No announcement yet.

Helmet to Helmet Hits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a much simpler idea...IMPROVE THE HELMETS.

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
      A forceful shot to the head should be a suspension. I said it when Welker got cheap shotted by Eric Smith
      The Eric Smith hit wasn't even helmet to helmet. Even Welker said Smith shouldn't be fined or suspended.

Comment

• Yeah I really dont think the Welker his was as big as people thought. However the Boldin hit a few years ago was most certainly deserving of a fine, no one cried about changing the rules then.

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
          I've got a much simpler idea...IMPROVE THE HELMETS.
          They should wear those helmets that they have in madden, the revoultionary(sp?) or w/e.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
            Yeah, I saw that segment with Bruschi on sportscenter.
            He was demonstrating a tackle on Mort, showing him completely twist his body and head, so he's not even looking at Mort, and hitting him with his shoulder/back area. When in the world are you supposed to tackle like that?
            He could juke easily if he tackled like that...

Comment

• **** all these ****** players saying there needs to be suspensions. Ok rodney harrison im sure if you were still playing you would be all for giving out suspensions. This is such a joke that after 4 plays they are throwing a fit about this. Never did think that out of all the commentators that i would end up agreeing with matt millen and tim hasslebeck. Just heard that robinson was fined 50 grand? what a ******* joke.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
              Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
                He could juke easily if he tackled like that...
                Not only that, if you try to tackle like that YOU"LL be the one who gets seriously hurt or just gets run over. You wont even need to juke, I would of loved for people to try and tackle me in high school like that.

Originally posted by WMD
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Just heard on NFLN that Harrison got $75K for the Massoquai hit and Robinson got $50K. Should be interesting to see how this goes in the future, whether these are reduced penalties, because they were before the warning.

Comment

• merriweather also got 50k

Comment

• 75k is a joke...Harrison was commited to the tackle, its not like you can pull up when youre traveling at 15mph, half a second away from impact. Massaqoi should have known better, hit the ******* deck.

Comment

• Idk why any of the steelers defenders got fined, all their tackles looked fine to me.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• I think the Merriweather hit would warrant a suspension in the future, it was blatant and obvious. Those are the two things that the refs will be told to look at.

Comment

• I cannot believe Dunta Robinson got fined 50k. That's absolutely absurd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                              These players dont have to play football, its their choice. On top of which they also are making way more then adequate money to support their family's and have enough saved up in case an injury does take place. Were not hearing any of the players who got hurt complain about it, so why are the NFL execs freaking out. Have any players gone on record saying they support this?
                              The world is filled with choices. The NFL has every right to try and make the jobs of their employees safer. If James Harrison doesn't like the new rules, no one is going to force him to stay in the NFL. At the same time, no one is forcing you as a fan to watch the NFL if you don't like their rules.

I see no problem with the NFL trying to make the game safer and eliminate serious injuries. I imagine that the NFL is going to review all helmet-to-helmet hits before just handing out suspensions. I have a hard time believing that minor or accidental helmet-to-helmet contact is really going to warrant a suspension. A fine really isn't much money compared to what these players make. It's not enough of a punishment or deterrent. Sure, accidents do happen but there are still players who are intentionally leading with their heads and right now there is no reason for them to stop.

Comment

• Some of these future suspensions wouldn't matter. In this case a guy like Dunta Robinson (defender) suffered a concussion so he would likely miss the next game anyways.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information