Who feels bad for Norv Turner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who feels bad for Norv Turner?

Was watching the SD game yesterday and just couldn't stop thinking about how bad I feel for this guy. Just three years ago he beat the Colts at home and almost beat the Pats with a QB that had a torn ACL. Now look at him! He's most likely going to be let go after the season because his GM sucks. AJ Smith has done him in, letting Turner walk in FA, drafting a bust in Buster Davis, not replacing Jamal Williams, trading Cro to the team that beat you the year before, not locking up your pro bowl LT and not signing your number one WR. It's nuts!

Eli Manning was right on the money when he said give me no part of this team. There's a reason why every player that has left is playing better. When you hate going to work and hate your boss you aren't going to be at your best. AJ Smith has done that in SD.

A.J Smith has made quite a few questionable moves if you ask me. He believes that the Chargers can just move on from any player (i.e Merriman, Jackson, Williams, Cromartie)

Same arguement can be made for Wade Phillips, Jerry Jones need to take the backseat and let proven and trusted GM run the Cowboys.

Comment

How often do the players interact with AJ Smith? Now how often do they interact with Norv Turner?

If you're correct in your assumption that players hate going to work when they're Chargers, wouldn't that have way more to do with Norv than AJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
        How often do the players interact with AJ Smith? Now how often do they interact with Norv Turner?

If you're correct in your assumption that players hate going to work when they're Chargers, wouldn't that have way more to do with Norv than AJ?
        I was saying that mostly about LT, VJax, Merriman and McNeill. Who have all had problems with AJ not Turner.

Comment

When you have the #1 offense and #1 defense in the NFL and are 2-4, your problem is coaching, not talent.

Comment

Hell, I don't. He was incredibly lucky to get another Head Coaching spot to begin with and is basically wasting a talented team.
            Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

dont like norv --> dont feel bad for him

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I don't, he made Alex Smith look good. This guy clearly knows what the **** he's doing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Why isnt the title here "Norv turner....what can be done?".

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

No, he is the master mind behind one of the best offensive systems in the NFL. Well he didn't create it, but his version is flat out sick!

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      When you have the #1 offense and #1 defense in the NFL and are 2-4, your problem is coaching, not talent.
                      Your problem is actually Kasim Osgood.

I don't know guys. This team lost a very close game on the road to pretty solid Rams team - losing two of their best before the fourth quarter.

The OP raises a good point about A.J. Smith - however I'd like to get into it further. I think Smith had the right idea in not replacing Turner and V-Jax given that RB and WR are the easiest positions to fill in the league (and as you can see, their offense hasn't missed much without them). But he's 100% correct about Jamal Williams and Shawne Merriman because you simply cannot replace those types of impact defenders. Williams was HUGE for them when they had a traditionally stingy run defense and we all know how an impact pass rusher can enhance a defense. Merriman they at least tried to replace with English but losing Williams was always one of the greatest blows to this team.

But, anyway, I don't know guys. The entire division lost yesterday and the Bolts are still well within striking distance. They've already played 4 road games. 9-7 is very reasonable and could definitely win the division.
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                        dont like norv --> dont feel bad for him
                        This. Plus, Norv has just as much to do with their lack of success as anyone.

Comment

Forgot about Osgood! There's one more pro bowler that he let get away and you can't tell me that there ST unit hasn't suffered because of it.

Comment

No HC has done less with more than Norv Turner, except maybe Wade Phillips.

Norval has had SB caliber teams how many years in a row??? He's just not an NFL HC, the type of guy that can elevate talent to get to that next level.

Once the Bolts get a REAL HC, that's going to be an entirely different team come the postseason.

I like Norval the human being when he was in Washington, but he's lacking something as the main guy.

BTW, if he's fired, I bet there's a HUGE chance he returns to Dallas as their OC.

Comment

I definitely do not feel bad for him. He was the one who hyped up this team so much in the offseason, so the burden falls on him, not A.J. Smith.

Don't get me wrong, A.J. is culpable too because of the dumb games he likes to play in negotiations, but at this point I don't even think it's his call anymore. Dean Spanos could have resolved everything from day one.

But as soon as Turner said "This is one of the best teams we've had" I said, okay, we'll see. We've seen alright. So guess what Norv, it's on you until further notice.
                              aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information