Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
    ahahha WTF?

I'm not saying handing it over, but the odds are in AFC favor. There is no world beater team like there was in 2008. But come on that was a F'in sweet superbowl, one of the best. The ohhh he is sacked, nooo he is no...ahhhhh he is, nooo he is good, OMG he threw it... hhhhaaaaaa he caught it WTF hhaaaaa.

Also Steelers win it, against the....Giants.
    I think the Rams kool aid I was drinking had some stuff in it. And yeah, the Giants were fortunate, but they won. But yeah I'd agree the AFC is the prohibitive favorite.

Comment

• Matt Ryan is on pace for 3,900 yards, 28 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. His passer rating is smack dab in the middle of Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers! Yet, he is "mediocre" and a reason to dismiss the Falcons as the top team in the NFC.

Where is njx's eyeroll emoticon where I need it?

Comment

• The opposite would have happened in the Georgia Dome, where the Falcons are 17-1 in the last 18 games. Home field advantage will be a big deal and I don't see the Eagles have a better record than the Falcons at all. Atlanta's schedule from here out is much easier than their first half.
        I think the Eagles are a better team than the Falcons. I just don't see you guys as a good team. If you guys beat the Eagles than yeah, but you guys got your clocks cleaned out. Could you have won at home? Perhaps, but one thing I learned from coaching, and watching the game, is that nothing is for sure in this league. You very well could have played them at home only to lose. When you guys had a chance to show the NFC how good you guys are, you failed to do so.

It's like that for us tonight. We have to win to take the division lead AND to make a statement to the rest of the NFC. If we lose to go 4-3 than we failed to distinguish ourselves. That's on us then. But we NEED this game to show everyone we mean business. Losing this game would be a set back.

Comment

• The Packers with Clay Matthews. Without Matthews, we're not even close. That's how vital he is to our team.

Comment

• I was so happy that Green Bay won last night. I would much rather face the Packers than the Vikings in a playoff match-up. I wouldn't have said that earlier in the season, but they have lost so many key guys that they will have a hard time playing so thin from here on out.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
              The Packers with Clay Matthews. Without Matthews, we're not even close. That's how vital he is to our team.
              We can say the same with our pass rushers. When our pass rushers are on, game over. Evidence of this was the superbowl. Now we are slowly developing JPP and waiting on word for Kiwi. If Kiwi comes back and JPP progresses, then our pass rush increases 100 fold.

Comment

• I think his point was that we only have 1 pass rusher and when we don't have him, our defense is crap. You guys (Giants) have a couple good ones, all important, but you're not like us where we completely rely on 1 guy for our defense.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                  If we lose to go 4-3 than we failed to distinguish ourselves.
                  That's the weird thing. You lose and you have 3 losses, Saints have 3 losses, and Dallas only has 4. It's just a wacky ass year and everyone is still really in the hunt. Nobody will know who is gonna represent the NFC in the Superbowl until the hottest team emerges in December.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    That's the weird thing. You lose and you have 3 losses, Saints have 3 losses, and Dallas only has 4. It's just a wacky ass year and everyone is still really in the hunt. Nobody will know who is gonna represent the NFC in the Superbowl until the hottest team emerges in December.

Yeah who knows, maybe a team not in the running can string together a great run and carry it through. I prefer it wide open like this than having 1 clear cut team.

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                      I think his point was that we only have 1 pass rusher and when we don't have him, our defense is crap. You guys (Giants) have a couple good ones, all important, but you're not like us where we completely rely on 1 guy for our defense.
                      That's false. Cullen Jenkins is a very good interior pass-rusher, and had 4 sacks thru 6 games, but he injured himself last night in pregame warmups.

A combination of injuries and ineffectiveness have left the pre-season top 4 Cowboys, Vikings, Packers and Saints with a combined record of 11-14.

Meanwhile, the Bucs, Falcons and Seahawks -- three teams that missed the playoffs last season -- all have an NFC-low two losses.

All 4 NFC divisions are currently being led by teams that did not go to the playoffs last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                        We can say the same with our pass rushers. When our pass rushers are on, game over. Evidence of this was the superbowl. Now we are slowly developing JPP and waiting on word for Kiwi. If Kiwi comes back and JPP progresses, then our pass rush increases 100 fold.
                        It's not about Clay Matthews being 'on', but just on the field, we're so much better.

Comment

• I'd say the Giants clearly are the best team in the NFC.
                          At the moment.
                          The Falcons are next..... then there are cases for a lot of teams.

But most times the best team in late-October is not the best team in late-January.

When the Giants won their Super Bowl in the 2007-08 season, they were far from the best team in the NFC in October.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information