X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such a ****** deal for Odom.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
      I hear you, but I think that saying 3/4 of the league has done it is really high. I don't think baseball even hit that mark, did they?

The only reason I think more pro football players have cycled PEDs is because there's more of a premium for increased size/strength/speed at nearly every position, and at best in most cases it allows you to compete at an NFL level, it doesn't automatically make you a HOFer, get 25 sacks or run for 2500 yards.

A guy who benches 550lbs. 'dirty' can still be blocked by two olineman who bench 350# 'clean'.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
        "The NFL did not dispute the facts in this case and accepted the Cincinnati Bengals' weight records showing that Antwan's target reporting weight was 275 lbs. and that he actually reported at 255 lbs., confirming that Antwan had no reason to take a weight-loss medicine," Cornwell said in the statement. "The steroid program's administrator, Dr. John Lombardo, testified that no competitive advantage was gained by this mistake and that no physical difference would be apparent to Antwan from taking his wife's medicine as opposed to his own."
        This is damage control from Odom's lawyer. Somehow this part of the article was left out of your post:

As to why Odom would be taking a weight-loss drug when he's 20 pounds under his target weight, diuretics are often used to mask steroid use.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
          The only reason I think more pro football players have cycled PEDs is because there's more of a premium for increased size/strength/speed at nearly every position, and at best in most cases it allows you to compete at an NFL level, it doesn't automatically make you a HOFer, get 25 sacks or run for 2500 yards.

A guy who benches 550lbs. 'dirty' can still be blocked by two olineman who bench 350# 'clean'.
          If anything, I think the roids will be used more often to heal from injuries.

Bulking up is only so useful. Filling out your frame with good muscle will maximize your strength and athletic combo. once you start to pack on more muscle than your frame can healthily maintain, you lose some speed and explosion, and the injuries pile up faster than you can heal them.

I think lateral movement, agility, flexibility etc are way too important to sacrifice for some positions to overload with muscle building steroids.

Gaining upper body power while throwing out all of your explosion and mobility is a power hitter kinda thing.

Of course there are other PEDs.
          Originally posted by SNIPER26
          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information