Week 7 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
    Lol? too much hate for Collins, yeah he is old but **** he probably makes better throws/decisions than that Favre character atm. I like VY but Collins old man game led you guys into the playoffs along with a great defense which I think the Titans are close to having.
    VY never led is to the playoffs?

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
    Pats > Titans right now. I'll take Brady over Collins, and our defense surprisingly is playing very well.
    Our Defense>Pats D

I'm good with Vince young as our QB, CJ as RB and Kenny Britt as our #1 WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
      VY never led is to the playoffs?.

Lol what I am saying is having a backup as good/smart as Collins is truely something nice to have.
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
      Coples is that dude.
      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
        Lol what I am saying is having a backup as good/smart as Collins is truely something nice to have.
        This is true he's one of the better back ups in the league, but thats as far as it goes, he's a good back-up. I'm not saying i want him off the team, i'm merely saying I don't want to see him starting for an extended period of time. It's a similar situation to the eagles. Kolb is very good as far as back-ups are concerned, but i'm pretty sure a lot of eagles fans can't wait for Vick to get back, and would prefer to not have Kolb starting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
          There's a significant dropoff from the falcons to the eagles? I know it's just one game, but we handled them pretty easily in every phase of the game... with Kevin Kolb at QB.
          It's just one game. The Eagles just got handled by the Titans...with Kerry Collins at QB. Does that mean there's a significant dropoff between the Eagles and Titans?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Now I gotta hope you guys start winning, I don't want Peterson or Prince on the Cowboys.

Hopefully Jerry Jones does something really dumb. Like draft a white running back or something.

(was a joke btw for the sensitive ones out there)
            Instead of finally infusing some talent into the offensive line, he'll probably use their top 10 draft pick on a safety or runningback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fadetoblack View Post
              This is true he's one of the better back ups in the league, but thats as far as it goes, he's a good back-up. I'm not saying i want him off the team, i'm merely saying I don't want to see him starting for an extended period of time. It's a similar situation to the eagles. Kolb is very good as far as back-ups are concerned, but i'm pretty sure a lot of eagles fans can't wait for Vick to get back, and would prefer to not have Kolb starting.
              Is VY a good enough QB to get Britt the ball consistently? I have my doubts. He was showing signs in the 2nd half of last year but this year he's been underwhelming. I know your offense runs through CJ2K but I think Britt is a special player and could be a lot more than what he's shown this year outside of last Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                Instead of finally infusing some talent into the offensive line, he'll probably use their top 10 draft pick on a safety or runningback.
                Funny thing is, there is no safety, running back or, as of right now, offensive lineman worth a top-10 pick. Peterson or Amukamara would be great picks for them imo.

Or, barring that, there are a number of guys who would be great 3-4 DEs.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                  Is VY a good enough QB to get Britt the ball consistently? I have my doubts. He was showing signs in the 2nd half of last year but this year he's been underwhelming. I know your offense runs through CJ2K but I think Britt is a special player and could be a lot more than what he's shown this year outside of last Sunday.
                  ? I think most Titans fans would agree he has taken a step foward this year. His only bad game came against Pitt.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                  I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    A RB? Honestly their may not even be a lineman period worth the pick where we may end up. Do you see any lineman worth a top 10 pick? I don't. And FWIW a CB is probably more important then anything. Scandrick is a POS, Newman is getting older and still injury prone, and you can't draft JAG's with that position and continually hope they work(unless your the Titans obviously).

I'd love a lineman, but I don't see many Guards, RT's, or Centers being picked in the top 12 picks of the drafts. And for arguments sake what interior lineman, or RT was worth the late 1st rd pick we had last year? To my memory Charles Brown was the closest and he is purely a LT, anyone else you'd have to pick someone on hindsight due to how well their playing now and they wouldn't have graded out anywhere near as good as Dez.

It would be a perfect year to grab an elite tackle but there are none. Taking one of the top 3 CB's is gonna help us alot more then anything else.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post

Honestly VY was getting the ball to Britt pretty reliable, he's not ever gonna be a Drew Brees but he's played very well and done a great job getting Britt involved. Britt has to take alot of the responsibility on his own, not being in great shape in the off-season, and alot of other issues could have prolonged this sort of game where he could have started the season off much better.

Or it could be credited to the Eagles sorry ass DB's because honestly on alot of his long plays I have no idea what anyone was doing in the secondary, he didn't even really have to beat anyone straight up with tight coverage on most of the plays.

Not to discredit Britt because I think he's a Brandon Marshall clone that can take over games, but that coverage was attrocious.

Comment

• Vince Young is a glorified caretaker QB. If he didn't have such hype, such accolades and such athleticism no one would take note of his play. He has been smart with the football, sans Steelers game, and his team was able to win with its run game and defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                          Vince Young is a glorified caretaker QB. If he didn't have such hype, such accolades and such athleticism no one would take note of his play. He has been smart with the football, sans Steelers game, and his team was able to win with its run game and defense.
                          He's also shown he can win games with his arm, or legs if need be also. You act like Tennessee is a place where they are looking for a QB to throw the ball around all game with 4 WR sets. That's not even their style of play, he plays within the system, but I don't think there is any question he can win a game if he needs to by throwing the ball, and he can beat a defense if they put 8 in the box.

People were saying the same things about Big Ben until the entire offense changed their identity and started spreading things out and letting him throw the entire game instead of being a running team.

Comment

• Britt liked Collins because it was like the good ol days in college. An immobile QB just throwing lobs and **** to him, and him just beasting.
                            but Kerry sucks.
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I hate how the game manager label has turned into a bad thing in today's NFL.

There's nothing wrong with managing the game if you have a great defense and run game. In fact, I think its welcomed. Just make the plays when you need em in the 4th quarter.

Comment

• LOL at this article. Scroll down. Thought he might be making a comeback and got a little excited, but I walk away disappointed by this error....

http://naptownsfinest.com/2010/10/26...more-nfl-news/
                                Just play me, baby

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information