No announcement yet.

Where Is Parcells Headed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be tough to get a great player with the #1 pick. He gets zero credit for that pick in my book. He wasn't a slam dunk #1 by any means, but it wasn't a very difficult decision to make.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Bring him in as a consultant in New England. He's got an eye for the type of players we need.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

jesus christ, come to San Francisco!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I'll never be able to get over the fact that Parcells look like my grandma...

...from the neck down.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            Bring him in as a consultant in New England. He's got an eye for the type of players we need.
            Somehow I don't think that'd go over very well...

I could see him going to Buffalo. Would complete his tour of the AFC East.

Comment

back to dallas? bwahahah, that'll never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                Must be tough to get a great player with the #1 pick. He gets zero credit for that pick in my book. He wasn't a slam dunk #1 by any means, but it wasn't a very difficult decision to make.
                I disagree. Chris Long was a very highly regarded prospect in that draft and a lot of people thought he had potential to go #1.

Also, I know that it seemed like people were split 50/50 on Matt Ryan around the draft, but he was definitely the best QB prospect in that draft and the Dolphins needed a QB badly (If I remember correctly the Packers didn't trade Favre until after the draft, which means the Jets didn't cut Pennington and the Dolphins didn't pick him up until after the draft as well). I'm not even sure who was the starter prior to that season, Beck? Lemon?

And Lastly, Glenn Dorsey was touted as a near guaranteed prospect (it wasn't until a few days before the draft that I heard anything serious about his knees).

I'm not saying it was an incredibly difficult decision for Parcells, but it certainly wasn't an automatic decision. If nothing else, their QB situation made that decision way more difficult than you're eluding to.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  Would Cowher really demand full control? It's not something he ever had in Pittsburgh, and I'm sure he'd be much more comfortable installing his own personnel guy so he can focus on coaching.

If anything, I think coaching in Pittsburgh showed him how truly valuable a good front office is and how much it helps a coach.
                  That is it. Both guys would want to work with people they are comfortable with.

I could be wrong about Parcells, I just expect he'd want to work with someone that he knows and be pretty sure get along with well.

Full control wasn't a very good term.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                    Somehow I don't think that'd go over very well...

I could see him going to Buffalo. Would complete his tour of the AFC East.
                    I know haha. Complete joke. But if resentment and hatred didn't exist, that could work out very well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Parcells is the best drafter of defensive players in the history of the league.

He is simply AMAZING at picking defensive linemen and linebackers: Carl Banks, Pepper Johnson, Willie McGinnest, Teddy Bruschi, John Abraham, James Farrior, Marcus Spears, Jay Ratliff, DeMarcus Ware...

Comment

He has been great for Miami. Remember drafting is only part of the process of building up a franchise, even though it is a major part of quality franchises.

He clearly loves to be involved with football but doesn't want the demanding job of being a GM. I don't see him leaving to go to somewhere like Buffalo, maybe SF or some other non cold weather environment. He might just either retire or just stay in an even less active role.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          Will never happen. Parcells and Belichick are both way too established to take a backseat to someone else. I'm sure the mutual respect is there but Parcells won't play second fiddle to one of his former assistants and Belichick, arguably the greatest football coach of all time, won't go back to being an underling, either.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                            Will never happen. Parcells and Belichick are both way too established to take a backseat to someone else. I'm sure the mutual respect is there but Parcells won't play second fiddle to one of his former assistants and Belichick, arguably the greatest football coach of all time, won't go back to being an underling, either.
                            It was a complete joke, mostly because I'm fairly certain they still resent the hell out of eachother after the Jets thing, at least a little bit. It would workout very well if it did happen though, considering Parcells' strength is finding the exact type of players we currently need.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Detroit does not need him,They are rebuilding good themselves. The Bills would be the Best place get a new Coach like Jim Harbaugh, Draft Luck and to say he has been with every team in the AFC East.

Comment

not buying it but there's been speculation abou Parcells joining his son-in-law in KC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information