Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lovie Smith vs Brad Childress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lovie Smith vs Brad Childress

    Which NFC North coach is worse?

    Not trying to troll here. I will almost guarantee that both fan bases agree that their coaches are just awful. It's almost like these two are trying to outdo each other in awfulness each week.
    52
    Lovie Smith (Chicago Bears)
    42.31%
    22
    Brad Childress (Minnesota Vikings)
    57.69%
    30

  • #2
    They are both awful but I'll vote Childress because Lovie hired Martz to cover up his biggest flaw which worked for a couple of weeks

    Thanks to BK for the sig

    Comment


    • #3
      Childress is just doing so much less with so much more.


      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

      Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

      Comment


      • #4
        Lovie is an ok coach, and coaches the D pretty well, solid coach nothing special.

        Childress has a much more talented team (including one of the most talented running backs in the NFL) that he finds a way to lose with on a weekly basis. His offensive gameplans are horrendous and he really is screwing Peterson over with the way he subs him in and makes it blatant hes getting the ball.
        Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
        Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'll vote Childress. Lovie got his team to the super bowl with Rex Grossman. Childress only got to the AFC with a much more talented team.


          Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

          Comment


          • #6
            The pain you feel as a fan when Lovie throws the challenge flag is unmatched by just about anything else in the sporting world....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by hockey619 View Post
              Lovie is an ok coach, and coaches the D pretty well, solid coach nothing special.
              Spoken like someone who hasn't watched very many Bears games.

              Lovie is hands-down the worst coach I have ever seen as far as challenges go...and he's pretty high up on the list for timeouts, too. He's also not coaching the defense. He did that last year, and it sucked. It's Marinelli now.

              I'd gladly give up a third round pick and Lovie for Childress. Not saying Childress is good (he's not!), but he's a freaking genius in comparison.

              Keep in mind that Lovie called a timeout when:
              1) there were seconds left in a tied fourth quarter
              2) it was fourth down
              3) the opposing team had the ball
              4) the opposing team was out of timeouts
              5) the opposing team was out of field goal range
              6) the opposing team was walking off of the field to prepare for OT
              7) IT WAS A PLAYOFF GAME!

              I said it then, I say it now. He should have been fired, dragged out behind Halas Hall, and shot the next day.

              Comment


              • #8
                Chilly just decided to give up the last 24 seconds of the first half with two time outs and Randy Moss on his team. He is the worst.

                Bonekrusher.

                Originally posted by JordanTaber
                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by prock View Post
                  Chilly just decided to give up the last 24 seconds of the first half with two time outs and Randy Moss on his team. He is the worst.
                  Lovie Smith decided it was acceptable to go for it on 4th and goal when a FG would have put them ahead.

                  Boom. Poor coaching Trump card.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That is true... But Lovie's team isn't any good, and we should be very good, Chilly is ******* holding us back.

                    Bonekrusher.

                    Originally posted by JordanTaber
                    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                      Spoken like someone who hasn't watched very many Bears games.

                      Lovie is hands-down the worst coach I have ever seen as far as challenges go...and he's pretty high up on the list for timeouts, too. He's also not coaching the defense. He did that last year, and it sucked. It's Marinelli now.

                      I'd gladly give up a third round pick and Lovie for Childress. Not saying Childress is good (he's not!), but he's a freaking genius in comparison.

                      Keep in mind that Lovie called a timeout when:
                      1) there were seconds left in a tied fourth quarter
                      2) it was fourth down
                      3) the opposing team had the ball
                      4) the opposing team was out of timeouts
                      5) the opposing team was out of field goal range
                      6) the opposing team was walking off of the field to prepare for OT
                      7) IT WAS A PLAYOFF GAME!

                      I said it then, I say it now. He should have been fired, dragged out behind Halas Hall, and shot the next day.
                      When was that?! I don't remember.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        When was that?! I don't remember.
                        Bears against Seahawks back in the 06 season I believe. He was hoping they'd punt to Hester.....sigh.

                        People not voting for Lovie haven't watched enough Bears games.

                        There was also the near legendary time Lovie called a timeout so he could challenge, challenged, then lost the challenge and another timeout.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          People not voting for Lovie have watched too many Vikings games, that is the problem.

                          Bonekrusher.

                          Originally posted by JordanTaber
                          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            Bears against Seahawks back in the 06 season I believe. He was hoping they'd punt to Hester.....sigh.

                            People not voting for Lovie haven't watched enough Bears games.

                            There was also the near legendary time Lovie called a timeout so he could challenge, challenged, then lost the challenge and another timeout.
                            Andy Reid did that once, too. But I'm sure that doesn't surprise you, haha. So pointless.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I love Childress the talent developer and roster constructor, I absolutely hate him as a coach and play caller.

                              Childress would probably be an awesome college coach, he really has done a good job of assessing players and getting good production from them but his playcalling is just horrific.

                              Lovie just looks confused permanently. I actually think I prefer Childress to be honest but I don't want either of them calling plays, that is for sure!


                              Props to BK on the sig!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information