment

Looks like I need to make a trade in FF then... :(

Feel bad for the guy, one of the best young TE's out there.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Finley was leading the team in receptions and yards I believe and really made that offense go. I was expecting a big leap out of him this year to prove he was truly an elite all around TE, but the good news is that he is really young and has plenty of time.

If this surgery actually repairs it and projects better long term I would have done it also. But I think it's gonna be alot tougher on everyone else.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

As J-Mike 88 kills himself...

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
            The Packers offense is really going to be hurting without him. I guess this will be Greg Jennings last chance to prove to me that he's not massively overrated.
            Alright, this definitely hurts. JerMichael Finley has been huge for us and was only getting better. However, we were still a top offense before he came around. We've have had pretty much the same offensive weapons for years. In 2007 with Favre we were the second ranked offense, and in 2008 in Rodgers first year we were the 8th ranked offense. It's not like we have an offense dependent on JerMichael Finley. I don't want to minimize this loss too much because he was damn good for us, but we can get by without him. It's not comparable to say the Chargers losing Gates. Their offense is kind of built around Gates to an extent. Take him out and the Chargers are hurting big time. Finley was more of a luxury on top of our already strong offense. It's the loss of Grant that has hurt and will hurt the most.

Comment

^Exactly GB12- The Packers had had top 5 offense for a few years prior to Finley. The Packers have plenty of receiving targets, Grant being out is what hurts. Here's to James Starks in a few weeks...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                ^Exactly GB12- The Packers had had top 5 offense for a few years prior to Finley. The Packers have plenty of receiving targets, Grant being out is what hurts. Here's to James Starks in a few weeks...

Any word on him? Is he expected to come in and contribute right away, be eased in, or are you guys just hoping he'll get a chance?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  Any word on him? Is he expected to come in and contribute right away, be eased in, or are you guys just hoping he'll get a chance?
                  I think its more then hope seeing how he has missed all but like 1 day of minicamp because hes been hurt.

The injuries are ridiculous and they couldn't have happened a worse year seeing the NFC has looked pretty bad so far.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                    That really sucks I like Finley a lot.
                    Not as much as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      They seem to be counting an awful lot on a guy (Starks) who hasn't stayed healthy or played a game since 2008.

We see other teams get guys like today the Eagles with Jerome Harrison, last week the juggernaut Seahawks getting Marshawn Lynch, while our GM sits and waits for Starks..... or else he thinks Brandon Jackson can carry the load. The thing is, this team rarely runs, but they better start doing it more so.

Comment

This season sucks.

Comment

Quarless=mInIfInley
                          Play like a pro and not the drunken idiot you were in college and you can really put up some numbers.

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                          This season sucks.
                          QFT. We are 3-2 and it feels like we probably won't even make the wild card. We don't even get to watch most of our star players. It feels like watching preseason football right now.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            Every team is taking away the deep ball threat of Jennings.
                            The Packers need to get back to running Jennings on the slants, but it won't be as easy without J-Mike clearing the middle of the field.

Finley missed 3 games last year, including the big Vikings and Cowboys games. The lucky Vikings won't have to see him again, either game this year.

We lost 2/3 without him last year.

Crappy luck. I can't remember Gates or Gonzalez ever missing so much time injured. Why our guys always this year?

Comment

Get well J-Mike!!!

Comment

I hate all the injuries to significant players lately. Seems like more than normal this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information