No announcement yet.

Helmet to Helmet Hits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were getting paid millions BigBanger, you wouldn't love helmet to helmet hits from people twice your size. You can say you like that now, but when you are a vegetable in the hospital because of a brain injury, you wouldn't being saying that, or probably anything else.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Banger, I agree with your whole post about football but dont bring politics into it.

Lets not get this locked, keep it to football.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
        If you were getting paid millions BigBanger, you wouldn't love helmet to helmet hits from people twice your size. You can say you like that now, but when you are a vegetable in the hospital because of a brain injury, you wouldn't being saying that, or probably anything else.
        come on prock, you're better than this.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

If you were getting paid millions BigBanger, you wouldn't love helmet to helmet hits from people twice your size. You can say you like that now, but when you are a vegetable in the hospital because of a brain injury, you wouldn't being saying that, or probably anything else.
          Its part of the game, do you see any player complaining? They know injuries come with playing football, it says it on the back of the helmet.

Comment

• As someone who has recently had a severe concussion, I know the effects they have on you. Anything that can be done to lower them should be done. What is going on now is just putting a higher penalty on the current rules. I don't see what is wrong with it.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
              Its part of the game, do you see any player complaining? They know injuries come with playing football, it says it on the back of the helmet.
              Yeah, they aren't changing the rules, just reinforcing the current ones. What is wrong with that?

Bonekrusher.

Comment

i cant say i really care too much about their safety, not sure they are worried about the average non athlete surviving on our day to day grind. they just so happen to get paid millions to entertain us, my entertainment is more important to me cause i dont really care about them. athletes come and go, thats part of the job, they are there to win and build a legacy and earn a check....i dont know why a few extra noticeable hits on last sunday caused such an uproar. the rules are ****** up, robinson could be facing the biggest punishment because jackson was the most hurt, yet his was the least intentional...thats no way to enforce the rule. it should be based on intent, not outcome.

these rules are ridiculous....big hits, the bone crushing kind where team mates get on the field and pray for them are a big crowd attractor, ok maybe not to that extent but big hits in general. i like seeing players get hurt, not severely injured, but i got hurt when i played and i hurt other people....i thought by now that was a pretty accepted concept in a physical sport like football. its like no one watches nascar for the left turns, they watch for the accidents. making defenders think twice about hitting the QB is one thing but any player in general is ridiculous. its like making racecar drivers follow traffic laws and slow down in order to prevent accidents
                E]

Comment

As someone who has recently had a severe concussion, I know the effects they have on you. Anything that can be done to lower them should be done. What is going on now is just putting a higher penalty on the current rules. I don't see what is wrong with it.
                  Watch sportcenter. Tons of players are speaking out against it including offensive guys. Andre Johnson, Clinton Portis, Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis, Scott Fujita, Tom Brady and many more. Hitting is part of the game and the players know it. You cant protect people who dont want to be protected.

Comment

As someone who has recently had a severe concussion, I know the effects they have on you. Anything that can be done to lower them should be done. What is going on now is just putting a higher penalty on the current rules. I don't see what is wrong with it.
                    They could do a lot more to prevent concussions on defenseless receivers by not implementing so many rules favoring the passing game.

Want to keep your receivers safe? Stop running them over the middle and having them catch hospital balls from quarterbacks.

Comment

• I refuse to watch Sportscenter today, because Mark Schlereth made me want to punch a baby today.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

Yeah, they aren't changing the rules, just reinforcing the current ones. What is wrong with that?
                        What player do you see complaining about getting hit? yes, they are changing the rules the jackson hit was clean and the cribbs hit was not helmet to helmet.

Comment

• i thought schlereth was dead on lol
                          E]

Comment

• Yeah, I totally fail to see how someone listening to Schlereth would get angry at him. All of his points were super valid. None of it makes sense.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
                              i cant say i really care too much about their safety, not sure they are worried about the average non athlete surviving on our day to day grind. they just so happen to get paid millions to entertain us, my entertainment is more important to me cause i dont really care about them. athletes come and go, thats part of the job, they are there to win and build a legacy and earn a check....i dont know why a few extra noticeable hits on last sunday caused such an uproar. the rules are ****** up, robinson could be facing the biggest punishment because jackson was the most hurt, yet his was the least intentional...thats no way to enforce the rule. it should be based on intent, not outcome.

these rules are ridiculous....big hits, the bone crushing kind where team mates get on the field and pray for them are a big crowd attractor, ok maybe not to that extent but big hits in general. i like seeing players get hurt, not severely injured, but i got hurt when i played and i hurt other people....i thought by now that was a pretty accepted concept in a physical sport like football. its like no one watches nascar for the left turns, they watch for the accidents. making defenders think twice about hitting the QB is one thing but any player in general is ridiculous. its like making racecar drivers follow traffic laws and slow down in order to prevent accidents
                              Nobody should care whether or not you or I care about player safety. The NFL should care about the safety of their employees though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• And they wouldn't have even been brought up if it didn't happen so much that week. But then you have hits like Merriweathers. If you wanna tell me he shouldn't be fined or suspended for that, then I won't even bother arguing with you. I just want someone to explain what is wrong with being fined and suspended for intentional breaking of the rules.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information