(Early) Mid-Season Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morton View Post
    Records are very deceptive. The ________s could easily be 11-5 at the end of the season after sorting out their issues and going on an extended winning streak.
    I agree with the quoted.
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

Despite the records, the Vikings and Cowboys are still more talented than most of the NFC.
      So your rankings are based on "individual talent"?
      Like how JaMarcus Russell was ranked so high entering the draft?

There's a big difference between so-called talented players and a great team.

And remember, you have to take the coach into account. They matter.

Comment

Records are very deceptive. The Cowboys could easily be 11-5 at the end of the season after sorting out their issues and going on an extended winning streak. Romo is playing out of his mind right now, and the only thing holding back their offense from being elite is the offensive line.

I'm almost certain that both the Vikings and the Cowboys will make the playoffs despite starting off slowly. And I hate the Cowboys and dislike the Vikings - I'm an Eagles fan, but I'm being realistic here.
        To be 11-5 after starting 1-3 then would need to go 10-2. That is extremely tough, especially with a tough schedule ahead.

I do see 9-7 as a real possibility. The team does have lots of talent, though a bad o-line really hurts. Especially against a very talented giants defensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
          New England's bad defense:

4th worst yards per game, 7th worst points per game.

Worst on 3rd downs (even worse than Buffalo). 5th worst in passing 3rd downs given up and our rushing 3rd downs given up is only low because most of them are 3rd and 8 or longer.

Though, middle of the pack in terms of 1st downs given up. I wonder why that is.

This defense really is flimsy at best.
          I still have more faith in this unit than the 2005 one. For whatever that is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            We played very well that day but we just made terrible mistakes that killed us.
            Is it just me, or does this sentence makes no sense?

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
              Is it just me, or does this sentence makes no sense?
              Yes and no.

Everyone understands that not making mistakes is what wins and loses football games. But I watched that game, and it's not like the Giants weren't executing or were struggling. They just made a couple of really big mistakes in key moments.

Comment

Thanks for the laugh Mort. Not sure how anyone can place teams with 1-3 records at this point as being in the top quarter of their conference. Not trying to be an ass, but consider actual records first.

Consult this link before compiling any more 'mid-season' reports after week 5.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

Comment

The Detroit Lions are the highest scoring team in the NFC.

Just thought that should be said somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                    The SHAUN HILL-led Detroit Lions are the highest scoring team in the NFC
                    Updated for accuracy

Comment

Score all the points you want....it only takes allowing one more than you score to lose.

Comment

Leave it to a Jets fans to question that. Any moron could tell what I meant but of course the newbie with the Rex Ryan middle finger avatar had to question it.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

lolerskates at putting the Colts and San Diego up in the AFC elite while keeping the pats back for not having a great defense.

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            I think we're a little too inconsistent right now to be placed at #1.
                            Yeah I'd say # 2, though I think we could beat the Falcons. But i need to see a game or two of more consistency before saying we are # 1.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              How can you have the Ravens behind two teams that they already beat? Not to mention the fact that the Ravens are statistically a better defense then the Steelers. Keep sleeping on them, but once the offense clicks into gear they are going to make some serious noise. We are 4-1 with our offense out of sync...good luck once it gets going.

And am I the only one who doesn't see it with the Giants? Yes they have a ton of rushers who can get after the QB, but they got absolutely drubbed by the Colts and the Titans. I like the offense outside of the offensive line, but they need to start giving Eli time and the receivers need to get some stickem.
                              Actually we got owned by the Colts, but ask any Titans fan and we dominated that game, expect for the fact we shoot ourselves in the foot in the red zone, and turned the ball over. Eventually the Titans stuck with it and scored to further their lead. Plus don't forget the fact we have a new DC too. It takes a while to get used to the scheme. It's not like magic where we start out dominating. Even in the 2007 season, under Spags, we lost 2 games and gave up A LOT of points before settling in.

How did we do after those two loses? Did we respond or fade away? Didn't Tiki say Coughlin lost the team? LOL. How did that go Tiki?

The Colts game I knew we'd lose. The Titans game was ours, but credit the Titans for taking adv. of our mistakes. But that's a game we should have had. Oh, well we responded VERY well against a good Bears and Houston team. Now we just need to build off it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                                Actually we got owned by the Colts, but ask any Titans fan and we dominated that game, expect for the fact we shoot ourselves in the foot in the red zone, and turned the ball over. Eventually the Titans stuck with it and scored to further their lead. Plus don't forget the fact we have a new DC too. It takes a while to get used to the scheme. It's not like magic where we start out dominating. Even in the 2007 season, under Spags, we lost 2 games and gave up A LOT of points before settling in.

How did we do after those two loses? Did we respond or fade away? Didn't Tiki say Coughlin lost the team? LOL. How did that go Tiki?

The Colts game I knew we'd lose. The Titans game was ours, but credit the Titans for taking adv. of our mistakes. But that's a game we should have had. Oh, well we responded VERY well against a good Bears and Houston team. Now we just need to build off it.
                                It's deja vu from 2008. Remember you guys started out 0-2, the team hadn't gotten used to Spags' scheme yet and was giving up a ton of points, and Coughlin wasn't even going to make it to the bye week.

Then you rolled off like 8 straight wins or something and eventually made it to the Superbowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information