No announcement yet.

Best Cornerback of 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too wanted Flowers on the Steelers. I think they were interested untill his Facebook drug picture leaked and he got in trouble for it.

Comment

I remember making a thread asking what player you wanted most in the draft, regardless of position. I picked Flowers and was super happy when we took him.

The only reason I told this story was to fully illustrate just how awesome I am. :D

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
        I remember making a thread asking what player you wanted most in the draft, regardless of position. I picked Flowers and was super happy when we took him.

The only reason I told this story was to fully illustrate just how awesome I am. :D
        you're overrated.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
        I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
          you're overrated.
          Don't you ever call vidae overrated.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
            Seriously? Best of all-time? Is he even in the top 10?
            Don't think Ty Law gets into the top 10 myself. People are either too young or too senile to remember guys like:

Herb Adderley
            Mel Blount
            Mike Haynes
            Lester Hayes
            Roger Wehrli
            Night Train Lane

Comment

Too much DeAngelo hate in here.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                Too much DeAngelo hate in here.
                Yea ok dude. The fact that his name has even been mentioned this much in a thread called "best CB of 2010" is recognition enough for him + more.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Don't cry for D Hall, bro. He's still gonna be a starter in the pro bowl with double digit picks this year.
                  As a Skins fan, I'll take that every season.

Comment

Brandon Flowers, close the thread.

Comment

• Someone forgot to mention Orlando Scandrick.

Comment

• Devin McCourty....... Oh wait this is the best CB in the NFL..... Flowers.

Originally posted by WMD
                        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                        Originally posted by gpngc
                        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• This thread is awesome.

DeAngelo Hall is still DeAngelo Hall, he's just in a much better defensive scheme. He gets throw at a ton, gets beat quite often, but he still breaks on the ball about as well as any cornerback in football. He's not a different corner than he was in Oakland, he's just not being asked to do something he's terrible at. Even with the turnovers, there's no way I'd say he's the best or even top 5 in the NFL this year.

Antonio Cromartie has shown a lot of improvement. Props to the kid, I still think he may be the most talented cornerback prospect I've ever seen, and he can still become one hell of a player. With Revis struggling a bit, Cromartie been a huge part of that defense. I'd say he's the most improved guy.

Alterraun Verner has been the best rookie out there, with McCourty as a pretty close second. Both have been really impressive and actually pretty consistent.

Brandon Flowers is this year's Darrelle Revis (if such a label needs to be applied). He's a guy with great hips who can bait quarterbacks and is tremendously physical off the line. This shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone who watched him the last few years (especially last season), but he's clearly having his best year yet. I'd have no problem with saying he's been the best this year.

That said, I think Nnamdi, coming off a year that could be considered a bit lackluster (although he still gave up the fewest receptions of any starting cornerback in the NFL by far), has been ridiculously good this year. He's been following receivers around the field this season and his performance against Larry Fitzgerald was incredible. I'll pick Nnamdi as the best until some passing attack proves otherwise.

Comment

• Flowers by a wide margin, he was my pick last year for DROY and he got snubbed imo, but this year he's made a major case and has performed better than anyone else, scrable's issues and Revis being injured obviously has an impact but Flowers is killin' it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              This thread is awesome.

DeAngelo Hall is still DeAngelo Hall, he's just in a much better defensive scheme. He gets throw at a ton, gets beat quite often, but he still breaks on the ball about as well as any cornerback in football. He's not a different corner than he was in Oakland, he's just not being asked to do something he's terrible at. Even with the turnovers, there's no way I'd say he's the best or even top 5 in the NFL this year.

Antonio Cromartie has shown a lot of improvement. Props to the kid, I still think he may be the most talented cornerback prospect I've ever seen, and he can still become one hell of a player. With Revis struggling a bit, Cromartie been a huge part of that defense. I'd say he's the most improved guy.

Alterraun Verner has been the best rookie out there, with McCourty as a pretty close second. Both have been really impressive and actually pretty consistent.

Brandon Flowers is this year's Darrelle Revis (if such a label needs to be applied). He's a guy with great hips who can bait quarterbacks and is tremendously physical off the line. This shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone who watched him the last few years (especially last season), but he's clearly having his best year yet. I'd have no problem with saying he's been the best this year.

That said, I think Nnamdi, coming off a year that could be considered a bit lackluster (although he still gave up the fewest receptions of any starting cornerback in the NFL by far), has been ridiculously good this year. He's been following receivers around the field this season and his performance against Larry Fitzgerald was incredible. I'll pick Nnamdi as the best until some passing attack proves otherwise.
                              I havent seen the Titans this year so I cant comment on Verner but I have been more than impressed with McCourty. Teams are already picking on the other side of our defense and his physicality is unreal. He also had an awesome pick against Rivers.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Jabari Greer.
                                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information