The Surprise teams through 7 weeks of Football

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Surprise teams through 7 weeks of Football

Yes, there usually is a team or two that will surprise you, so I will analyze all 3 teams.

Kansas City Chiefs (4-2): This team has really proved me something ever since they hung tight in Indy. I think they are playoff contenders right now, as the rest of there division is way behind in the standings right now.

I really like how Matt Cassell has progressed. He was really looking like a FA Bust dating back to last year and the first few games of this young season. That Indy game, they could have won, but Bowe dropped some easy balls, including a TD. Cassell just needs to keep improving. The Running game is absolutely awesome! Jones and Charles are lethal, and McCluster is one heck of a playermaker as a flex WR/RB/KR/PR. Plus I read a stat saying the O-line has only surrendered 5 sacks all year. Great effort.

Defensively, I think things are finally clicking for the Chiefs. Glenn Dorsey is playing exceptionally well and Tamba Hali is living up to the 1st round status hype.

SEASON OUTLOOK: I think they hang in there and take the AFC WEST. I think the Chargers have fell behind too far.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-2): This was shocking to me even. This team is the 2nd youngest team in the NFL and is 4-2. Usually teams that are that young don't have a record above .500 through 6 games. The key to that: Josh Freeman. Kid has a knack for succeeding under pressure when down in the 4th qtr. As a whole, the Bucs are very young and talented, but inexperienced. Offensively, there is no running game. Blount broke out against the Rams, but we'll see if it continues. The o-line has killed in Penalties and struggles in protection (right side) and run game. The WRs core is talented and young. Mike Williams has been very good, but is still a rookie. Needs to cure some fumbling. Benn will come on and stroughter fits the slot role. Winslow is mr. 3rd down and convert. He seems to always be Freemans target on 3rd a long.

Defensively, the bucs DE's are awful. Gerald McCoy commands double teams and yet, the Bucs DE's can't get pressure in 1 on 1 matchups. Our 2 DT's are coming along nice, but in the Tampa 2, the LB's are supposed to fill gaps in run defense. Barrett Ruud is the MOST OVERRATED LB in the league, Makes 99% of his tackles by tackling the running back 5+ yds from los. Black is the Bucs only true player at linebacker. Hayes is solid, but seemed to take a step back from his play last year. Secondary, the Bucs have been excellent. For the fact that the D-Line can't get a pass rush, they've been doing well.

SEASON OUTLOOK: (7-9) They have been destroyed by super bowl contenders in Pittsburgh and New Orleans, and really showed there in experience in those games. They'll get better as the year goes on, but I can't see them in the playoffs right now.

St. Louis Rams (3-4): 1 player: Sam Bradford. It's amazing how he is a rookie who came from a spread offense in Oklahoma that is having success as a rookie. This kid is going to be great. The o-line has done a good job and of course, they have an elite RB in Steven Jackson. Honestly, I am surprised at how well this team is playing.

Defensively, Chris Long is finally living up to his draft status and is becoming a headache for RT's. The rest of the d-line is doing a nice job, as I thought the Rams were awful on defense coming into the 2010 season. Laurenitis is going to be a stud MLB for years to come. In the secondary, the Rams are doing a very nice job containing other teams passing game. I was impressed how they limited the Chargers, who have the top pass offense in the NFL.

Season Outlook: Toss up. They can finish anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7. The NFC west is WIDE OPEN! Still not sold on Seattle, as they only play well at home. Arizona has no QB. I personally want the Rams to take the division, but honestly, I can't predict that the division at all.

Josh Freeman is a ************* boss. Top 10 quarterback in the NFL right now.

I'm exaggerating, but only slightly. He's right on the cusp of greatness.
    Last edited by yourfavestoner; 10-25-2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Don't sleep on Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        Josh Freeman is a ************* boss. Top 10 quarterback in the NFL right now.

I'm exaggerating, but only slightly. He's right on the cusp of greatness.
        This.
        I said at the beginning of the year, Tampa would go the way of Freeman. We all saw the potential last year, and now it's really clicking. Plus he has that ability to carry his team on his back. Kind of reminds me of Roethlisberger.

Comment

^I wish.

They are a pretty weak 4-2. Wins are wins but think about it...

W: @CHI, SD, ARZ, SF
          L: @ DEN, @STL

First of all, none of those teams are even really that good. Second of all, of the teams they've beaten - all of them are pretty much atrocious (even if the Chargers may turn it around later).

It's a weak 4-2, but a weak 9-7 could definitely win the division as we all know.

Their OL is pretty bad (Polumbus is now starting at LT with Okung aggravating his ankle injury) which makes the entire offense pretty sputtering - yards per play not good.

On D, they've been fantastic overall but the Broncos and Chargers lit them up through the air. Their run D is definitely for real though.
          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I love Josh Freeman, but the Bucs aren't finishing higher than third in the NFC South. If I was a Bucs fan, seeing what I've seen, I would be ecstatic that the team is over-performing right now. They are 4-2 despite being out-scored for the season.

The Chiefs may have the easiest schedule in the entire NFL. Not only are they going to make the playoffs, but they will have a home playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              I love Josh Freeman, but the Bucs aren't finishing higher than third in the NFC South. If I was a Bucs fan, seeing what I've seen, I would be ecstatic that the team is over-performing right now. They are 4-2 despite being out-scored for the season.

The Chiefs may have the easiest schedule in the entire NFL. Not only are they going to make the playoffs, but they will have a home playoff game.
              I sure hope so, cuz I'll be there!

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

This just goes to show that good coaching helps teams. Romeo and Weiss have transformed that team.

Comment

The Chiefs are also benefitting from good drafts via Pioli and those players finally being comfortable with the Chiefs systems and Haley's coaching style. Don't overlook Haley's development as a HC and the development of talent. This team has a lot of high draft picks on its roster. There is a lot of talent there. If all that talent came together along with the significant minds of Crennel and Weis, it's a recipe for success. This team believes.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I love the job Crennel has done, but I hate Charlie Weis. His play-calling has been pretty bad. Doesn't anyone remember that New England's offense got better when he left?

Comment

Weis as a teacher and an organizer is a very good coach. In the end, he has 3 Super Bowl rings as an OC and probably at least one other as an assistant with the Giants (can't say for sure). The track record is there from the past, and we'll see what he can do. The protection schemes so far this season look a lot better than last year. Haley is a pretty damn good offensive mind himself. I'm not sure who is making all of these play calls. Could be a hodge podge.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

The last few weeks our offense has been running on all levels. I can already see a difference in Cassel from last year. Weis is having an impact and it's the good kind.

Sometimes his actual playcalling is ******** though.

Comment

What coach calls a perfect gameplan every week? These guys work tirelessly to try to find weaknesses and exploit them. It is a process. It's all a matter of results. End of the day, the results are there.

Comment

No, I agree with you, and they have to find out what works for THIS team with THIS personnel so I'm okay with a bad call here and there. He has done a lot more good than harm, that's for sure.

Comment

This thread needs moar Josh 'Oh My Gosh' Freeman love.

:D

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information