Write a Scouting Report - on an NFL player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bantx View Post
    Yeah but he still had most his weapons and couldn't get the job done. Tiki (screens) burress, shockey for most of the season. He doesn't do good with pressure.
    LOL, Did you make up your own club Eli Hating club?

Comment

Yeah want to join? :]

Comment

I think Eli is slightly above average nothing great. And it has NOTHING to do with his last name or hype.
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

BRIAN WESTBROOK

Strengths
          *Has Amazing Speed
          *Is very nifty
          *Hits the hole with authority
          *Great hands out of the backfield
          *Shows signs of work ethic
          *Has patience on and off the field
          *Doesn't mind being seldom used when he shouldn't

Weaknesses
          *Doesnt have idle size for an RB
          *Came out of a bad CFB program at 'Nova
          *We dont know if he can handle 22+ carries on average

Overview
          If you ask me this guy is our next Marshall Faulk, just used less in the run game. He is a home run type player and can never be slept on coming out of the backfield whether he's running, or receiving. Put a linebacker on him, and he LB with end up sneezing after they're left dusted.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

You could take into consideration how much the giants actually lost trading up for him Eli though...they would have been better off wiht rivers i think, i thought he was the better prospect coming out that year anyway. He sure hasnt lived up to the hype or his name...but personally im not ready to call him a bust until he under peforms Losman....then your a bust

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
              Tom Brady
              ----
              Weaknesses: Slow release, slow at picking up defense, EVERYTHING HE DOES IS SLOW

^lol thats what weiss and BB had on him when he came in as a rookie and Brady saw it

haha lol that was funny

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                You could take into consideration how much the giants actually lost trading up for him Eli though...they would have been better off wiht rivers i think, i thought he was the better prospect coming out that year anyway. He sure hasnt lived up to the hype or his name...but personally im not ready to call him a bust until he under peforms Losman....then your a bust
                What's wrong with Losman? He had a pretty decent year last year and was ranked number 11 overall in passer rating. He's beginning to become a very serviceable quarterback and could become good to very good in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Athrun340 View Post
                  haha lol that was funny
                  heres more

It is lucky Brady was drafted at all. A scouting report written before the draft sized up Brady this way: "Poor build, very skinny and narrow, lacks mobility and the ability to avoid the rush, lacks a really strong arm."
                  It was a rare diversion for Brady, who spends the off-season in Boston and goes to work 10 months a year. He has added 25 pounds of muscle to his frame since joining the NFL and strengthened his arm.

“The farthest you probably ever throw in a game is 50 to 55 yards,” says Brady. "I mean, I could throw it probably 70, if I really get into one."

i love this:
                  "I was leaving late one night, and this tall skinny kid approached me holding a pizza box. I said, "I know who you are; you're Tom Brady, sixth-round pick from Michigan," and he replied, 'and I'm the best decision this organization has ever made.' I was stunned. The amazing thing is he didn't say it to be arrogant...he was sincere...I went home and told everyone about it." - Bob Kraft
                  Last edited by remix 6; 03-16-2007, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                    It's too early for me to decide whether Rivers would've been better in NY, Eli wasn't going to play for SD though so I don't think it's really debateable.

Losman is an unfair comparision as well, if you want to look at it from the opposite side. Losman is starting to come around as a good starting QB but he was more of a project coming out of college than Eli was. You have to compare Eli to Philip, I would assume. Ben Roethlisberger as well, but I think Eli can be better than him. Right now, Ben wins off the SB ring and experience but all four QBs can be good-to-great starters.
                    Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by bantx View Post
                      But people gave him so much hype, and now look at him. BUST
                      How can you say he's a bust when he's only just finished his third year...

The fact is the guy's got no offensive line and an abhorrible defense. The poor kid is always playing from behind with no protection. He's got a lot of potential, that scouting report was accurate, he needs protection and he needs to be tutored into not losing his mechanics at pivotal times.

People hate this kid so much just because he wouldn't go to san diego, he made a mistake, he was a young kid and didn't get the guidance he should've from the people around him. Give him a break, and give him a chance to develop.

Comment

Maurice Drew

Strengths: Overall greatness. The lovechild of Aphrodite and Hercules (long story), so he's got good genes. Once threw a football over them mountains and caught it, thereby making more money than Uncle Rico did in five seconds. A renowned horse assassin, particularly of the Colt type. His hands are so good, Ticky-tack is said to be secreted from his hands, providing another good source of money. Godzilla ain't got poop on him.

Weakness: Friend of Keak Da Sneak.

Comments: May also be heir to the throne of the Roman Empire, as well as King of Athens (unconfirmed). Was to be the original Clark Kent, but they felt sympathetic for the guy in the wheelchair. Clairvoyant pricks.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                          How can you say he's a bust when he's only just finished his third year...

The fact is the guy's got no offensive line and an abhorrible defense. The poor kid is always playing from behind with no protection. He's got a lot of potential, that scouting report was accurate, he needs protection and he needs to be tutored into not losing his mechanics at pivotal times.

People hate this kid so much just because he wouldn't go to san diego, he made a mistake, he was a young kid and didn't get the guidance he should've from the people around him. Give him a break, and give him a chance to develop.
                          oh yeah and tiki runs so well with no line.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                            More than likely people will do one on a player on their favorite team, whats wrong with me doing one on Favre?
                            nothing wrong with it.But Ive never met a Packer fan whos favorite player isnt Favre.
                            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Name: Vernon Davis
                              Nickname: The Duke
                              Position: Tight End
                              Team: San Francisco 49ers
                              Draft: Round 1, Pick 6
                              Height: 6'3"
                              Weight: 253
                              College: Maryland
                              Number: 85
                              Expierience: 1 year, 8 games started

Positives: Incredible athletic ability...One of the most athletic tight ends I've ever seen...Amazing speed...Outstanding strength and power...Does not go down after first contact...Great Leaper...Playmaker

Negatives: Does not have the ideal height for a tight end...Normally has reliable hands but at times he has lapses of concentration and drops some easy ones.

Overview: One of my favorite players and one of the most athletically gifted players I've seen. A Maryland legend. There's no doubt that he has all the ability and he will be one of the best tight ends in the game for years to come. He really showed what he is capable of late in the season, once he was healthy. Vernon will be the primary target for Alex Smith next year, and with the lack of depth at TE in the NFC, I think he will have a great year and be a pro bowler.
                              Last edited by dcarey20; 03-17-2007, 03:55 AM.

Comment

The Ravens boast one of the most promising young WR duos in Mark Clayton and Demetrius Williams. The average observer will begin to wonder why there were a dozen WR's selected before him in the '06 draft. Ravens fans have already realized Ozzie pulled off yet another heist at the draft bank. Browns fans? Well, they've already accepted the fact that Travis Wilson was the wrong pick (again) and that Demetrius never wanted to play in Cleveland anyway.
                                Oh yeah forgot to say I love this post. And I love Demetrius Williams.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information