Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared Gaither placed on IR

Per Adam Schefter twitter:

Baltimore plans to place OT Jared Gaither on season-ending IR with a back injury, according to league source. Roster spot open for Ed Reed.
    http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/28451028584

Looks great for the teams who held off not offering a 1st or 2nd round pick for him, that would of been a disaster. Any idea how this affects him in Free Agency next season? Does he still get a huge contract as a LT for a team like Detroit seeing as how this is a pretty bad class for franchise LT's?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Per Adam Schefter twitter:

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/28451028584

Looks great for the teams who held off not offering a 1st or 2nd round pick for him, that would of been a disaster. Any idea how this affects him in Free Agency next season? Does he still get a huge contract as a LT for a team like Detroit seeing as how this is a pretty bad class for franchise LT's?
    Detroit's major concern for the OL is RT and RG, not LT.

Comment

Originally posted by J255979-11nine View Post
      Yep, may as well just play Jeff Backus until he's 46 years old, who even draft a franchise LT or look to sign one. It's not like it's an important position to lock up longterm or anything.

Comment

Teams like Detroit, Dallas, Buffalo, Oakland, Arizona, Cincinnati, Chicago, and maybe Pittsburgh should be happy. They all could use a starting caliber LT/RT

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Acquiring a guy like Gaither would allow them to move Backus to RT or RG. It'd kill two birds with one stone: upgrade LT and upgrade RT/RG.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Damn it was just a matter of time. With Reed and Ayanbadejo coming back, we need the roster spot.

Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

He's a fantastic player when he's healthy, but this is going to hurt his wallet pretty bad.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Yep, may as well just play Jeff Backus until he's 46 years old, who even draft a franchise LT or look to sign one. It's not like it's an important position to lock up longterm or anything.
                He's 33, not 38.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I don't see any way the Ravens bring Gaither back unless he comes really cheap. This definitely hurts his value as a free agent next season, although BAL might still get something out of him if he's a RFA like I think he is. He's a better fit on the left side anyways, his pass protection is his biggest asset.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    He's 33, not 38.
                    I know, I was exaggerating, but he's still old as hell. Now granted while I hear he's played pretty solid to OK this year outside of whiffing on Peppers, you have a franchise WR, RB, and QB, franchise LT needs to be addressed soon and since there isn't one worth a top 10 pick I feel like he'd be a decent grab.

Unless you guys want to just roll with Backus for another 2-3 years and hope that he doesn't fall off any at 34 or 35 years old. Besides, while that Peppers miss may be his only bad play, it only takes 1 devastating hit to knock Stafford out for the season.

Comment

Trueblood... meet your replacement. Hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by lowlife View Post
                        Trueblood... meet your replacement. Hopefully.
                        Gaither wouldn't be worth the money as a RT.

Comment

Gaither wouldn't be worth the money as a RT.
                          I also doubt he would go anywhere to sign as one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Well if he's gonna be a jerk about it, Penn can play on the right side I guessssss

Comment

Julius Peppers, Clay Matthews and Jared Allen agree with you. Here is to the Lions playing Backus forever! Long live the Backus!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information