Lovie Smith vs Brad Childress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
    Spoken like someone who hasn't watched very many Bears games.

Lovie is hands-down the worst coach I have ever seen as far as challenges go...and he's pretty high up on the list for timeouts, too. He's also not coaching the defense. He did that last year, and it sucked. It's Marinelli now.

I'd gladly give up a third round pick and Lovie for Childress. Not saying Childress is good (he's not!), but he's a freaking genius in comparison.

Keep in mind that Lovie called a timeout when:
    1) there were seconds left in a tied fourth quarter
    2) it was fourth down
    3) the opposing team had the ball
    4) the opposing team was out of timeouts
    5) the opposing team was out of field goal range
    6) the opposing team was walking off of the field to prepare for OT
    7) IT WAS A PLAYOFF GAME!

I said it then, I say it now. He should have been fired, dragged out behind Halas Hall, and shot the next day.

Except ive seen lovie coach a team to the super bowl with rex ******* grossman as the quarterback and no legitimate wr's to bail him out.

And im not saying hes a superstar coach whos got his crap together, i mean my giants went apeshit on his O-line and he did nothing about it, just stood their looking confused. Hes done a good job at times, but i dont think hes good in game making adjustments and thinking on his feet.

And ive watched brad childress sabotage a very talented team while investing the future of the team in Tarvaris Jackson despite having seen him suck constantly time after time after time. Ive actually seen the Vikings quite a few times this and last year in their primetime games and this is the first time ive seen childress stick with the run in a close game and not just panic and start throwing non stop. *sob* they grow up so fast.
    Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
    Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
      Chilly just decided to give up the last 24 seconds of the first half with two time outs and Randy Moss on his team. He is the worst.

This kills me i hate when coaches do this.

He has absolutely no balls that was pathetic.
      Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
      Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Both coaches are terrible, but I give the edge to Lovie because I've been wondering for longer why he still has a job.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

If we don't quit in the first half and get a field goal, we win easily. I hate Chilly.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            Both coaches are terrible, but I give the edge to Lovie because I've been wondering for longer why he still has a job.
            McCaskeys are cheap...He rode a top 5 defense of the last decade and enough "Good Rex" showings and Hester returns to a SB....He's not hard on the players at all so they love him.....

Comment

I think Lovie Smith gets more out of his players than Brad Childress does, he is however, a horrible talent evaluator, makes a lot of bad decisions with lack of adjustments, timeouts and challenges (has he won one yet this year?) and his smug attitude annoys the hell out of everyone.
              Brad Childress, with his play calling and clock management would make me bash several holes in my wall with my skull.

Comment

I think Childress would be a great GM. But he doesn't know how to call plays. Wilf needs to get him out of Minnesota. Signing Favre saved his job. I would expect him to be fired mid season if he doesn't start winning games. Leslie Frazier would be a much better coach.

sig by fenikz
                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                You are just a terrible person.
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                  They are both awful but I'll vote Childress because Lovie hired Martz to cover up his biggest flaw which worked for a couple of weeks
                  Lovie hired his buddy, not necessarily the most qualified man for the job. It just so happneed that Martz was out there, he's good with QB's and we needed help in the pass game.

Both are pretty bad head coaches, but obviously I have a bias against Lovie. He's a ******* ass clown. He contradicts himself every post game press conference.

"I supported the game plan we had in place for this week."

Two minutes later...

"We need to run the ball more in the future and not rely so much on the pass game."

He's ******* clueless. You say he coached us to a Super Bowl appearance. I say that talent, Ron Rivera, a sick run game and good Rex got us to the Super Bowl. Once teams figured out his defensive scheme he was too damn stubborn to change it. He hired a yes man and fired Rivera because Ron disagreed with his defensive mentality (Ron wanted to be more aggressive, Lovie wanted to stay with the Tampa-2). He vowed that Babich was the answer and two years later took over. He sucked running the defense last year and hired Marinelli (I'll give him props on this one because our defense has been pretty damn good, although having Peppers, Briggs and Urlacher helps a bit).

And don't even get me started on his ineptness of the offensive side of the ball. He makes Mike Singletary look like Don Coryell as far as offensive knowledge goes. He hired Terry ******* Shea and Ron Turdner to run his offense, both huge misses. On paper Martz appeared to be a decent hire, but he was also a buddy and he forgot the fact that Martz's offense works best when he has an offensive line, two big time WR's, and a HOF QB/RB combo.

The past two weeks he's watched us have an 80/20 run/pass ratio with one of the worst OL's I've ever seen and a unit that can't identify simple pass rushes. I'd rather see us run for 2/3 yards a clip 25+ times than watch Jay get killed, run for his life or throw into triple coverage.

But wait, I thought we "got off the bus running."

Lovie's stubbornness and arrogance will drive you to drink, break a **** ton of remotes and pull your hair out. He'll tell you to trust him and that his system works, even when his team is getting lit up. He even said twice last season (and once so far this year) that he did not have his team fully prepared for the game.

This is pretty much like choosing between two piles of dog ****, but give me the one I haven't smelled yet.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I <3 this thread.
                    I want a sig.

Comment

I would take both over Singletary.

Comment

The worse coach has to be Childress, mainly due to what others have mentioned: he's doing less with more.

Lovie Smith has great players, no doubt about it. But for every good player Lovie has, Childress usually has one better.

Favre and Cutler are both INT prone QB's, even though Favre had a miraculous season last year. Some people say Favre, others Cutler, I say it's basically the same thing.

Adrian Peterson alone is better than Matt Forte and Chester Taylor, probably even combined.

Randy Moss, Percy Harvin, Visanthe Shiancoe, Bernard Berrian, Greg Camarillo, Greg Lewis, and Sidney Rice make up what could very well be the best receiving corps in the NFL. The Bears have Hester and Olsen and Knox, and that's about it.

Lovie has Peppers and Childress has Allen. But Childress also has the Williams Wall and Ray Edwards, who's a more than solid DE. This is one of the best defensive lines in football.

Lovie probably does have a better LB group. Urlacher and Briggs are good players, while Henderson and Greenway are good too, but not at the same level.

When it comes to defensive backs, again, I say push. Winfield, Griffin, Johnson, Williams, Abdullah is an average to above average unit. But the same thing could be said about the Bears. Young players, but not an elite unit by any means.

Minnesota should have fired Childress long ago. There are many teams that fare just as good as the Vikings with much less talent.

If the coaches were in opposite teams (Lovie in Minnesota and Childress in Chicago), the Bears would have never made the Superbowl and the Vikings probably would have won some more games.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

How about Lovie challenging the Earl Bennett catch for a touchdown and losing, then on the very next play not challenging the Jay Cutler goal line QB sneak that would have been ruled a touchdown instead of a fumble!? Classic Lovie. When asked why he didn't challenge the call he said that, "I would've challenged the play if I thought it was a critical play." LOL! I guess the play before where you almost scored was more critical than the play where your team actually scored and GAINED THE LEAD!! AGHHHHHH...calm thoughts.

The play of the team, play calling of the coaches and lack of adjustments has everyone in this city constantly dumbfounded.

Comment

Why doesn't Brad Childress, Lovie Smith, Jason Garret and Mike Singeltary get together and form some super duper coaching staff? 1 word......

Championship

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                              Why doesn't Brad Childress, Lovie Smith, Jason Garret and Mike Singeltary get together and form some super duper coaching staff? 1 word......

Championship
                              Gotta have Matt Millen as your GM too.

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post

Championship
                                Would you settle for Lovie Smith, Mike Martz, Rod Marinelli, and Mike Tice?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information