Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN asked coaches in MNF to take timeouts late in game

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-jack-del-rio/

This raises serious issues on the influence of network power on the actual outcome of games. It also makes me dislike Del Rio even more.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ake-time-outs/

lol j/k?

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

This should be what the NFL focuses on right now, not hitting people to hard. This is just absolutely ridiculous.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

that little thing going on beneath the mustache, that's some real solid evidence they have there

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

For what it's worth, I watched the postgame presser and that's not Fisher's joking face.

Fisher has a smirk whenever he gives a sarcastic reply, and doesn't usually get that animated.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I doubt that Del Rio used timeouts cause ESPN asked him to. I expect and hope that he was going to do it regardless.

I really can't see any head coach caring about what a network wants him to do.

Comment

You guys shouldn't be surprised, I'm sure it happens more often than not. Unfortunately.
              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

It's been confirmed that Fish wasn't joking.

“At the two-minute warning in every game in the fourth quarter, there are conversations that go by. There's conversations that take place at the two-minute warning before the first half. But there's conversations that take place, and it's the official's responsibility to give the head coach a status of commercials and TV timeouts,” Fisher said. “Yesterday, I was told that they were two short. And they looked at me and smiled, and I said, 'Sorry, I can't help you.' Mike Carey came across and said, 'Here's the deal. We're two short.' And I said, 'Mike, I can't help you. I'm trying to get a first down and I'm gonna kneel on it.'”

Fisher said he did not fault Del Rio for calling the timeouts, no matter his intent.

“Jack used his timeouts. Whether Jack used his timeouts because the official said we're two commercials short, or he used them to stop the clock to get his quarterback Trent Edwards some reps remains to be seen,” Fisher said. “My feeling is I had no issue with him using the timeouts. I completely understand. You've got a backup quarterback in that's been there for what, two weeks, and he wants to get him some reps. So I completely understand it, even though the game was out of reach.”
                http://ten.247sports.com/Article/Fis...n-vs-Jags-3512
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I hate TV timeouts sooooo stupid.

If the NFL want to put a good product out there for me, do away with that bullshiit.

Comment

ESPN wants to make money. Big surprise.

Whenever a game cuts away to commecial, I flip to another game or another show. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                      I hate TV timeouts sooooo stupid.

If the NFL want to put a good product out there for me, do away with that bullshiit.
                      You do understand how marketing/advertisements work right?

No commercials, no money, no production.

Now, they do go overboard with how many they take, but TV timeouts especially at this stage of sports production where you are looking at a ridiculous amount of money each game are necessary.

I worked for a local sports station and we had mandatory TV timeouts as well because we had to pay for the production and keep our sponsors happy.

Do they need to go to a timeout after every punt/kickoff/turnover? Probably not and that is where it gets ridiculous, but TV timeouts have to happen.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Or I guess they could just put the product on PPV and completely eliminate commercials, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Worst part of it is though is that when you switch to the other game (CBS or Fox), they are usually going to a timeout as well. It's like they synchronize these things.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                          Do they need to go to a timeout after every punt/kickoff/turnover? Probably not and that is where it gets ridiculous, but TV timeouts have to happen.
                          What I do is after a drive is over, I know they are going to punt/kick, and the punt/kick will be bookended by two commercial blocks. So I stay away from the game for a predetermined set of time, like 6 minutes, and then I usually make it back in time for the next drive.

I kind of like the fact that each kickoff/punt is surrounded by two blocks of commercials because it makes it easy to skip over - I don't really care too much what happens during the punt return or kick return anyway.

Comment

I understand that. But they take so many and sometimes in the middle of drives.

Why can't you take them, after TD, after KR, after PR during reviews. That is usually when they have the most time. Even during Time outs.

I wonder how soccer makes money?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                              Or I guess they could just put the product on PPV and completely eliminate commercials, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Worst part of it is though is that when you switch to the other game (CBS or Fox), they are usually going to a timeout as well. It's like they synchronize these things.
                              You should see NFL GameMix for Sunday Ticket. Five out of the eight games will be synchronized and showing the exact succession of commercials at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information