Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This season's terrible officiating.(not a rant)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't stand refs these days, and the thing about them that pisses me off the most is they are immune to criticism. If they do a bad job, and anyone says anything, they're fined.

Brad Childress is a moron and even his own fans can't stand him.

But me, personally, I tip my cap to him for calling them out for their terrible job in big plays on Sunday night. Now I am glad the refs screwed the Vikings as we've been screwed in our 3 losses.

But I just don't get why they are immune to criticism. They're not public volunteers right? They're not charity. They are getting paid right? Not as much as players of coaches, but a nice salary.

No I don't expect them to be perfect as they're human and we all **** up at times, beit with our girlfriends, tests, work, our free throw shooting, short putts, double faults, errors, etc.

But NFL refs should be great at what they do, and they should be able to properly use technology to make their calls more accurate. I don't like teams fortunes being decided by zebras and it seems to be happening moreso than ever as parity is rampant in the NFL.

Look how close all the Ravens, Packers games have been.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
      I can't stand refs these days, and the thing about them that pisses me off the most is they are immune to criticism. If they do a bad job, and anyone says anything, they're fined.

Brad Childress is a moron and even his own fans can't stand him.

But me, personally, I tip my cap to him for calling them out for their terrible job in big plays on Sunday night. Now I am glad the refs screwed the Vikings as we've been screwed in our 3 losses.

But I just don't get why they are immune to criticism. They're not public volunteers right? They're not charity. They are getting paid right? Not as much as players of coaches, but a nice salary.

No I don't expect them to be perfect as they're human and we all **** up at times, beit with our girlfriends, tests, work, our free throw shooting, short putts, double faults, errors, etc.

But NFL refs should be great at what they do, and they should be able to properly use technology to make their calls more accurate. I don't like teams fortunes being decided by zebras and it seems to be happening moreso than ever as parity is rampant in the NFL.

Look how close all the Ravens, Packers games have been.
      Supposedly they're not immune. They get graded on each game and at the end of the season if they receive a high grade are rewarded with reffing playoff games. If they are graded poorly they can be terminated.

Comment

The biggest problem is that almost every rule is open to interpretation. When that happens, just about everything that gets called or missed is pretty much a guess from the officials. Everything has to be clearly defined and the only things that are clearly defined are false starts and illegal formations.

Comment

Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
          I don't see why that Santonio call was so controversial. Hill facemasked him on the play, and Holmes STILL almost caught the ball...
          I agree, it was absolutely the right call. It's not even debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
            Brandon Flowers "PI" should be higher then 4.and Brandon Carr's "PI" should have been on this list as well
            To tell you the truth I think the call on Carr was worse, the call on Flowers had more of an impact on the game but the call by it's self on Carr was much worse.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information