Helmet to Helmet Hits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
    75k is a joke...Harrison was commited to the tackle, its not like you can pull up when youre traveling at 15mph, half a second away from impact. Massaqoi should have known better, hit the ******* deck.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLXJy3dap3o

So the first one where he leads with his helmet not even using his arms at all to tackle probably shouldn't get fined and im guessing the second one too where just flies in with the crown of his helmet down shouldn't deserve a fine either.

I was alright with TJ Ward getting fined and he didn't even lead with his helmet, Harrison just lowers his head in both instances, how does that not deserve 75k considering the league said he got fined more than usual because he's a repeat offender.

Comment

• Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post

So the first one where he leads with his helmet not even using his arms at all to tackle probably shouldn't get fined and im guessing the second one too where just flies in with the crown of his helmet down shouldn't deserve a fine either.

I was alright with TJ Ward getting fined and he didn't even lead with his helmet, Harrison just lowers his head in both instances, how does that not deserve 75k considering the league said he got fined more than usual because he's a repeat offender.
      Look at cribbs, he is leading with his helmet. and harrison is leading with his. THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOUR HEAD TO NOT BE IN FRONT WHEN YOU GO LOW. Lets just make everyone play standing vertically.

Comment

But the rule book says that leading with a shoulder is just like leading with your helmet. Its all ********. This could have been avoided if the receiver read the defense and stopped his route. Offensive players have to take some accountability. They ****** up. The defense shouldn't pay for that. As the rules are written both Harrison's hit and TJ Ward's hit are illegal. I think they're terrible rules, but thats what they are. I always consider Wards hit a ting of beauty. Same for Harrison's hit's. Same for Robinson's. That's football and that stuff happens. If the NFL takes it away, I care less about the NFL that much more, which seems inevitable that I only watch college football at this current rate.
        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
        Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
        I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
        Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
        I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
        Originally posted by GoRavens
        Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• I'm ok with Harrison getting fined. I expected it. But you cannot tell me that Meriweather's hit was less dirty than Harrison's. Meriweather should be getting the 75K, not Harrison. IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
            I'm ok with Harrison getting fined. I expected it. But you cannot tell me that Meriweather's hit was less dirty than Harrison's. Meriweather should be getting the 75K, not Harrison. IMO.
            Robinson's hit is the only one of real importance. The rule book says it's a legal hit and then they went ahead and fined him anyway. If he doesn't win that appeal, then "devastating" hits are wide open to interpretation and anything that looks bad can get a player suspended.

Which is such a ******* joke I still can't get over it
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
            Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
            I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
            Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
            I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
            Originally posted by GoRavens
            Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
              Look at cribbs, he is leading with his helmet. and harrison is leading with his. THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOUR HEAD TO NOT BE IN FRONT WHEN YOU GO LOW. Lets just make everyone play standing vertically.
              People should only be penalized if they aim for the head. A guy could aim for his shoulder but the guy moved and hit square in the head.

Comment

• This is going to be the only way to get NFL players to tackle the way they should. Players could make big hits and great tackles without lunging at people like human missiles at someone's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                  Robinson's hit is the only one of real importance. The rule book says it's a legal hit and then they went ahead and fined him anyway. If he doesn't win that appeal, then "devastating" hits are wide open to interpretation and anything that looks bad can get a player suspended.

Which is such a ******* joke I still can't get over it
                  If a receiver has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself, a defensive player is prohibited from launching (springing forward and upward) into him in a way that causes the defensive player's helmet, facemask, shoulder, or forearm to forcibly strike the receiver's head or neck area -- even if the initial contact of the defender's helmet, facemask, shoulder, or forearm is lower than the receiver's neck.
                  Not according to the defenseless WR rule, the end part which can be interpreted differently.

Now springing forward, does that mean leaving your feet, or coiling up and coming out?

And the last part is ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    This is going to be the only way to get NFL players to tackle the way they should. Players could make big hits and great tackles without lunging at people like human missiles at someone's head.
                    and body. Devastating hits, also will lead to fines and or suspensions.

Comment

1. No, and he wont be fined for that, Cribbs was a runner, which negates the rule completely.

and

2. No, this is football, if you cant take a hit to the chops, dont play.

Comment

• 1. No, and he wont be fined for that, Cribbs was a runner, which negates the rule completely.
                        I'm not saying it was a defenseless receiver I said he lead with his helmet and caused a concussion making no effort to even tackle using any other part of his body... If anything about this i'm more ******* irritated that while at a bar steelers fans were laughing as cribbs laid unconscious on the ground.

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                        2. No, this is football, if you cant take a hit to the chops, dont play.
                        Okay how about you volunteer for sports science and stand in the middle of a field with a blindfold on and a helmet on and let james harrison bull charge with his helmet and drill you, and we can see the effects it has on your brain as well as possible spinal damage in certain situations.
                        Last edited by PoopSandwich; 10-19-2010, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Okay how about you volunteer for sports science and stand in the middle of a field with a blindfold on and a helmet on and let james harrison bull charge with his helmet and drill you, and we can see the effects it has on your brain as well as possible spinal damage in certain situations.
                          I dont need to, Massaquoi already proved it would be a better idea to get out of the way.

Comment

I dont need to, Massaquoi already proved it would be a better idea to get out of the way.
                            Yes so receivers should just say **** catching the ball and doing their job because there might be some asshole who wants to lead with their helmet and concuss them.

Also, he proved nothing, you said that you shouldn't play football if "you can't take a hit to the chops". There are plenty of tough players out there who would much rather not to have permanent brain damage because of players flying around with the crown of their helmets lowered, it doesn't make them weak or strong depending on how long it takes for them to be out of football because of that.

Comment

Yes so receivers should just say **** catching the ball and doing their job because there might be some asshole who wants to lead with their helmet and concuss them.

Also, he proved nothing, you said that you shouldn't play football if "you can't take a hit to the chops".

There are plenty of tough players out there who would much rather not to have permanent brain damage because of players flying around with the crown of their helmets lowered.
                              I agree that something should be changed (as i stated earlier about the helmets), but i dont think suspensions and fines are the way to go, these hits are going to happen regardless of the rules, so another solution is going to have to be thought up. I never like to see players get injured, but charging players after it has happened is not going to change anything.

Comment

I agree that something should be changed (as i stated earlier about the helmets), but i dont think suspensions and fines are the way to go, these hits are going to happen regardless of the rules, so another solution is going to have to be thought up. I never like to see players get injured, but charging players after it has happened is not going to change anything.
                                Which is why they are saying they will start suspending players that lead with their helmets.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information