Who feels bad for Norv Turner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
    It's funny when people with no rings make fun of AJ Smith for having no rings.
    If Smith wants to mock us for having no rings he certainly can.

Comment

Feel sorry for him? He's a millionaire and gets to coach the best athletes in his sport for a living. And his underachieving teams have knocked the Colts out of the playoffs way too many times! Hell no I don't feel sorry for that pockmarked bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
        If Smith wants to mock us for having no rings he certainly can.
        And I can mock him back for not taking Larry Fitzgerald in 2004. :D

Comment

It's funny when people with no rings make fun of AJ Smith for having no rings.

Anywho, Smith hasn't been that bad. He's added many talented players to that roster and helped them be among the best teams in the league for years.
          People mock him because he's a pompous asshole that thinks he knows more than he really does, while having absolutely nothing to show for it.

Comment

And I can mock him back for not taking Larry Fitzgerald in 2004. :D
            I was going to say it worked out well for him, but Brees has a ring and Rivers doesn't. I don't know if they would have won one if he stayed, I do know they haven't with Rivers and the team is going in the wrong direction.

Comment

My take (Charger fan)

My take on Norv is simple, I like Norv the human being and Norv the " Offensive Coordinator"-but hate Norv the HC. Don't get me wrong, the guy is amazing at X's and O's, but he reminds me of Charlie Weiss. A football Guru but not a Head Coach candidate. Regardless of all the ******** AJ Smith has done (I despise him) Norv is coaching one of the better teams in the NFL as far as Roster talent is concerned. I think his track record speaks for itself, mediocre HC-good OC. Hell I remember when we hired him all the San Fran fans wanted him back because of the strides he made with Alex Smith. I do appreciate the progression of Rivers under Norv, but he is too finesse and we lost the physicality we used to show under Marty. Our Line used to be stacked with road graders, LoNeal at FB, and of course LT. But when Norv took over he phased out the Power Run game and brought in the Air Raid (not literally) Passing attack. Defense has been a mess as well. Like others have said yeah we lost Jamaal Williams who was the top NT a few years ago and Merriman went downhill. I don't blame him for injuries or players leaving, but he needs to make due with what we have and motivate! I think we need to get a tough headed coach back in here like Cowher or someone, but with AJ still overlooking every move I doubt that will happen

Comment

Cowher IMO is coming back to the NFL in 2011 or 2012.
                He would be a great fit in SD, I bet.

If Cowher had coached the Bolts the last 6 years, I think they have at least one Lombardi.

Comment

I highly doubt Cowher moves all the way to the West Coast. No way he'd go there with AJ Smith there for sure.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information