No announcement yet.

Week 7 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if I would put Steelers and Jets into "Great" category.

Both teams got fairly lucky to win their last games with questionable calls (yes, that was pass-interference in the Jets game).

Don't get me wrong, they are certainly SB contenders, but I don't see much of separation between top 10 teams in the league right now.

Comment

• There's a significant dropoff from the falcons to the eagles? I know it's just one game, but we handled them pretty easily in every phase of the game... with Kevin Kolb at QB.
      Last edited by Go_Eagles77; 10-26-2010, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
        There's a significant dropoff from the falcons to the eagles? I know it's just one game, but we handled them pretty easily in every phase of the game... with Kevin Kolb at QB.
        The part in bold is the important part to me. Kolb could be good or he could've just caught lightning in a bottle. If Vick comes back and plays like he was playing the Eagles will jump up a notch at least. But I am still waiting and seeing with the QB situation and there's no guarantee on DJax coming back at 100% effectiveness after the bye.

The Colts demolished the Giants, but I would consider the Giants the better team right now.

Comment

• Pats > Titans right now. I'll take Brady over Collins, and our defense surprisingly is playing very well.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
            I don't disagree with that but IMO there are some AFC teams that are clearly on a level that the NFC doesn't have. The Jets and Steelers (possibly Titans if Collins plays like he did in 2008 ) are all talented enough AND balanced enough to beat anyone in the league 7 or 8 times out of 10. Then you have a 2nd tier of teams like the Pats, Ravens, Chiefs, and Colts (who may drop off with all the injuries) that are about equal with what the NFC has to offer.

Here would be my general ranking for all of the NFL:

AFC
            NFC

Great: Jets, Steelers

Very Good: Titans, Giants

Good: Pats, Ravens, Chiefs, Colts, Dolphins, Falcons, Saints, Packers

-------Significant Dropoff--------------

Mediocre: Texans, Raiders, Bears, Bucs, Seahawks, Redskins, Eagles, Rams

-------Significant Dropoff--------------

Poor: Bengals, Chargers, Vikings

Very Poor: Bills, Browns, Jaguars, Broncos, Cowboys, Lions, 49ers, Panthers, Cardinals

8 of 12 of the top teams are AFC teams, whereas the bulk of NFC teams are either mediocre or worse.
            The Lions throttle the ever loving **** out of the Rams and barely lose to the Bears, Giants, Packers and Eagles without their starting QB, and yet they're poor?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              The Lions throttle the ever loving **** out of the Rams and barely lose to the Bears, Giants, Packers and Eagles without their starting QB, and yet they're poor?
              Very poor.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                Very poor.
                It's going to be a nice solid raping in a couple of weeks.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                  I don't disagree with that but IMO there are some AFC teams that are clearly on a level that the NFC doesn't have. The Jets and Steelers (possibly Titans if Collins plays like he did in 2008 ) .
                  Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                  Pats > Titans right now. I'll take Brady over Collins, and our defense surprisingly is playing very well.

Why is collins being talked about here? He's the backup, he was filling in for vince due to injury. VY will probably be back this week and if not definitely back after the bye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    This is true. But the whole reason he is on the team is because Jerry Jones is GM. He is on the team because he went to Arkansas and Jones couldn't work a deal to trade up for McFadden.
                    Evidenced by how many Arkansas players Jerry always drafts. Right? O wait.....

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Now I gotta hope you guys start winning, I don't want Peterson or Prince on the Cowboys.

Hopefully Jerry Jones does something really dumb. Like draft a white running back or something.

(was a joke btw for the sensitive ones out there)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fadetoblack View Post
                        Why is collins being talked about here? He's the backup, he was filling in for vince due to injury. VY will probably be back this week and if not definitely back after the bye.
                        Ok fair enough. Pats> Titans because I'll take Brady over VY, is that better?

Originally posted by WMD
                        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                        Originally posted by gpngc
                        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          It's going to be a nice solid raping in a couple of weeks.
                          At least you don't have any delusions about what Fitzy is going to do to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                            Ok fair enough. Pats> Titans because I'll take Brady over VY, is that better?
                            yes that is much better, its hard for me to bear the thought of collins starting an extended period of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fadetoblack View Post
                              yes that is much better, its hard for me to bear the thought of collins starting an extended period of time.
                              Lol? too much hate for Collins, yeah he is old but **** he probably makes better throws/decisions than that Favre character atm. I like VY but Collins old man game led you guys into the playoffs along with a great defense which I think the Titans are close to having.
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                              Coples is that dude.
                              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                                At least you don't have any delusions about what Fitzy is going to do to you.
                                Do you have delusions about what the Best/Stafford/Johnson trio will do to you?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information