Jermichael Finley likely out for the season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
    The Packers need to get back to running Jennings on the slants, but it won't be as easy without J-Mike clearing the middle of the field.

Finley missed 3 games last year, including the big Vikings and Cowboys games. The lucky Vikings won't have to see him again, either game this year.

We lost 2/3 without him last year.

Crappy luck. I can't remember Gates or Gonzalez ever missing so much time injured. Why our guys always this year?
    The world is against the Packers! ITS YOU GUYS VS THE UNIVERSE!

Yes, you are having an injury plagued season and it sucks, but you aren't the only team to suffer through them. My fantasy team is experiencing the same thing!

But Jermichael is awesome, and I do believe he is the next great receiving TE behind Gonzalez and Gates.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Is it safe to drop Finley from my teams yet? Or is there an outside shot he returns before the regular season is over?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        Is it safe to drop Finley from my teams yet? Or is there an outside shot he returns before the regular season is over?
        I'd be shocked if he came back this year. He damaged his meniscus in his knee, and they went into surgery intending to remove it completely and that's where the 3-6 week recovery time came from. However, when they got their hands dirty, they discovered they could repair it instead of removing it. Good news for Finley and the Packers long term, but the recovery time is significantly longer, like 2-3 months. Pre-surgery Finley was saying he would be back in 2-3 weeks, McCarthy was saying 3-6 weeks. Post surgery, there hasn't been anything official, but rumors saying Finley has been informing teammates that he's done for the year.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

the curse of my FF team strikes again

Comment

Yeah, I think he's a safe drop. By the time he's back (if he comes back) fantasy playoffs will be wrapping up.

If anything, I'd drop him for Andrew Quarless if you really need TE depth. I think you said you had Hernandez, though, so you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              Yeah, I think he's a safe drop. By the time he's back (if he comes back) fantasy playoffs will be wrapping up.

If anything, I'd drop him for Andrew Quarless if you really need TE depth. I think you said you had Hernandez, though, so you should be fine.
              I have Gresham but dang it he's on bye so had to pick up Heap as a 1 week stopgap

Comment

I'd definitely get Quarless on your roster if you could. I lost Finley and went with Pettigrew just because he catches at least 5 balls every game. Couldn't take a risk, small rosters and thin team. If I could I would have gone with Quarless though because he has top 5 potential going forward, but it's risky.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I picked up Quarless in a ton of leagues(seeing as how I owned Finley in a ton of leagues), while he has some talent it's more so one of those situations that is production by default. Rodgers is gonna throw it a ton, Donald Lee is hurt, Quarless is the starting TE and has a chance to make some solid numbers.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Donald Lee returned to practice today and looked good according to reports

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                      Donald Lee returned to practice today and looked good according to reports
                      For some reason that no talent ass clown always finds significant playing time. He can block, I won't knock his talents there, but he has no business running routes. But I'm sure he will be because that's what we've always done with him.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Yeah, I had Finley in both leagues, but I also have Aaron Hernandez in both leagues, so I'm hoping he can step up and replace Finley's production.

I was hoping I couldve went 2 TE with both of em, but that's no longer a possibility.

I picked up Quarless in 1 league and couldn't in the other, someone else was able to snatch him up.

Now I gotta hope Sidney Rice comes back and returns to form, and the rest of my guys pick it up or else I'm in trouble.

Comment

Now I gotta hope Sidney Rice comes back and returns to form, and the rest of my guys pick it up or else I'm in trouble.
                          Based on Brad Childress' press conference comments I would not bet on it anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                            Based on Brad Childress' press conference comments I would not bet on it anytime soon.
                            What did he say? I just need Rice back healthy and back to his old FF self for the playoffs. I can survive without him until then.

Comment

What did he say? I just need Rice back healthy and back to his old FF self for the playoffs. I can survive without him until then.
                              My latest fantasy update on him says this:

10-14-10 - Head coach Brad Childress spoke at Wednesday's press conference as if Rice was not close to returning to the lineup soon, 1500 ESPN Twin Cities' Tom Pelissero reports.

Recommendation: Childress said that Rice was "doing stationary Wiihabing" on Wednesday, so it doesn't look as if he'll be playing anytime soon.
                              (Rotowire.com)

Comment

Wiihabing. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information