No announcement yet.

Jared Gaither placed on IR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is going to make bank this offseason. 24 year old LTs shouldn't be availible in free agency.

No way the Ravens bring him back either. Ngata is much more of a priority.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      I also doubt he would go anywhere to sign as one.
      I agree. He was already upset about the change to RT, and with him being in Free Agency he'll have his choice of where he wants to play and probably won't even sign to play RT.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if the Giants gave him a look. We could use a LT badly. Move Diehl to LG, play Andrews at RT, then we'd just need a Center (maybe, Koets looked impressive) and we'd be good to go.

Comment

Jared Gaither is the biggest bum ever. Any team that gives him a Marcus McNeil type contract is taking a huge risk.

I don't see where his motivation would be after he gets paid.

Comment

What a disappointing season for him. I think everyone who has been following the situation closely realizes that this has nothing to do with a back injury. He's been livid with the organization since they drafted Oher and refused to give him a new contract, and he took his move to the right side as a demotion rather then a new opportunity. Horrible attitude. I would think at this point that this is the end of the relationship between the two, and Im sure he will be gone as a FA. Its too bad as well, because bookend tackles are a rare commodity in the NFL.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              I know, I was exaggerating, but he's still old as hell. Now granted while I hear he's played pretty solid to OK this year outside of whiffing on Peppers, you have a franchise WR, RB, and QB, franchise LT needs to be addressed soon and since there isn't one worth a top 10 pick I feel like he'd be a decent grab.
              Backus has been more than pretty solid, he's been excellent this year. Most Lions fans felt that if we got a decent left guard, Backus' play would improve greatly and it has since the addition of Rob Sims. After looking solid last year, he's been great this year.

Unless you guys want to just roll with Backus for another 2-3 years and hope that he doesn't fall off any at 34 or 35 years old.
              I agree that we need to find a new left tackle pretty soon, but it's not an immediate need. The right side of the line is an abortion and gives up far more pressure than the left side. We have the worst set of linebackers in the league and one of the worst group of corners in the league. In fact, I'm sure we have the worst back seven in football by a big margin. I'm not sure it's smart to immediately go out and upgrade Backus while we have so many other holes.

Besides, while that Peppers miss may be his only bad play, it only takes 1 devastating hit to knock Stafford out for the season.
              So you're saying that we need a left tackle who never gives up a sack or hit on the quarterback? Pretty sure those don't exist. Who is to say that Jared Gaither or Michael Oher or Joe Thomas or Jake Long also wouldn't have given up a similar hit on the quarterback? According to Football Outsiders, the Lions rank 3rd in the NFL in pass protection and that is with turnstiles at right guard and right tackle. Clearly, the left side of the line must be doing something right.

Comment

Maybe BB can use some of his magic and convince him to come to NE as the full time RT.
                That allows us to move Vollmer as the full time LT. Our bookends would be the biggest in the league and set for the next decade
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                  Maybe BB can use some of his magic and convince him to come to NE as the full time RT.
                  That allows us to move Vollmer as the full time LT. Our bookends would be the biggest in the league and set for the next decade
                  I guarantee you he isn't going to go anywhere and play RT. We play in a division with the Steelers where having a strong RT is almost as important as having a strong LT, and he still took it negatively. Its all about the pay for him...LTs make more then RTs, so he wants to be a LT. He isn't going to NE, he's going somewhere where they will give him serious money to lock down the blindside.

And Gaither is gunna want more money then Mankins wants haha.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

eeehhhhh @ more money than mankins. Good point there, sir
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

This entire situation for him doesn't really make much sense. From what I've seen of the both of them, which isn't as much as Ravens fans, he's outplayed Oher. Jermaine Cunningham is becoming a good player, but he absolutely abused Oher last week and made him look over matched.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Oher hasn't looked great thus far at LT, right now (when healthy) Gaither is definitely better on the left side. I'd rather get Oher as much time at LT as possible though, and it's not like we have any other options.

Comment

yea I said from day 1 we should have kept Gaither at LT and Oher at RT. IDK why we made the switch. Now its all down hill from there.

We have a elite Oline as it is, with Gaither at LT and Oher at RT it would have been better.

Comment

So out of ten, how does Oher look this year?

Comment

I don't think this hurts Gaither in FA. He's shown he can be an elite LT and unlike McNeil he doesn't have a serious degenerative back condition. Then you add the weak draft class at LT and the dearth of quality OL play in the NFL and his value only goes up. This might mean that his contract has less guaranteed money, but he'll still get a massive contract from some team.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              I wouldn't mind if the Giants gave him a look. We could use a LT badly. Move Diehl to LG, play Andrews at RT, then we'd just need a Center (maybe, Koets looked impressive) and we'd be good to go.
                              I'd rather we sign Kalil than Gaither even if the money was equal. Given that I think Kalil would be cheaper I'd definitely much rather see us go after him. Then we add Love, Sherrod or Soldier in the first and our OL is in a good situation.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                                I don't think this hurts Gaither in FA. He's shown he can be an elite LT and unlike McNeil he doesn't have a serious degenerative back condition. Then you add the weak draft class at LT and the dearth of quality OL play in the NFL and his value only goes up. This might mean that his contract has less guaranteed money, but he'll still get a massive contract from some team.

I'd rather we sign Kalil than Gaither even if the money was equal. Given that I think Kalil would be cheaper I'd definitely much rather see us go after him. Then we add Love, Sherrod or Soldier in the first and our OL is in a good situation.
                                I don't see anyway Carolina lets Kalil leave

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information