Best Team in the NFC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
    I gotta say...the Bears and Michael Vick have been getting way too much love from the football world in general.
    The Bears are a mess. Cutler is going to get killed back there with these sacks.
    Mono & BMB, I agree. The Bears bought a useless commodity, the QB who can't be protected b/c their inept, shortsighted FO tried to plug in retread O-linemen (see Orlando Pace) & extending the mileage of their current bunch instead of drafting & developing some help for the long term. Chris Williams was expected to be a standout in his 3rd yr, how's that been working out? Now the short term is biting Cutler in the butt, or rather in his head with concussions. The pass rushers know about his vulnerability so he is obviously gunshy now & looking to run out of the pocket instead of looking for receiver no. 2 or 3 & it shows in their offense.

But the Bears make good copy & the pundits, while not necessarily loving them, love to talk about them, especially that ignoramus Ditka who is still riding his 85 Bears SB win into eternity, analyzing them to death every Sunday, why ESPN provides him employment IDK.

And Vick is, as always, a headline grabber, the media forgot overnight about his Federal criminal status, his decline in Atlanta before he was indicted & how much of a gamble he is, they act like the Eagles are doing him a favor by giving him a job & forgetting about how 75% of the league rejected him for lots of good reasons when he went back on the mkt. Had Kolb even remotely lived up to expectations he wouldn't be in Philly at all. Vick folded in Atlanta & threw away as many games as he won, if we base the present on the recent past we can assume he will do the same with the Eagles at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
      I gotta say...the Bears and Michael Vick have been getting way too much love from the football world in general.
      This. I know the the nfl is one game at a time but did anyone see that the bears just lost to the seahawks at home. The seahawks have been atrocious on the road, i could give you all the stats from the game but ill give you one that says the bears are not that good. 0-12 on third down against the seahawks 30th? ranked passing defense. Bears definitely got lucky to go 4-1.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
      Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
        Mono & BMB, I agree. The Bears bought a useless commodity, the QB who can't be protected b/c their inept, shortsighted FO tried to plug in retread O-linemen (see Orlando Pace) & extending the mileage of their current bunch instead of drafting & developing some help for the long term. Chris Williams was expected to be a standout in his 3rd yr, how's that been working out? Now the short term is biting Cutler in the butt, or rather in his head with concussions. The pass rushers know about his vulnerability so he is obviously gunshy now & looking to run out of the pocket instead of looking for receiver no. 2 or 3 & it shows in their offense.

But the Bears make good copy & the pundits, while not necessarily loving them, love to talk about them, especially that ignoramus Ditka who is still riding his 85 Bears SB win into eternity, analyzing them to death every Sunday, why ESPN provides him employment IDK.

I just don't think they are a talented team specifically on offense. Forte is avg even if that, and Hester and Knox are very fast but ok WRs. Their OL stinks, and their QB is getting killed. Offensively they are not a talented team. They have a good record, but I wouldn't put them ahead of teams because of that. I think as the season goes they will drop back down to reality.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
          Ray Lewis has played in a 3-4 for much of his career.
          And don't you remember that time prior to 2006 when Lewis was begging the Ravens to draft a big DT to protect him from offensive linemen? And then the Ravens drafted 6'4" 350lb Haloti Ngata? The only reason Lewis is productive now is because the Ravens plugged that man-beast into their 3-4 front. Otherwise, they would have had to revert back to a 4-3 to keep Ray productive.

Defensive front is overstated. They're just not playing well as a unit. Orakpo just had 11 sacks as an OLB last year. It's not the system so much as it is Haynesworth being a douche and I'll guess a drop in secondary play besides Landry.
          It *is* the system, however. There is a huge difference in playing 3-4 OLB and playing 4-3 DE for guys like Andre Carter and Brian Orakpo. And similarly, there is a huge difference for undersized linebackers like London Fletcher in playing behind a 4-man front and playing behind a 3-man front.

Comment

It's true all London Fletcher has done his entire career is tackle anything in sight, this year however it's so sad to see him engulfed by double team guards. I have never prior to this year seen him struggle with shedding off blocks but this year he is being taken out of plays. I am actually shocke at how well Rocky McIntosh is coping with being an ILB when he's a natural 43 WLB. Orakpo is the only linebacker who is not affected because he basically rushes on every play. Andre Carter has already been removed from linebacking duties as we all knew it would happen. If he couldn't cut it as an OLB in San Fran like 6 years ago why would he now that he's lost explosiveness. I admire him but our starting OLB now opposite of Brian Orakpo is Lorenzo Alexander. He made the conversion from being a DT/OT hybrid from years past. He should be playing inside but sadly is our best option outside. We'd like to have HB Blades inside and kick out Rocky outside, but having Fletcher and Blades as your ILB's is asking for a Jamal Lewis rushing day every week. As far as our D-line Kemo is ok but doesn't command double teams. Carriker is just there. I guess he's solid although he loses contain a lot. The only positive in our D-line is on pass rush downs when Andre Carter can get in there. As far as Haynesworth when he has been in there half of the time he's useless because he will do his usual thing and shoot a gap. Great for him he gets penetration but when you are shooting gaps in a 34 you are leaving a gap as wide as a 16 wheeler. As far as the secondary Deangelo is ok, makes plays but has mental lapses. Carlos Rogers I just want to cut that guys hands off because he has no other use for the. FS is our biggest problem. Doughty blows and Kareem Moore should just be a backup. Thank God for Landry, he has saved this team way too many times, and this is coming from a guy who was ready to move on from Landry before the season. The move to SS where I always felt he belonged has finally put him at a level which can be considered in the upper echeleon of the NFL. As the deep FS the past few years he had been horrific.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

You all look completely foolish now: the Saints are better than the Falcons huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                You all look completely foolish now: the Saints are better than the Falcons huh?
                Football is a game of match ups. I would certainly like to see what happens when they play again. Seems like injuries and superbowl hang over is an issue this year. Now they have the bullseye on their back so interesting to see how they rebound. I still don't think the Falcons are a good team. I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints are a better team who are just not playing well. The talent is still there though.

Comment

Um yeah... the NFC blows pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                    Football is a game of match ups. I would certainly like to see what happens when they play again. Seems like injuries and superbowl hang over is an issue this year. Now they have the bullseye on their back so interesting to see how they rebound. I still don't think the Falcons are a good team. I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints are a better team who are just not playing well. The talent is still there though.

They got their asses handed to them by the BROWNS, in the SUPERDOME.

Comment

• Brees isnt going to throw 4 picks every game. But yeah they dont look good, and the Falcons did this week. Theres a long way to go here.

Originally posted by WMD
                      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                      Originally posted by gpngc
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Brees has been consistently mediocre for most of the season, it's not a one game fluke.

Comment

• Redskins D played pretty well today.

Comment

• Well entering the season I had the Cowboys going to the Super Bowl from the NFC. I quickly changed that to the Saints repeating. I am still on that wagon, but I am still very much on the edge of going to the Falcons....

Comment

• Originally posted by McBain View Post
                              Redskins D played pretty well today.
                              everybody plays well against the bears offense

Comment

• The best team in the NFC is not staying the same from week to week. We can debate it all we want, but I don't think anyone has much idea who will be the team that represents the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information