Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choose a Playcaller

Here's the situation:

Your team is in a do-or-die spot and you absolutely have to win this week's game. You can have one of these 3 people to be your team's offense play caller for that game. Who do YOU go with?

Choice #1: Brad Childress

Positives: Unpredictable...his favorite saying is "Nah, they'll expect us to do that...I'll do the exact opposite instead.....

Negatives: A student of the "Andy Reid School of Clock Managament"...Utilizes such legendary QBs as washed up Brad Johnson, Tarvaris Jackson, Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosencopter, and elderly/egocentric Brett Favre....Has the best RB in the game today yet is only 10th in the league in rushing attemps.....

Choice #2: Jason Garrett

Positives: Spreads the ball around a lot....is a god damned offensive genius.....

Negatives: 3rd and 20? TE Bubble screen.....Best 3-deep running back group in the league? Fewest rush attempts for several weeks running..... Need a big play? Throw to Kevin Ogletree...... 3rd and 1? HB Sweep for -4 yards....... 3rd and 10? Deepest route is 9 yards....... Halftime adjustments? Nah......

Choice #3: 8 year old who plays waaay too much Madden

Positives: May be more intelligent than Brad Childress or Jason Garrett.

Negatives: Will do unpredictable things like calling a fake field goal on 2nd and 10 from his own 20. Does nothing but pass plays. May pass out once Mountain Dew rush wears off.

So who ya got?
    Brad Childress
    12.20%
    Jason Garrett
    7.32%
    8 year old who plays too much Madden
    80.49%

Brad Childress, only because I couldn't pick "Brent using his custom playbook from the PS2 version of NCAA 2009" i.e., unstoppable.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
      Brad Childress, only because I couldn't pick "Brent using his custom playbook from the PS2 version of NCAA 2009" i.e., unstoppable.
      Back in the Maddens from the earlier part of the last decade (2003, 2004 era) I could beat anyone with exactly 3 offensive plays. (Not counting special ones like FGs and Punts.)

I-Formation HB Lead Dive (switch it to run to the left or right depending on situation)
      I-Formation PA Rollout (QB play fakes, rolls right, has a receiver streaking deep down the field, a TE about 10 yards downfield running towards the sideline...throws to one of them or runs it himself.)
      Shotgun Curls (4 receivers all curl 10-12 yards down the field....my "I need a first down special)

I CRUSHED people with this....even with terrible teams like the McCown/Emmitt Smith Cardinals.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        Back in the Maddens from the earlier part of the last decade (2003, 2004 era) I could beat anyone with exactly 3 offensive plays. (Not counting special ones like FGs and Punts.)
        before I stopped playing console games, I made it a goal to treat the play-calling as I would in real life. so I would maybe call 15-20 different plays before repeating the one.

I cant imagine how I would do with a 100-plus play playbook.

Comment

Good poll, tough call here. Both these guys seem to hate running backs. Im going with the 8 year old. Just because on 3rd and inches the youngster might actually consider using Adrian Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
            Good poll, tough call here. Both these guys seem to hate running backs. Im going with the 8 year old. Just because on 3rd and inches the youngster might actually consider using Adrian Peterson.
            3rd and Inches situation

Brad Childress "Screen to the FB!! They'll never see that coming!"

Jason Garrett "RB Sweep for a 4 yard loss!!"

8 year old "Sensible hand off to his team's best player."

Comment

3rd and Inches situation

Brad Childress "Screen to the FB!! They'll never see that coming!"
              8 year old "Sensible hand off to his team's best player."
              Childress just love Tahi for some unknown reason.

Comment

Seems like they all are very close but I think the 8 year old gets my vote. He could be a future head coach

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I-Formation HB Lead Dive (switch it to run to the left or right depending on situation)
                  I-Formation PA Rollout (QB play fakes, rolls right, has a receiver streaking deep down the field, a TE about 10 yards downfield running towards the sideline...throws to one of them or runs it himself.)
                  Shotgun Curls (4 receivers all curl 10-12 yards down the field....my "I need a first down special)

I CRUSHED people with this....even with terrible teams like the McCown/Emmitt Smith Cardinals.
                  HB counter with Tatum Bell forcibly rapes your face. That, and there was a PA play I always sent Laveraneus Coles deep on, and of course the curl route, especially from a 4 WR formation to the 4th WR. I had an MVP calibre season with Kevin Swayne once with the 04 Jets. Once you could high pass, slants are added to curls as absolutely unstoppable.

Given the options, 8 year old. Broncos would actually improve if all they called was passing plays.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Also, you guys are underrating the Madden players greatest weapon:

The reset button.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                      Also, you guys are underrating the Madden players greatest weapon:

The reset button.
                      I'd only reset after a stupid serious injury in franchise mode. It's like "Oh, my QB with a 95 toughness and injury rating gets brushed slightly by a DE......DISLOCATED VERTEBRA!??? WTFFFFFFFF!!!!" RESET.

Comment

I remember when Madden introduced the mid-game ability to save, and I would save after every good play haha

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          I remember when Madden introduced the mid-game ability to save, and I would save after every good play haha
                          Wait, you can save mid game?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            Wait, you can save mid game?
                            back in the day, on PS2, you could in franchise mode.

Comment

**** it, I'm going deep.

Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information