Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This season's terrible officiating.(not a rant)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    There was I think 2:33 and the Steelers had all three timeouts. The Dolphins were given two fumbles in or around the red zone and only got 6 points. Also, they had a chance at the end, and got like 3 yards.
    Oh, I thought they had no timeouts. Either way though, they get the ball at their 20, and at the absolute minimum force Pittsburgh to use either their 3 timeouts or wait till the two-minute warning after exhausting two timeouts. That's if they didn't get a first down.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
      Oh, I thought they had no timeouts. Either way though, they get the ball at their 20, and at the absolute minimum force Pittsburgh to use either their 3 timeouts or wait till the two-minute warning after exhausting two timeouts. That's if they didn't get a first down.
      Oh trust me, I know. All I am saying is that Miami had oppertunities to win this game before that play and failed to do so. Yes the Steelers got a call their way, but it shouldn't have even come to that.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        Eh, that's what college football does and it seems like every single game has a stretch where five or six plays in a row end up getting reviewed, completely killing the momentum of the game.

Bad calls have never been something that have bothered me. I've found, through both playing and coaching, that calls even out over the course of a season. Nobody ever remembers bad calls that go in your favor, or stuff you get away with that ends up a no-call. For every call that goes against my team, I notice five other things that they got away with. It happens in every game to every team.
        This is the Ketchmanite argument, and I hate it. sorry.

it happens equally =/= it is good

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

transcribed from game thread:

anyone else see the Pittsburgh non-TD they gave them today on ESPN? They showed it from a new angle & it was complete BJ for the Steelers as usual. No way was that a TD, ball came out on a green playing field, nowhere near the goal linethey said it was the "correct interpretation of a bad rule," what crap. The rule must be When in doubt, hand job for the Steelers.

Comment

dbl post lo siento.
            Last edited by LizardState; 10-25-2010, 09:15 PM.

Comment

I don't see why that Santonio call was so controversial. Hill facemasked him on the play, and Holmes STILL almost caught the ball...

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                This is the Ketchmanite argument, and I hate it. sorry.

it happens equally =/= it is good
                But what would equal good? Officiating will never be completely perfect or fair.

Like I said, bad calls even out over the course of a season. People never notice or care about the ones that work in their favor. They only care when it works against them.

As the great shirpa Rasheed Wallance once said, "Ball don't lie."

I will admit, though, that the coaches challenge system is stupid and ineffective.
                Last edited by yourfavestoner; 10-25-2010, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Im not sure if the college style system of reviewing plays would be helpful, since the refs have been blowing those as well it seems.

(neg rep for starting this thread? really? And I didnt even mention the Shancoe TD)

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                    Im not sure if the college style system of reviewing plays would be helpful, since the refs have been blowing those as well it seems.

(neg rep for starting this thread? really? And I didnt even mention the Shancoe TD)
                    Gen. Z should have positive rep for this thread, entirely appropriate. The rule changes & the Commissioner blow.

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post

Lolz oh Packer fans.

Comment

When you make too many rules, this is going to be the result.

Comment

I did not think that call last night was bad.... :D I must say I sure thought McCarthy wasted our challenge though. I can see how the ground did appear to be used but I dont see how the call could be overturned.

Two controversial no calls that changed games for us were against the Redskins and Dolphins. During OT against the Redskins Rodgers threw a INT that led to the Redskins winning FG. Rodgers was hit helmet to helmet as he threw which should have been a 15 yard flag and no INT. Instead nothing but later that week the player was fined for this hit.

Againist the Dolphins supposedly the guy standing up wasn't a yard away from the center like the rule states on punts. It looks pretty obvious to me he was. So in the 4th after the Dolphins punt, game goes to commercial and comes back on. Here we find out the Packers were flagged for that BS and instead of seeing the offense like we expected its 1st down Miami (was like 4th an 4 so they got 1st down) The Dolphins then drive down to score a TD and take the lead when it should have been GB ball.

It is what it is so im over them.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

The NFL loves reviewed plays because they can flood it with ads, replay it twice, go to ad break for a few minutes come back play the replays and say something.

I personally don't care about ref errors, they happen, some things you should make sure you get right such as TD catches but really outside of that I think the game would run better with less interference. Would also be good if they clarified some of the rules that have created problems this year.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                              The NFL loves reviewed plays because they can flood it with ads, replay it twice, go to ad break for a few minutes come back play the replays and say something.

I personally don't care about ref errors, they happen, some things you should make sure you get right such as TD catches but really outside of that I think the game would run better with less interference. Would also be good if they clarified some of the rules that have created problems this year.
                              I agree with everything in this post.

Comment

There have been a wholelotta slow whistles this yr. sometimes resulting in the ballcarrier being stripped & a chg. of possession.

ESPN even commented on it & showed the play where Cowboy WR Roy Williams has held up for 3-4 secs. after a big gain & got stripped, he & the whole Dallas bench were screaming at the ref for a whistle that was verrrrrrry slow in coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information