No announcement yet.

Pro Bowl QBs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...what we do seem to be in agreement on is that there are 4 guys with realistic AFC potential barring injuries....while the NFC is much more wide open.

Comment

Honestly, I can see Matt Cassel creeping into the discussion as his yardage gets better. Week 1 was pretty brutal for his fantasy stats, but those were horrible conditions and Weis didn't have much of an idea of what he had on offense. Bowe is stepping up and McCluster has become a part of the passing game... Should be interesting when Chambers returns.

But, yeah.... Peyton, Brady, Rivers and Brees, Rodgers, Eli at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
        4,009 yards, 65.3% completion percetage, 8.4 Y/A, 34 TD's, and 11 INT's.

I don't get what you're arguing though. What I'm saying is that I think Rivers's odds of making the Pro Bowl are better than Big Ben's, mainly because he'll put up better stats, Ben missed 1/4 of the season, and resentment toward Big Ben's alleged rape controversy.

What you're bringing up took place 2 years ago in a different NFL landscape and is in a broader circumstance than what I'm talking about. If you want to talk broadly, looking back at last year would be more accurate since it was more recent and Rivers made that Pro Bowl (over Ben Roethlisberger who's only been voted once, in 2007). He led the AFC in QB rating then too, but was 5th in yards and 4th in TD's.
        Last year the Chargers got the second seed. Two years ago the team appeared finished when pro bowl voting ended.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
          Honestly, I can see Matt Cassel creeping into the discussion as his yardage gets better. Week 1 was pretty brutal for his fantasy stats, but those were horrible conditions and Weis didn't have much of an idea of what he had on offense. Bowe is stepping up and McCluster has become a part of the passing game... Should be interesting when Chambers returns.

But, yeah.... Peyton, Brady, Rivers and Brees, Rodgers, Eli at the moment.
          I like that, but I have a feeling the Falcons are going to finish about 12-4 with that cupcake schedule they have. That means Matty Ice will creep into the discussion for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
            Who the hell are going to be this year's Pro Bowl QBs?

I'll start with the NFC where there were the Big 4 entering the season:

Brees
            Rodgers
            Favre
            Romo

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

It's amazing to look at the passer rating leaders right now. Remember how great they were last year? Not this year. Right now, Romo is the leader at 94.9, which wasn't even top ten last year I believe. With him beind out, he's out of the Pro Bowl as well.

Currently, the 1-5 in NFC passer rating is:
            1. Romo
            2. Brees
            3. Matt Ryan
            4. Rodgers
            5. Eli Manning

Passing yards is:
            1. Brees
            2. Rodgers
            3. Eli Manning
            4. McNabb
            5. Matt Ryan

Passing TD's is:
            1. Brees
            2. Eli Manning
            3. Rodgers
            4. Romo
            5. Matt Ryan

I can't believe that Brees still ranks that high.
            For the 3 Pro Bowl spots, I think it has to be between:
            Brees, Rodgers, Eli & Ryan. One of them will get eliminated.

By the way, here's another indication of how much better the AFC is than the NFC:
            Romo's NFC-leading passer rating of 91.4 would rank 9th in the AFC, right between Seneca Wallace and Matt Cassel.

And did you know: Ryan Fitzpatrick of Buffalo has a passer rating of 102, which is right behind Peyton Manning, 2nd in the NFL.
            He has 11 TDs to 4 Ints, which is the same as Tom Brady, who's passer rating is 6 points less than Fitzpatrick. In 70 less attempts, Fitz has the same # of TD passes as Brady, which is amazing. Maybe Buffalo doesn't need to draft a QB with that #1 pick.

Vince Young's passer rating is 3rd in the NFL. Ahead of Rivers, Brady, Schuab.
            Probably Brees, Rodgers, and Manning for the NFC.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information