No announcement yet.

Best Cornerback of 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No way Deangelo Hall is in the top 5 or 10 or cb's in the league. He did have a great game but other then that he gets burnt on the regular

Comment

• It is Brandon Flowers bar none right now looking at the stats and the games. Most consistent.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by DieHardDallasFanInDMV View Post
        No way Deangelo Hall is in the top 5 or 10 or cb's in the league. He did have a great game but other then that he gets burnt on the regular
        says the cowboys fan...one great game huh? remind me how the dallas washington game ended this year?

Comment

• I know it's going to sound homerish, but why is Corey Webster getting no love in this thread? He's been an absolute beast all season.

I agree that Flowers is probably the best right now, but Corey is right there with him. He's given up 9 catches all season. And those 9 catches, I don't even remember any of them, bc they were most likely meaningless dump passes or something. He's been lights out.

Comment

• the game ended in a holding penalty since you forgot. If you wanna make an argument you would bring up the fumble return. But we are talking about the top corners in the league and he isn't one of them.

Comment

• It's obvi. the McCourty's at 1a. and 1b.

and yea, not even a mention of Webster? he hasn't been the best but he's been studly all year.

also, do you think nnamdi gets bored sometimes? Like, hmm, I'll see maybe 3 passes out of 30 in my general area today. Like seriously.
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Honestly, I think Nmandi is overrated by this forum. I think ppl dont' watch the Raiders enough, and just assume Nmandi does his thing and mentions his name.

Ive seen Andre Johnson beat him this year and Ive seen Malcolm Floyd eat his lunch. He got destroyed by SD.

He's great, but he's not this unstoppable force that people make him out to be. Yeah, he doesn't get targeted much, but that's bc Oakland is ******** and only line him up on one side of the field much of the game.

But when he has been lined up with some #1 WRs, I have seen him get beat. The whole "ppl throw away from him" mumbo jumbo works both ways. He's not even covering the best WR on the opposition for most of the game, so of course they'll throw away from him.

That also makes his game look better than it really is. Put him 1 on 1 with Andre Johnson all game, and he'd get burned.

SD wasn't afraid to line up Floyd on him and Floyd burned him.

Nmandi is great, probably top 5 in the league, but he's overrated on this message board.

Comment

• Not as overrated as the NY CBs.
                  Originally posted by SNIPER26
                  fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• i was just saying, look at the number of times he's targeted a game. I'm just saying he probably gets bored at times.
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Revis when healthy is the real deal. He covers the #1 all game and completely shuts them down. This year he's having a down season bc of injuries (his fault to be fair though).

Cro is good, but being overated in this thread. Kyle Wilson needs to learn how to turn his head around or else he's gonna be the next Chris Houston.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                        Not as overrated as the NY CBs.
                        or the Saints CB's.

boosh.
                        We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          i was just saying, look at the number of times he's targeted a game. I'm just saying he probably gets bored at times.
                          No doubt. It must be frustrating as hell for him. He could bait QBs though, which he doesn't do.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                            heh, and we've now come full circle on nnamdi, just like we did on champ. don't worry guys, in one to two years, you'll be able to take this exact post and insert revis's name instead of nnamdi's.

none of which is to knock bbd's post specifically.

but come on. he got beat by andre johnson. sometimes, when you play one of the best players in the league, they'll beat you. it's as non-sensical as when people said that, because champ got beat (on one play) by a still very good terrell owens, he wasn't any good anymore (i also realize that you didn't say he's not good anymore).

further, as i understand it, nnamdi *has* been rotating to the top wr this season. i could definitely be wrong, but i believe that's what was being said earlier in the year.
                            My main point is, with so many people mentioning Nmandi, I question how much of him ppl actually watch. The few times Ive watched him, I thought he was quite good, but not the amazing demigod that he's being portrayed as on this forum.

I could be wrong, but seeing 4 Oakland games this year and seeing him get beat in 2 of them, I don't think he's as good as people are making him out to be.

Having that said, I still said he's top 5 in the league, bc let's face it, there is no such thing as a true shut down CB in the NFL anymore (minus the ridiculous season Revis had last year), so it's not like Im saying he sucks or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Honestly, I think Nmandi is overrated by this forum. I think ppl dont' watch the Raiders enough, and just assume Nmandi does his thing and mentions his name.

Ive seen Andre Johnson beat him this year and Ive seen Malcolm Floyd eat his lunch. He got destroyed by SD.
                              I wonder if you've watched Nnamdi enough. Andre Johnson didn't even play in the game Houston played against Oakland and Malcolm Floyd made two of his eight catches against Nnamdi, the biggest of which was a diving inside route for something like 30 yards.

That's it.

edit - If Nnamdi's not a shutdown corner, tell me how you define the term.
                              Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 10-26-2010, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                                I wonder if you've watched Nnamdi enough. Andre Johnson didn't even play in the game Houston played against Oakland and Malcolm Floyd made two of his eight catches against Nnamdi, the biggest of which was a diving inside route for something like 30 yards.

That's it.
                                You're right. I just had a brain fart. I have no idea why I'm remembering Andre Johnson play him. I think I'm confusing him with somebody else. I have seen 4 Oakland games this year, and I remember him getting beat by 2 guys. I have to go back to the dungeon and look it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information