Ryan Fitzpatrick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
    Yes, just as I would have said to any Browns fans who fell in love with the D.A.
    Fitzpatrick is playing significantly better than D.A. did with far less around him. Right now Fitzpatrick has a TD percentage of 8.6, which is about the same % that Tom Brady had in 2007. For comparison, D.A. was at 5.5%, completed only 56% of his passes (63% for Fitzpatrick), and had a QB rating 20 points lower.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      He throws an UGLY ball. Wow. I watched the entire game yesterday and dear lord some of those throws were ugly. Yes, right now thats getting it done but long term? Get outta here.
      Exactly. Wait until the weather gets nasty in Buffalo and any other late season, outdoor, northeast games are played.

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
      Fitzpatrick is playing significantly better than D.A. did with far less around him. Right now Fitzpatrick has a TD percentage of 8.6, which is about the same % that Tom Brady had in 2007. For comparison, D.A. was at 5.5%, completed only 56% of his passes (63% for Fitzpatrick), and had a QB rating 20 points lower.
      See above. I'm not saying he is a second coming of DA, simply that he's not the long term answer, as DA was not for Cleveland. FWIW, Lee Evans has played at a consistently higer level than Braylon ever has.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

And Lee Evans at his best was nothing compared to what Braylon did in that season with DA at QB. He was unstoppable that year.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Exactly. Wait until the weather gets nasty in Buffalo and any other late season, outdoor, northeast games are played.
          But, my point is, what if he keeps up this level of play despite how ugly it looks when he throws it?

See above. I'm not saying he is a second coming of DA, simply that he's not the long term answer, as DA was not for Cleveland. FWIW, Lee Evans has played at a consistently higer level than Braylon ever has.
          Braylon in 2007 was basically impossible to cover, the only person who could stop him was himself with dropped passes. Lee Evans has never been that good

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
            It's been 4 games. I give him kudos for managing a winning record in his games last season (he could have a win or two this year if we still had a pass rush) and for playing very well in this one, but I think you should tone down the comparisons/expectations.

And **** you, APS. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
              It's been 4 games. I give him kudos for managing a winning record in his games last season (he could have a win or two this year if we still had a pass rush) and for playing very well in this one, but I think you should tone down the comparisons/expectations.

I don't know if he is going to keep up this level of play or not and I am certainly not comparing him him to Tom Brady. All I am saying is that if he keeps up this level of play then I don't see why they would draft a QB

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post

Im assuming that has more to do with me taking a shot at the Toronto thing then the criticisms of Fitzpatrick? If you notice, I did actually say nice things about the Bills in my post. I love CJ Spiller!
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I think at the end of the year a 14 game sample size is a lot more telling than the 4 games he's played in so far. If Buffalo were to just draft someone other than a QB i think that would be a mistake. Trade the pick and get several choices where you can say you went a long way to turning your franchise around with that move.

Fitzpatrick is also 28 years old, Locker is 22, Luck is 21. There's a real chance Ryan could be working for Fidelity in five years when those other's are leading their teams to the Superbowl. I wouldnt want to be the butt of those jokes.

Comment

Are y'all trying to prove my point? That's what it sound like, as you're commenting on how studly players were for one ******* year. lol

Even if Fitzpatrick continues to play this well the Bills shouldn't look at it as anything more than a great way to groom a long term solution. If Fitz chokes next year (or to finish this year) the team will have a top pick QB behind him ready to be thrown to the wolves.

EDIT: Let's not forget that Fitz couldn't even wrest control of the starting job from Trent Edwards through camp / preseason and a game or two.
                    Last edited by FlyingElvis; 10-25-2010, 02:35 PM.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

What if he plays reallllly well, and leads them to 6-8 wins?

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
                        What if he plays reallllly well, and leads them to 6-8 wins?
                        Buffalo in that division is going to go 6-4 or 8-2 the rest of the way? you know better than that. He's had a nice start and could put the QB debate on hold for a couple of years but i still think the Bills are the worst team in the league.

And i would add if they were to somehow win 6-8 games then the top QBs are going to be gone.
                        Last edited by Babylon; 10-25-2010, 03:49 PM.

Comment

hes on pace for 29tds and 11ints

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                            hes on pace for 29tds and 11ints
                            39 and 14. And 400 yards rushing. He can't be stopped!

Comment

Didn't really get the hype of him when I saw him vs the Jets though he is a very skill player with his feet. Very deceptively quick but his arm was nothing special vs the Jets.

Seems like a good backup type like a David Garrard type. Buffalo should still get themselves a QB though.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                                Draft a QB and let Fitzpatrick take the lumps for a year or two until that offensive line is rebuilt.

I must say, though, I like Fitzpatrick. He's a frisky quarterback, and he'll get that talentless Bills team a win or two this year.
                                This completely.

I doubt Fitz is the answer (though I think he has a case if he continues to play at such a high level), but the offensive line needs to be revamped as does the defense. Higher priority right now.
                                Just play me, baby

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information