Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Early) Mid-Season Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
    Right now Chad, T.O., and Bob Bratkowski have held the team back more than Palmer. By no means has Carson been sharp, but the team could easily be 4-1 if those two receivers could hold on to the ball & avoid costly penalties/drops at the worst possible moments. Their play-calling has been pretty awful for the past three seasons.

    Palmer played great against Cleveland, a big loss for the Bengals.
    Ok I'm no Bengals fan but TO is ******* beasting for you guys. Idk how hes more of a problem then Carson I'll throw two interception on our 20 to let the opposing team beat us Palmer.


    Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
      Ok I'm no Bengals fan but TO is ******* beasting for you guys. Idk how hes more of a problem then Carson I'll throw two interception on our 20 to let the opposing team beat us Palmer.
      T.O. had a great game against Cleveland, but costly drops & an offensive pass interference call on the Bengals final march vs. Tampa Bay cost the team a game. Numbers look nice but it's all about winning. One interception against the Bucs was taken out of Owens' hands, just a disgusting lack of effort on his part. That INT led to the tying score. The INT that led to the winning FG came off of Chad's hands. Two perfectly thrown balls, two INTs, game over. The play before the third INT, Owens backed the team 10 yards up with a bone-head offensive pass interference call... something that crippled the team late the week before (that one being Chad.)

      He's rounded off a number of routes & isn't putting in the effort with Carson Palmer. Just not sure how much he and Chad care about football anymore.

      Stats can be misleading, I suggest people watch the games before making blind assumptions. Palmer's been far from perfect but it's actually the receivers that have been shooting the team in the foot. Most miscommunications between Palmer-T.O. have been Owens being on the wrong page.

      big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
      - For daily NFL draft coverage:
      www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        It's deja vu from 2008. Remember you guys started out 0-2, the team hadn't gotten used to Spags' scheme yet and was giving up a ton of points, and Coughlin wasn't even going to make it to the bye week.

        Then you rolled off like 8 straight wins or something and eventually made it to the Superbowl.
        Why do you have to say things like that and jinx it? You suck, you're not a giants fan but you actually watch and know what you're talking about our team and you're in general a good guy, but then you gotta go do stuff like jinx us just cause you're not a fan our team. YFS you are most certainly not my favorite stoner...

        BK

        Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Morton View Post
          The thing that you people have to realize when reading my rankings is that I've studied the NFL for years and have found that defense tends to prevail in the playoffs. I rank the teams with defense in mind first and foremost. Thus teams like the Saints and the Patriots with mediocre defenses but above-average offenses will be ranked lower than teams with average offenses and above-average defenses such as the Bears or the Jets.
          This is just magnificent.

          BK

          Originally posted by AcheTen
          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
          Originally posted by JBCX
          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

          Comment


          • #80
            The AFC is going to be so interesting to watch this year.

            The East will have one very good team miss the playoffs. Will that team be the Jets, Pats, or Dolphins?

            The Ravens/Steelers (whichever loses the division) will be a scary wild card team to play in the playoffs. No one wants that matchup.

            Will the Colts miss the playoffs? The South will be interesting. The Titans are my team to win the division, but the Texans are still clawing, and the Colts still have Peyton Manning and are still winning despite their flaws.

            Will SD wake up and win a division that's begging them to stop Fing up and take advantage of mediocrity? Or will KC prove theyre legit and finally knock SD out of their annual free pass into the playoffs?

            Fun stuff moving forward.

            Comment


            • #81
              Is it safe to say that the nfc is wide open and that no one has proven to be the number 1 team in it except maybe the giants?

              Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
              Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

              Comment


              • #82
                Yup. I don't even think the Giants proved anything yet either.

                The Eagles look better to me as of right now.

                Comment


                • #83
                  AFC is only a 1.5 point favorite vs the NFC in the Superbowl. Put your money down NAO.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Yea i only said the giants because they seem to be runnung the ball well know and the defense looks like its finally putting it all together. And you have eli who's good and it finally seems like nicks has stepped up to be your #1.

                    Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
                    Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by HawkEye30 View Post
                      Yea i only said the giants because they seem to be runnung the ball well know and the defense looks like its finally putting it all together. And you have eli who's good and it finally seems like nicks has stepped up to be your #1.
                      Yeah. But our oline is still mediocre, and outside of Nicks and Smith, we have no reliable 3rd option on offense, so we're very beatable on offense.

                      That's my main concern. I think our defense (as long as it stays healthy) will be studly all year, but the offense worries me. It lacks playmakers and the oline is makeshift.

                      Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      AFC is only a 1.5 point favorite vs the NFC in the Superbowl. Put your money down NAO.
                      My pride just won't let me do that haha.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Yeah. But our oline is still mediocre, and outside of Nicks and Smith, we have no reliable 3rd option on offense, so we're very beatable on offense.

                        That's my main concern. I think our defense (as long as it stays healthy) will be studly all year, but the offense worries me. It lacks playmakers and the oline is makeshift.



                        My pride just won't let me do that haha.
                        Giants still have 15/1 odds to win the SB. That's still a nice bet, too for halfway through the season.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          Giants still have 15/1 odds to win the SB. That's still a nice bet, too for halfway through the season.
                          I'm also very superstitious, so I wouldn't bet on the Giants bc Id feel like Im jinxing them.

                          FML.

                          I might put a 100 bucks on the steelers if its not too late.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          Debug Information